FRU statement

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

FRU statement

Post by rdracup »

After a wide consultation with its members the FRU today calls upon Mr Richard Cockerill to omit Mr Dan Cole from the Leicester Tigers match day squad for their forthcoming fixture with Worcester Warriors. An FRU spokesperson said, "Mr Cole is a well respected and experienced prop but in his last match he lost his focus, and set a bad example to younger members of the FRU. A one match ban seems appropriate, however should Mr Cole continue with his unhealthy interest in the match score, rather than his work in the scrum, the FRU will have no option but to cancel his membership. In this case in order to continue his rugby career Mr Cole will have no option other than to join our sisters in the backs".

Issued by the Front Row Union, c/o the ABC Bar, Welford Road Leicester.
Last edited by rdracup on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: FRU statement

Post by TigerCam »

rdracup wrote:After a wide consultation with its members the FRU today calls upon Mr Richard Cockerill to omit Mr Dan Cole from the Leicester Tigers match day squad for their forthcoming fixture with Worcester Warriors. An FRU spokesperson said, "Mr Cole is a well respected and experienced prop but in his last match he lost his focus, and set a bad example to younger members of the FRU. A one match ban seems appropriate, however should Mr Cole continue with his unhealthy interest in the match score, rather than his work in the scrum, the FRU will have no option but to cancel his membership. In this case in order to continue his rugby career Mr Cole will have no option other to join our sisters in the backs".

Issued by the Front Row Union, c/o the ABC Bar, Welford Road Leicester.
I'm disgusted that he (DC) would cross the demarcation line and interfere with and deny his 'brothers in union' their rightful and negotiated trade of scoring points. Such a travesty of employment has never been seen since a Cammell Laird 1/4 plate- man picked up a 1/2 plate and caused a two week strike. Whatever next?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Further to the FRU's earlier statement FRU are disappointed that Mr Dan Cole has been selected this weekend. As former FRU member, Mr Cockerill should have supported the aims of the union. However there is still over 24 hours for Mr Cockerill to reconsider his decision. The FRU know that he often makes changes just before kick off. We hope he will think again.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Statement from the BBC (Beautiful Backs Club) : We thank the FRU for their kind offer, but we cannot accept Mr Coles membership application due to the fact that he simply did what all FRU members normally do, and that is to fall over at the breakdown, regardless of whether he lands on a ball, player or a stray pie crust. 'No creativity, no membership' is our motto. Perhaps the Second Row Union could file for adoption?".
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:Statement from the BBC (Beautiful Backs Club) : We thank the FRU for their kind offer, but we cannot accept Mr Coles membership application due to the fact that he simply did what all FRU members normally do, and that is to fall over at the breakdown, regardless of whether he lands on a ball, player or a stray pie crust. 'No creativity, no membership' is our motto. Perhaps the Second Row Union could file for adoption?".
The FRU should note that Mr Cole was quoted on TV as saying he only did what he was supposed to, dive on a loose ball. He clearly was a member of the FRU as he had absolutely no idea where the tryline was. I should also note, as a member of the BBC who had time to have his hair styled during a game in the mud at Bonymaen in the late 80s, Mr Cole's tonsure disqualifies him from membership of said BBC.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

I don't see the point of this thread at all. As fully paid-up members of the FRU, and in Cocker's case the even less cerebral ABCFRU, I doubt that they can even read it let alone comprehend!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TomWeston wrote:I don't see the point of this thread at all. As fully paid-up members of the FRU, and in Cocker's case the even less cerebral ABCFRU, I doubt that they can even read it let alone comprehend!
The two decades away from the coalface have blurred my judgement - of course you are correct Sir! :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Considering the current climate, I am somewhat concerned about the hair (less) strike by Mr Cole. I do not think that saying he just dived on a loose ball is sufficient evidence to demonstrate that the collateral damage to a Bath was accidental.
Valhalla I am coming!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

fleabane wrote:Considering the current climate, I am somewhat concerned about the hair (less) strike by Mr Cole. I do not think that saying he just dived on a loose ball is sufficient evidence to demonstrate that the collateral damage to a Bath was accidental.
Dan holed them below the waterline and they rapidly went down the plughole afterwards!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

As a life long member of the BBC I am now beginning to realise that the view I held in my playing days that all rugby players are honest and intelligent human beings is a false one. For one thing how can anyone claim that a coach who has undergone years of H + S training would "teach" you to trip up and fall on a ball - it could hurt your tummy something members of the FRU generally appear to have a lot of.
Hehehehehehehehe
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

To compound his felony he seized the ball in the loose depriving the back row of their duties.

Tigers have issued a statement
"We cannot condone such actions. The expectation would be that we pick a side of 15 props and the catering budget cap is strictly enforced!"
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

There has been a general decline in standards in recent years, personally I blame Mr S Brits who many of us must have seen committing acts that in better times would have been considered as bordering on witchcraft.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:'No creativity, no membership' is our motto.
Where does that leave Farrell?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Big Cliff74

Post by Big Cliff74 »

I think many of the previous posters may have been misinformed. Post-game and after considerable refreshments, young Mr Cole told a tale of sidestepping, dummying and a 60 yard sprint before a graceful grounding under the posts. Later in the evening I’m sure there was a one handed pick up a couple of handoffs and a kick and chase in the story after he outran his backs.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Cliff74 wrote:I think many of the previous posters may have been misinformed. Post-game and after considerable refreshments, young Mr Cole told a tale of sidestepping, dummying and a 60 yard sprint before a graceful grounding under the posts. Later in the evening I’m sure there was a one handed pick up a couple of handoffs and a kick and chase in the story after he outran his backs.
You missed out the bit abour him dummying a dropped goal!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!