Stade Francais

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Stade Francais

Post by Bunchy »

darganj wrote:Can someone please explain Matt Smith and Crane over Pearce on the bench?

Severe lack of ball carriers in that back row, can't understand why no Pearce at 8. You need someone to give you go forward vs a physical French side.

Also Matt Smith at 12? He can't distribute and he isn't a gain line buster. Just don't get it.

Really happy with the other 13 players!
Simple - watch Matt Smith vs Quins and he had a superb match in defence and attack and he is our only option given Bai is covering 10 from the bench. Crane - massive experience and go forward when he comes on. Also, lack of ball carriers - have you not watched McCaffrey or BoC?
Less is more....
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

I for one will be offering Dupuy a warm reception on his return. He deserves it if only for THAT try at the Crisp Bowl.
Agreed, I have an autographed picture of that try on my wall, was sorry to see him go.
A citizen of hope and glory
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Iain wrote:I for one will be offering Dupuy a warm reception on his return. He deserves it if only for THAT try at the Crisp Bowl.
The 'pass it god-dammit, pass it, what on earth is he doi- ahh, I see, well played' try? It was somewhat outshone by the shoot-out in the semis but what a moment!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

ourla wrote:Stade team:

15 Hugo Bonneval : a try chaser and classy runner, looking to get back to his best since he busted his crucible ligament against Australia
14 Julien Arias : as they say in French : It's in the old pot you cook the best stew !
13 Paul Williams : scored a good try against Agen. I would have preferred Waisea but he is obviously preserved for further battles, unless we catch the score
12 Herman Meyer Bosman : steady warrior, the club normally prefers Danty, but Meyer has class too, less folly perhaps
11 Jérémy Sinzelle : good runner, a good finish too
10 Morné Steyn : My hero, had a mediocre beginning of the latest season then finished on fire when Plisson had a dislocated shoulder, and made us champions of France. Redoubtable kicker when on form.
9 Julien Dupuy : you know the bloke. Ages gracefully. Always claiming there's something wrong but we love him ! :smt026
1 Zak Taulafo : former insect ! Great loosehead although Heineke Van Der Merwe is better. Family man, kind with the supporters.

2 Laurent Panis : broke his crucible ligament against Wasps. Had a beautiful game until then. Totally deserves to be on the pitch (Bonfils just broke a shoulder, Sempéré preserved ?)

3 Adrien Oleon : Now, Slimani can't do it alone, can he ? And Kubriashvili is injured. Ih Mr Oleon mighty as Ayerza.OOoooooooooh :smt009

4 Paul Gabrillagues : His parents hold a bistrot in Paris so he can't be bad ! :smt003 A very nice kid, and saved us a game against Lyon with a clever jump at the lineout.

5 Pascal Papé : who, me ref ? It was unintentional !!! Believes that his mission on this planet is to help referees enforce the laws of the game. I'd love to teach him "bear necessities" in order to check his Baloo impression.

6 Patrick Sio : I don't have any info on his abilities, said to be good.

7 Sylvain Nicolas : 24 successful tackles against ASM Clermont Ferrand and a great jumper

8 Sergio Parisse (capt) : The MAN ! For the kids surfing this forum, this man can pass the ball in gracious fashion, kick it, drive it ! Thunderous tackles and cheeky jinks ! and beautiful passes in the back ! Surprisingly humble, almost subdued, with supporters.

16 Dany Priso : another kid from the corner of the block, beautiful muscles. Suffered a bit at the beginning of the season at scrumtime, but can run the ball and drive it.

17 Zurabi Zhvania : Hey, Zouzou, Georgian Mafia good, good. Converted from loosehead to hooker at the request of club and country. Ferocious. Can score wingers' tries. Could improve his throw-in. Only player I know that drives his fans from the training session to the métro in his car !

18 Rabah Slimani : Lil' boy from the outskirts has grown up to be one of the finest tightheads in the world, and I mean it ! Even Ayerza or his replacement might have a tough time against him !

