Matias Aguero signing confirmed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Matias Aguero signing confirmed

Post by rocktop51 »

Now confirmed that we have signed loose-head prop Matias Aguero as cover for injured duo Michele Rizzo and Logovi'i Mulipola according to BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34798800

Apologies if this is mentioned somewhere else !
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Mersey Tiger

Re: Matias Aguero signing confirmed

Post by Mersey Tiger »

My wife is a life-long Manchester City fan so she nearly had a heart attack when she saw the headline "Aguero signs for Leicester" :smt002

Signing looks good in the circumstances
Neil Back is the Greatest!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

So Tigers have made a short term signing of an Italian prop, to cover for an injured Italian prop, who covers for a Samoan prop and an Argentinian prop.

But apparantly club rugby is not to blame for woes at International level, even though the scrum got destroyed in the RWC.

:smt017
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Sajerj wrote:So Tigers have made a short term signing of an Italian prop, to cover for an injured Italian prop, who covers for a Samoan prop and an Argentinian prop.

But apparantly club rugby is not to blame for woes at International level, even though the scrum got destroyed in the RWC.

We are already supplying two thirds of the front row. You want us to provide the other third as well!?
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

You dont ?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Providing they don't ask him to make a complete prat of himself modelling a Rudolf jumper he should do fine :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noggs wrote:Providing they don't ask him to make a complete prat of himself modelling a Rudolf jumper he should do fine :smt003
Are you going to tell him that?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Just to complicate it further he is an Italian Argentinian prop or an Argentinian Italian prop if you prefer (a la Castro)
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Sajerj wrote:So Tigers have made a short term signing of an Italian prop, to cover for an injured Italian prop, who covers for a Samoan prop and an Argentinian prop.

I think it is a bit different in the front row. If we were short a winger or scrum half you could promote one of your English academy boys (like we did against Quins with the young 9). In the front 5 however you can't do this otherwise they would get broken very quickly.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

ourla wrote:

We are already supplying two thirds of the front row. You want us to provide the other third as well!?
That's why I was apprehensive about Balmain's move to loose head - if he's any good we'd lose him too.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

DickyP wrote:
ourla wrote:

That's why I was apprehensive about Balmain's move to loose head - if he's any good we'd lose him too.
Come on, Dicky: everyone knows that, on this forum, you have to replace lose with "loose"!
PS have you moved yet?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Over-conditioning and lightening your pack to play an expansive game which never materialised, dropping your best scrummaging hooker (whether right or wrong decision) and having two more mobile less powerful locks resulted in the England scrum getting minced. It had precisely nothing to do with the state of club rugby in England and the presence or absence of international props in some teams.
Joe The Tigers Fan
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

L Smith wrote:
DickyP wrote:
ourla wrote: ...
Come on, Dicky: everyone knows that, on this forum, you have to replace lose with "loose"!
PS have you moved yet?
Got both into the same sentence and used them correctly - do I get ejected from the forum? And no.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."