Brugnara Cited

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PAW

Brugnara Cited

Post by PAW »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/237 ... kInUXZFDIU

Can anyone play LH?

However, ref saw it, TMO saw it. Ref decided a punishment (as in a number of the other cases mentioned).

Move on.

Maybe our learned friends on the panel could claim their expenses by focusing attentions on important matters; England performance, salary cap violations, not signing any more League 'stars'?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Brugnara Cited

Post by TigerLad »

PAW wrote:http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/237 ... kInUXZFDIU

Can anyone play LH?

However, ref saw it, TMO saw it. Ref decided a punishment (as in a number of the other cases mentioned).

Move on.

Maybe our learned friends on the panel could claim their expenses by focusing attentions on important matters; England performance, salary cap violations, not signing any more League 'stars'?
Mattias Ageuro the Italian loosehead has been pictured wearing training kit and eating with Canacho and Ayerza so you'd imagine he will replace Brugnara and potentially Logo who's out for 4-6 weeks.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

...............and so the cheats and wind up merchants get away with another one.

Shame! :censored: shame! :smt009
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Big Dai wrote:...............and so the cheats and wind up merchants get away with another one.

Yes, why wasn't Yeandle carded for grabbing Brugnara and trying to drag him in? :smt017
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Simple answer is that that sir on Saturday never had the plot, leave alone lost it. Even with the TMO they (the refs) don't understand the frustration caused by petty cheats and major on retaliatory "violence" .

I put "violence" in inverted commas because it was more of a tap than a kick. If Brugnara wanted to really hurt Yendell I'm sure he would have put more into it. It was more of a "Get out of it" than a "Take that!"
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Have to agree on all points, Dai, I knew when it was announced that Garner was ref we were on a hiding to nothing! He has a habit of whistling teams out of contention and then trying to 'put it right', shouldn't be allowed near a premiership game, even Wigglesworth the week before was less inept (please note I didn't say 'better' :smt003 )
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Still .. just damn stupid to ever lift a foot, very lucky not to see red on the day and given what happened to gopporth one has to expect 2 or 3 weeks
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Agreed there. Very lucky.

Mind you there is a difference between flying through the air, looking at your man and aiming a blow to the head and tapping a wind up merchant?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Big Dai wrote:Simple answer is that that sir on Saturday never had the plot, leave alone lost it. Even with the TMO they (the refs) don't understand the frustration caused by petty cheats and major on retaliatory "violence" .

I put "violence" in inverted commas because it was more of a tap than a kick. If Brugnara wanted to really hurt Yendell I'm sure he would have put more into it. It was more of a "Get out of it" than a "Take that!"
Have to say these petty actions really irritate me, together with the players who fly in to hit someone after they have scored a try.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

PAW wrote:http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/237 ... kInUXZFDIU

Can anyone play LH?

Move on.

I totally agree with you but I do have to say that citing seems to have moved on from "if sir saw it all, touch judge saw it all, Vid ref saw it all - all discussed it and sir dealt with it" to lets review anything which could have been a red by the citing preceedure.
Hehehehehehehehe
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Did dylon get cited?
cheers
Rich
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

trendylfj wrote: "if sir saw it all, touch judge saw it all, Vid ref saw it all - all discussed it and sir dealt with it" to lets review anything which could have been a red by the citing preceedure.
Criterion used to be "If Sir had seen it he would have issued a red card"

Then it became "Sir appeared to be undecided and delegated it to citing Officer"

Now it is "Despite Sir, and his assistants, armed with the TMO and Technology, decided it was not red but we the citing officers and discuplinary panel (none of whom are qualified referees whereas Sir, his assistants and the TMO are) know better!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

fentiger wrote:
Big Dai wrote:...............and so the cheats and wind up merchants get away with another one.

Yes, why wasn't Yeandle carded for grabbing Brugnara and trying to drag him in? :smt017
Because that's not, and never has been, a yellow card offence.

Kicking a player is either a red or a yellow almost every time. The ref thought it was yellow because of the provocation, but Brugnara's kick was childish, unnecessary and stupid. There can be no complaints about his being cited for it.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Big Dai wrote:Simple answer is that that sir on Saturday never had the plot, leave alone lost it. Even with the TMO they (the refs) don't understand the frustration caused by petty cheats and major on retaliatory "violence" .

Funny thing is that if Brugnara had shown restraint and not retailiated, then the offence by Yeandle would not have been spotted and the Exeter try would have stood (despite the forward pass in the build-up)

Brugnara saved us 4 points by kicking Yeandle.

Funny how things work out...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Grabbing and holding the player back is a penalty. Not a yellow card. That is what was given against the holding player - the consequence of which was that his team had a try disallowed. He has been punished. The penalty was reversed for Brugnara's stupidity.

Retaliation is rarely if ever excused on the pitch. Brugnara should have been better disciplined and was fortunate not to have been sent off - which Garner was originally going to do.

A completely reasonable citing and he'll probably be banned for a week or so.