Ticket prices

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ticket prices

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I just went to purchase some tickets to the home Christmas game and couldn't believe you have to pay £39 a ticket to sit anywhere in the ground and £28 to stand...

When did the prices go up?..I have been lucky enough to get free tickets a lot of the time through family so it appears I am rather out of sync..

£39 seems pretty steep or is that just me? Surely this is the most expensive in the AP..
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Ticket prices

Post by Soggypitch »

I agree it is very expensive, but can only see it going one way with new contracts to pay for....

Have to tell you though that Saints and Bath are more expensive, not sure about the rest!
Soggypitch
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

WOW just looked at Saints..£43 to sit anywhere in the ground..no Gold, Silver or Bronze sections good for some but awful for others sat in corners for £43..

Season ticket holders like many of you get a good deal and rightly so..but I worry they will rarely fill the ground unless one off tickets are cheaper..hopefully I am wrong and thankfully standing is relatively cheap
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It has crept up over the years. One of the selling points used to be that it was significantly cheaper than the football but that's no longer the case.

Prices at Saints are simply eye watering these days. £40 to stand!

Plus I always think as travelling Tigers fans we get a raw deal, as we are always a category A game for pretty much all clubs. If you went to away games all season I suspect you'd be about a couple of hundred quid down on a Worcester fan doing the same.
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Wasps tickets are often £15 for over 10s, free for under 10's. Its a big difference. Obviously apart from the Tigers game!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

The standalone prices were one of the drivers for me to get a season ticket a couple of years back after paying £50 for me and an 8yo to see us play Wasps. Though I am not certain a ST is the best option for me either. Price/Supply/Demand has to ultimately match up and as the supply (increased capacity) has gone up.... unless of course the people happy to pay £40 are there waiting. Might depend on how successful we are on the field this season.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Have you looked at the 6 nations prices? £400-500+ per ticket at the cabbage patch and £140+ for the Calcutta cup at Murrayfield.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

A ST doesn't work for me because I can only go to about two thirds of the games, so the individual price is important to me.

Unfortunately the prices are beginning to put me off, for example there is no way I'm going to be paying a fortune for two adult tickets, one student and one junior to watch the Munster game at 5.15 on a Sunday!£95 to stand!!! £103 if I get them within 7 days of the game.

I can go to the pub as usual, make Sunday dinner with my wife and we can all eat it on a tray watching the game on TV....but if the prices were more affordable we would be there.

Another really annoying thing is that the ticket prices go up £2 per ticket if they are booked within a week of the game! That cost me an extra £8 for the Stade game. I'm afraid that's taking the proverbial.

As Ourla says, unless Tigers start to really perform on the pitch, the chances of filling the stadium on a regular basis are slim indeed.

The Club really do need to get the balance right between ticket prices and actually getting near capacity crowds in the enlarged stadium. Perhaps it will take them a season or so to do so. In the meantime I will be attending less games than I used to.
Soggypitch
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigers and England are "cashing in" on the "high value" hospitality market. Good for the P&L account and it worked for the RWC.

It is likely to continue. It will jutify rebuilding the Crumbie, with a "Peter Tom Suite" and "Cohen Lounge" and no public bars.

This is called progress.

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

tigerburnie wrote:Have you looked at the 6 nations prices? £400-500+ per ticket at the cabbage patch and £140+ for the Calcutta cup at Murrayfield.
These are resale website prices aren't they? Rather than direct purchases? I paid £80 odd for Calcutta Cup last year through ballot process.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Stu_F wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Have you looked at the 6 nations prices? £400-500+ per ticket at the cabbage patch and £140+ for the Calcutta cup at Murrayfield.
These are resale website prices aren't they? Rather than direct purchases? I paid £80 odd for Calcutta Cup last year through ballot process.
The implication being that by issuing tickets at a price below that which the market will bear, the RFU are promoting the game for 'real'supporters rather than just maximising revenue and profits?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

So good it had to be repeated.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Soggypitch wrote:A ST doesn't work for me because I can only go to about two thirds of the games, so the individual price is important to me.

The Club really do need to get the balance right between ticket prices and actually getting near capacity crowds in the enlarged stadium. Perhaps it will take them a season or so to do so. In the meantime I will be attending less games than I used to.
The Club's Buyback scheme has sorted this out Soggypitch. We returned our tickets under this scheme (which is much better than StubJub) for the games we knew we could not make and all of them have been re-sold. We get back the money we paid for them pro-rata which is fair to all. Tigers get to re-sell them, we are not out of pocket but we get the benefit of ST prices for all those games we can get to. Not sure how much more the Club could do to be fair to its ST holders. Rightly or wrongly, the old economics rule of supply and demand will always govern ticket prices for one-off games at both club and international levels.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Out of interest how many sell outs have we had yet this season does anyone know?

Tickets for the six nations are £90ish through the ballot as put so don't know where you are getting those prices TB...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Just by looking at the ground I can tell you we've not even been close to a sell out yet.