19 Alexandre Flanquart : tall, somber, great at the lineout
20 Jonathan Ross : simply great.
21 Julien Tomas : He'll have a tough season if Dupuy and Genia are fit.
22 Waisea Vuidarvuwalu : the Fijian arrow. Great ball in hand and has improved his defence.
23 Josaia Raisuqe : dunno him : plays with the academy, said to be good.

Voilà mes Tigres, all the info I have !
Well, the dogs wants to get out. I'll come back later. Boys this is gonna be great !!! :smt030
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I still think Parisse deserved a rest! :smt018
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

....ohhhhhh, THAT try at the Crisp Bowl indeed.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Genuinely disappointed no Genia, if I'm honest…
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Bunchy wrote:
darganj wrote:Can someone please explain Matt Smith and Crane over Pearce on the bench?

Severe lack of ball carriers in that back row, can't understand why no Pearce at 8. You need someone to give you go forward vs a physical French side.

Also Matt Smith at 12? He can't distribute and he isn't a gain line buster. Just don't get it.

Simple - watch Matt Smith vs Quins and he had a superb match in defence and attack and he is our only option given Bai is covering 10 from the bench. Crane - massive experience and go forward when he comes on. Also, lack of ball carriers - have you not watched McCaffrey or BoC?
Haven't seen enough of BoC to make a comment.

Currently watching the Exeter vs Leicester game, Matt smith has missed 4 tackles in the first 21 mins

McCaffery is a dog not a ball carrier, doesn't win the gain line. Tom youngs and Mike Williams are the only pack members to win gain line in the first few games. Relied on Betham to make busts.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

kornboy130 wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Front row is looking so much better now in terms of starting and bench.

Barrow ahead of De Chaves?

2 7's playing, although both can also play 8.
I thought Barrow castly outplayed Seb against Exeter - looks a real prospect - the next in a line of Eds and Kitchs hopefully.
At risk of sounding like a pedant (which, of course, I am) but for once not trying to be 'holier than thou', but a genuine enquiry what did you mean by castly'? - I assume/hope 'completely' - and if so I agree.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

DickyP wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Front row is looking so much better now in terms of starting and bench.

Barrow ahead of De Chaves?

2 7's playing, although both can also play 8.
I thought Barrow castly outplayed Seb against Exeter - looks a real prospect - the next in a line of Eds and Kitchs hopefully.
At risk of sounding like a pedant (which, of course, I am) but for once not trying to be 'holier than thou', but a genuine enquiry what did you mean by castly'? - I assume/hope 'completely' - and if so I agree.
I assumed "vastly"
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

darganj wrote:
Bunchy wrote:

Haven't seen enough of BoC to make a comment.

Currently watching the Exeter vs Leicester game, Matt smith has missed 4 tackles in the first 21 mins

McCaffery is a dog not a ball carrier, doesn't win the gain line. Tom youngs and Mike Williams are the only pack members to win gain line in the first few games. Relied on Betham to make busts.
Official stats say Smith missed 2 tackles all game and was the teams joint top tackler with 9. In attack he made 29 metres with 6 carries.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/matchce ... WHvI55r.97
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Apologies if this has already been posted but you may experience delays travelling in to the match tomorrow, especially for the early arrivers

Two days ago
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/RMT-a ... story.html

Updated today
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html
Pip
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Where the hell are Slater and Kitch?
I would of liked to see Albers and Genia playing honestly. We finally have a good front row! Will be nice to have an actual 7 agin. McCaffery is going to very important in his head to head vs Parisse. Supprise we dropped Veaniu instead of Goneva who was terrible against Exeter.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

Dave J wrote:
I for one will be offering Dupuy a warm reception on his return. He deserves it if only for THAT try at the Crisp Bowl.
Agreed, I have an autographed picture of that try on my wall, was sorry to see him go.

He walked out halfway through a contract because his girlfriend wanted to go back to France. Tigers took the money from Stade rather than keep a player who didnt want to be there.

Now where have we heard that recently.... :smt017
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

weather forecast looks horrendous with near gale force winds!

I hope our backs have been doing some catching practice this week!

Come on tigers!