Worcester v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Worcester v Tigers

Post by vin rouge »

you can now watch the full game on the premiership website- I actually thought we looked very creative, great to see the ball consistantly going out wide when last year centres would have taken contact, and to see we have the gas to go outside when wide as well.

Good to see we had two players make the telegraph team of the week, although I'd never noticed before how much Veainu looks like Betham(!) :smt011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... me=3519631
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

This was an excellent comeback although the swirling wind made it a bit of a lottery, as was proved the case by the team playing against the wind, us in the fast half when we scored 7 points and they only managed 3 in the second half, so whoever scored the most points when playing with the wind in their favour was bound to win. Happily we adopted the right tactics in kicking for field position and only scored a penalty when we were more or less bang slam in front of their posts and not too far out. Good win all the same.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

vin rouge wrote:you can now watch the full game on the premiership website- I actually thought we looked very creative, great to see the ball consistantly going out wide when last year centres would have taken contact, and to see we have the gas to go outside when wide as well.

Good to see we had two players make the telegraph team of the week, although I'd never noticed before how much Veainu looks like Betham(!) :smt011

I watched it last night.

We are running the ball out of our own 22 quite a bit this season. It actually draws some good penalties from the oppo and can result in good breakouts - as the oppo get over excited or drop off. Requires good execution of course, any turnovers in that part of the field are risky.

I thought we kept our heads well and felt a lot more positive than I did from listening on the radio live.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ourla wrote:I thought we kept our heads well and felt a lot more positive than I did from listening on the radio live.
If you were listening on Radio Leicester, Steve Johnson can have that effect :smt003
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Never have a clue what's going on with Bledwynns commentary
PAW

Post by PAW »

Can anyone clarify what happened with the last try?
I was at the game but a combination of a couple of pints and being embroiled in a philosophical discussion with a few Worcester fans meant I missed something.
As best I can recall, we were pushing for the line and went over but the ball appeared to be held up. A Wuss player then seemed to have a tantrum and was being held back by his team mates. Wayne ran under the posts, presumably for a penalty try (given that Owen kicked it from straight in front) whilst a Wuss player trudged off before his mates.
Afraid the link to the highlights doesn't work with various firewalls and other security items where I am.
Thanks in advance
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

mightymouse wrote:Never have a clue what's going on with Bledwynns commentary
Neither does Bledwynn?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

PAW wrote:Can anyone clarify what happened with the last try?
I was at the game but a combination of a couple of pints and being embroiled in a philosophical discussion with a few Worcester fans meant I missed something.
As best I can recall, we were pushing for the line and went over but the ball appeared to be held up. A Wuss player then seemed to have a tantrum and was being held back by his team mates. Wayne ran under the posts, presumably for a penalty try (given that Owen kicked it from straight in front) whilst a Wuss player trudged off before his mates.
Afraid the link to the highlights doesn't work with various firewalls and other security items where I am.
Thanks in advance
AFAIK in at the side preventing a certain try. Not sure if the yellow was for this as well, perhaps he called Waynetta a silly billy :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
ourla wrote:I thought we kept our heads well and felt a lot more positive than I did from listening on the radio live.
If you were listening on Radio Leicester, Steve Johnson can have that effect :smt003
I was listening to the away team local radio. It was very good.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

jgriffin wrote:
PAW wrote:Can anyone clarify what happened with the last try?
Thanks in advance
AFAIK in at the side preventing a certain try. Not sure if the yellow was for this as well, perhaps he called Waynetta a silly billy :smt004
It was in at the side preventing a try and yes that was what the yellow was for (from watching the replay on telly)
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

jgriffin wrote:
PAW wrote:AFAIK in at the side preventing a certain try. Not sure if the yellow was for this as well, perhaps he called Waynetta a silly billy :smt004
Cox (6) was in at the side whilst the ball was in the field of play before going over the tryline. A yellow has to be issued when a PT is awarded.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

vin rouge wrote:you can now watch the full game on the premiership website- I actually thought we looked very creative, great to see the ball consistantly going out wide when last year centres would have taken contact, and to see we have the gas to go outside when wide as well.

Going on the RL commentary we were the worst team ever, but watching it back I thought it was an encouraging performance away from home.

As for the Veainu/Betham confusion: the Telegraph haven't been the only ones in the past few weeks and their editorial standards, along with some others, border on casual racism. Either that or they should get to specsavers!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

As a matter of interest does Donncha O'Callaghan get to have a disciplinary hearing after a red for two yellows? Personally I'd think the red was more than punishment enough but nothing about officialdom would surprise me.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I think for two yellows the red card is seen as sufficient punishment.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Iain wrote:I think for two yellows the red card is seen as sufficient punishment.
A disciplinary hearing is mandatory following a red card.

However, the panel may well conclude that the red card was of itself sufficient punishment.
Still keeping the faith!