Stade Francais

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

doublecarpet

Re: Stade Francais

Post by doublecarpet »

Soggypitch wrote:
Dave J wrote:Got my eurostar tickets and hotel booked, just waiting for Tigers to announce ticket sales date. Also managed to get a ticket for PSG home game that weekend. Never been to Paris in winter, should be fun :smt001
Yes you will have fun, but be prepared for 8 euros a pint (ish) even in the back street bars!

Just got back from Paris myself on Monday and am still trying to cool off my credit card!!!
Le Maziet, €4.30 a pint. Great little bar, always a favourite of mine when in Paris!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Soggypitch wrote:
Dave J wrote:Got my eurostar tickets and hotel booked, just waiting for Tigers to announce ticket sales date. Also managed to get a ticket for PSG home game that weekend. Never been to Paris in winter, should be fun :smt001
Yes you will have fun, but be prepared for 8 euros a pint (ish) even in the back street bars!

Just got back from Paris myself on Monday and am still trying to cool off my credit card!!!
Being on the wagon I wouldn't contradict you on that, but I remember the pint at my local Green Linnet (8, avenue Victoria, 75004 Paris, métro Hôtel de Ville or Châtelet) being much (well, to a degree) cheaper.
Gonna call owner of the premises Eoghan Lucey (from Middleton, Co Cork) and ask him for his prices. Pool table, no food served except crisps. Staff speaks English, except Dave and Bruce who are Americans. :smt002

Phone call done : Kronenbourg is 4.5€ a pint during happy hour, 5 the rest of the night. Carlsberg is 6€ a pint all night, and there's a Scottish IPA and Grimbergen Blonde and Weiss and of course Kilkenny and Guiness. I'll look at other pubs prices soon.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Know what you mean Soggypitch been to Paris several times, just not in winter. As long as the Creperie Joselin is open I'll be happy, And Tigers win of course!
A citizen of hope and glory
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Looking forward to chatting up some nice Parisiennes on Friday using my sixty year knowledge of the French language. Problem is all the young ladies who live in Paris or the Ile de seine speak perfect English, better than mine in most cases.
This post made me cringe very hard.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Iain wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Looking forward to chatting up some nice Parisiennes on Friday using my sixty year knowledge of the French language. Problem is all the young ladies who live in Paris or the Ile de seine speak perfect English, better than mine in most cases.
This post made me cringe very hard.
+1
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Everything he posts makes me cringe!
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

JerryGas wrote:Everything he posts makes me cringe!
Come on lets not all lay into Noddy, everyone needs some light humour every now and again...Most of his posts make me chuckle
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

If anyone needs some heavy, heady, cringeworthy humour I am available this afternoon! :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Nice to read that some of our injured players are back and available. Based on that I would like to see the following team announced later today.
1 Ayerza
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 McCaffrey
5 Williams
6 Croft
7 O'Connor
8 Pearce
9 Harrison
10 Williams
11 Veainu
12 Betham
13 Bai
14 Thompstone
15 Tait

bench
16 Bateman/Thacker
17 Balmain
18 Aguero
19 Slater/Fitzgerald/De Chaves
20 Crane
21 Youngs
22 Bell
23 Goneva
Last edited by trendylfj on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hehehehehehehehe
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

trendylfj wrote:Nice to read that some of our injured players are back and available. Based on that I would like to see the following team announced later today.
1 Ayerza
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 McCaffrey
5 Williams
6 O'Connor
7 Croft
8 Pearce
9 Harrison
10 Williams
11 Veainu
12 Betham
13 Bai
14 Thompstone
15 Tait

bench
16 Bateman/Thacker
17 Balmain
18 Aguero
19 Slater/Fitzgerald/De Chaves
20 Crane
21 Youngs
22 Bell
23 Goneva

McCafferey at 4???? Plus O'Connor is 7 and Croft 6 but I will let you off on that one :smt003

Also Bai is a 12 & Betham a (temp) 13...Aguero will be 17 as he is LH cover but I will let you off there too.. :smt023

I think Crane will start due to experience (and washing Cockers car :smt002)

My team is the same but with Fitzgerald at 4 and the changes mentioned above..I think they will start Youngs though and potentially have Goneva instead of Thomstone for x factor..
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

ty 4 ur forgiveness - hehe
Hehehehehehehehe
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

trendylfj wrote:ty 4 ur forgiveness - hehe
I can forgive the team selection but I can't forgive this. 80% of your five word sentence is made up with words that aren't words.

Oh the humanity.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicester Tigers (v Stade Francais Paris, Welford Road, Friday 7.45pm)
15 Mathew Tait (c)
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Matt Smith
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Dan Cole
4 Mike Williams
5 Mike Fitzgerald
6 Tom Croft
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Leonardo Ghiraldini
17 Matias Aguero
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Dom Barrow
20 Jordan Crane
21 Sam Harrison
22 Seremaia Bai
23 Telusa Veainu
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

New arrival Brendon O'Connor will make his Leicester Tigers debut in the opening game of this season's European Rugby Champions Cup, against Stade Francais Paris at Welford Road on Friday evening (7.45pm). O'Connor started work at Tigers last week after completing his commitments in New Zealand, and is named in the back row for Friday's Pool 4 opener alongside Tom Croft and Lachlan McCaffrey.

Marcos Ayerza makes his first appearance of the season after recovering from an injury suffered on the eve of Argentina's game in the Bronze Medal Final at the Rugby World Cup and he joins fellow internationals Tom Youngs and Dan Cole in the Tigers front row.

Peter Betham and captain Mathew Tait return to the starting team and Ben Youngs starts a game on home turf for the first time since the World Cup.

Leonardo Ghiraldini, who captained Italy at the World Cup, returns from injury and is included among the replacements alongside international team-mate Matias Aguero who has been signed as front-row cover in the absence of Michele Rizzo and Logovi'i Mulipola.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not bad i'll take that.