Tigers chants & songs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers chants & songs

Post by JackFlashJonny »

This topic needs to be addressed..we need something the crowd can sing when a player dazzles..songs are what builds atmosphere..many of you won't care and that is fair enough but hearing a stadium in song is like nothing else..fields of athenry and the like light up a stadium and TIGGEEERRRSSSS or clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap TIGERS doesn't really do much for anyone..

What about Hey Jude for Veainu

Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, Veainu

Could easily be adapted to:

Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, Manu

Was trying to think of a Kasabian song that could work but they don't lend to this easily..

Tired after an amazing weekend in Limerick so go easy on me :smt023
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers chants & songs

Post by iceman_19 »

Jonny I agree 100% - I was going to start a topic on this (even though it has been done to death every year!) - but the annoying thing is that unless it is organised, nothing takes off. My brother and I tried singing a song that went "Bai, Bai, Seremai Bai" to the tune of "American Pie", but most people around me (quite rightly) looked us like we were idiots.

Basically, it has to start on the terraces and be pre-planned by a large group of say 10-20 in order for it to be loud enough to encourage others to join in without feeling like mugs. A famous tune, and two lines (on repeat) max, otherwise it becomes too much effort! (The only exception is the hymn route, but I can't think of many that would catch on)

Liking the Hey Jude suggestion. :smt023
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

We can meet up at the next match maybe and at least be 5 idiots trying to shake a old tired Tigers crowd into life :smt023

I will keep thinking about other chants..I like the Bai one but I feel he isn't really outstanding enough to deserve a song haha
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Whats wrong with Tiguurs, Tiguurs, Tigurrs or the other favourite Tigers clap clap clap clap Tigeeers!

Both are easy to master and everyone can sing along to them. :smt003
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

This has been done to death before, some comedian suggested Muds "Tiger feet" if I remember right. The tartan rug brigade will not join in, what ever you try. We need the "Famous Hiss and Boo " band back.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

tigerburnie wrote:This has been done to death before, some comedian suggested Muds "Tiger feet" if I remember right. The tartan rug brigade will not join in, what ever you try. We need the "Famous Hiss and Boo " band back.
As I said before, tb, it usually crops up once a season and nothing happens. It needs organising by a terrace regular - or a group on here who arrange to get together on the terrace to belt a new idea out to see if it catches on.

I would volunteer to be a ringleader but, based in Bristol, I can't get to all that many home games these days!

Shocking commitment, I know :smt011
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hiss and Boo were on the wrong side of the pitch, if I remember correctly, they need to be on the Crumbie to get anything going. BB is still blowing his Trumpet, time to get him back out of the Droglites bar?
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Been done to death, but still entertaining…. we really do need some chants and I have to say that the travelling Tigers in Limerick were super-vocal.

Nothing wrong with 'Ohh Nicky Nicky, Nicky Nicky Nicky Gon-eva' (and nice and repetitive, which is what the Tigers faithful tend to like!).

Also quite liked 'You've been, Ayerza-erd'
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

When we get Manu back our repertoire will be able to include...

Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If the Fatboys front up enough in scrums and mauls we can also indulge in...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeave

What more do you want? :smt002 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Who are Kasabian?
Why can't we sing something by those nice lads from Wishbone Ash or Family??
I'll get my (Afghan) coat.........
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

LE18 wrote:Hiss and Boo were on the wrong side of the pitch, if I remember correctly, they need to be on the Crumbie to get anything going. BB is still blowing his Trumpet, time to get him back out of the Droglites bar?
Yes I'm sure "Mad Malc" Maddock would be more than capable of penning a few chants to some classic trad jazz tunes, or perhaps he could persuade his talented musician elder son (James) to lend a hand?!

But be serious LE18 you'll never get Bob B out of the Droglites!! :smt002
Soggypitch
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Need to emulate the LCFC fans v Chelsea tonight. Non-stop unbelievable noise! That's how to chant and get behind your team. Bravo!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote:When we get Manu back our repertoire will be able to include...

Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If the Fatboys front up enough in scrums and mauls we can also indulge in...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeave

What more do you want? :smt002 :smt023
You should also include the well known cry "G'arn!" when a winger or scrum half breaks. This is not to be confused with the Jamaican patois "Gwarn"!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
DCATsOLDMAN

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

MrPartridge wrote:Need to emulate the LCFC fans v Chelsea tonight. Non-stop unbelievable noise! That's how to chant and get behind your team. Bravo!
If we cannot get our act together on songs and chants, how about clappers provided by a sponsor? Annoying, maybe, but noisy :smt038
Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

I'm surprised people are suggesting chants/songs that relate only to a particular player. I cannot think of any in rugby that do this: they are all for the team. Individual chants are very much a football thing. I remember, when I was young, stupid and followed football, standing on the Pop Side at the Baseball Ground where we had a chant for each player. We would start with the goalkeeper (Les Green or later Colin Boulton - that's showing my age!) and continue his chant until he waved to us: we would then move on to the No.2 and so on.

Northampton have 'When The Saints Go Marching In', Harlequins have 'The Mighty Quinn' and I've even heard the Plastic Paddys in Reading break into 'Fields Of Athenry' occasionally. It's a shame there isn't a well-known, suitable Leicester or Tiger song.