Worcester v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester v Tigers

Post by Bunchy »

RagingBull wrote:Cockers saying he might be picking a risky team.
To be fair, he said educated risk by rotating 2 or 3 players - what he means is we cant play the same starting XV every week, especially in this congested season.
Less is more....
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Bunchy wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Cockers saying he might be picking a risky team.
To be fair, he said educated risk by rotating 2 or 3 players - what he means is we cant play the same starting XV every week, especially in this congested season.
And especially with the squad we've got. We don't have a first XV - we have a deep and solid squad. Only a handful of players can be sure of their starting spot and - with the possible exception of Ayerza and Cole - even they can be easily rotated because there isn't a massive drop down to the next in line.

You could ask every Tigers fan who their first choice line-up would be and you'd get almost as many different opinions as fans. That's not the case for other top teams.

It's how Saracens operated the last couple of seasons, though, and that stood them in good stead come the business end. It's looking promising for us, too....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Blabyboy wrote:My early observations regarding this weeks fixture......
Positive- 3.00 Ko. Very rare these days. I will be at the match and I will relish this almost extinct, quirky tradition of holding sports functions on a Saturday afternoon.
Negative- poor train service. Outbound service is good. Leicester/narborough to new street then change for Worcester. Home bound, the last train from Worcester is 20.52? But to the other Brum station, then walk to new street for the Leicester train. It's always a worry for me getting the last train. No margine for error. Also I will get lost on the walk between Brum stations and you only get 20 ish minutes. Have other rail users come to the same conclusion or am I missing something? Maybe an alternative route?
Oh and also, the rugby should be good. Maybe we can stem the dillusions of grandure emminating from six ways.
As a former Birmingham resident in my uni days, I assume the other station is Snow Hill...? Twenty minutes between arrival and departing for Leicester is doable but a bit tight. You'll want to get a good shift on. In latter years you'd just be able to leg it straight down to the Pallasades entrance but I'm not sure of the entrances are the same now it's changed. Plus New Street is enormous and you're relying on seeing quickly which platform you need.

If it were me I'd be reluctant to take the risk. Have you considered asking John Griffiths if there is any space on the Away Supporters Club coach?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

For all travelling on the Away Supporters coaches I was informed yesterday that due to the building work we cannot leave from or park in the Crumbie car park. Steph from our ticket office has just phoned me to say that Tigers have made arrangements for us to leave and park at the Kingpower Stadium. Times remain the same.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

johnthegriff wrote:For all travelling on the Away Supporters coaches I was informed yesterday that due to the building work we cannot leave from or park in the Crumbie car park. Steph from our ticket office has just phoned me to say that Tigers have made arrangements for us to leave and park at the Kingpower Stadium. Times remain the same.
Perhaps the club could assist you in broadcasting this information on their official social media channels?

Have a good day. I'm planning on travelling with you for Saracens and Harlequins - I will give you a call in the coming days to confirm.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Leicester Tigers (v Worcester Warriors, away, Saturday 3pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Seremaia Bai
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Sam Harrison
1 Matias Aguero
2 Greg Bateman
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater (c)
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Tom Croft
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Marcos Ayerza
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Dom Barrow
20 Lachlan McCaffrey
21 Jono Kitto
22 Tommy Bell
23 Matt Smith
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

That bench is some what daunting.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Such luxury is Cockers enjoying..... rotation :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There's some good shuffling of the squad in there. That back line could be quality, and you'd be hard pressed to say that the pack is weak. I'm not a fan of Croft at seven, I think he looked out of place there early in the season. But he'll do a job.

Is O'Connor rested or injured?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

We will have room for two going from and back to Burntwood, leaving about 1130, returning about half an hour to an hour after the match, if anyone is stuck for travel. No :censored: though :smt005
PM me if stuck.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Iain wrote:Is O'Connor rested or injured?
As I recall, before O'Connor arrived, Cockerill said Tigers need to manage his game time as he's gone through a long season of rugby with two consecutive campaigns. I imagine this game was identified as a perfect opportunity to rest him.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:
Iain wrote:Is O'Connor rested or injured?
As I recall, before O'Connor arrived, Cockerill said Tigers need to manage his game time as he's gone through a long season of rugby with two consecutive campaigns. I imagine this game was identified as a perfect opportunity to rest him.
Spot on.

Looking forward to Vereniki doing something special :smt026
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

Worcester team is up:

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Ryan Mills
11 Cooper Vuna
10 Tom Heathcote
9 Jonny Arr
1 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
2 Niall Annett
3 Joe Rees
4 Donncha O'Callaghan
5 Darren Barry
6 Matt Cox
7 Sam Betty
8 Phil Dowson (C)

Replacements
16 Jaba Bregvadze
17 Val Rapava Ruskin
18 Gareth Milasinovich
19 Tevita Cavubati
20 Marco Mama
21 Charlie Mulchrone
22 Ryan Lamb
23 Ben Howard

http://www.warriors.co.uk/rugby/matchcentre/9032.php
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Aguero looks to be a good signing..Is he better than Rizzo or has he just been in better front rows thus far?

Good looking team bet then won't want to see Williams coming back to smash them :smt023
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Aguero looks to be a good signing..Is he better than Rizzo or has he just been in better front rows thus far?

Good looking team bet then won't want to see Williams coming back to smash them :smt023
rizzo is out for the season with a knee injury
cheers
Rich