2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours Thread Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours Thread Part 2

Post by Iain »

The Boy Dave wrote:Do what you want but be in no doubt, rumours may well have cost a marquee signing this year with Niki rumours etc last year, and next year it may cost another extra marquee.
An agent is possibly earning an entire academy budget or a percentage from one signing that could pay to keep half a dozen young prospects for an extra years development, they will have to go.
There are rules about players under contract, insiders information and so on is the way being used to get around those rules and the dirty work is being done for them.
Personally I think this entire thread should be deleted ASAP.
No offence, but this is probably the daftest, most tin-foil hat clad post I have ever seen on here. And on a forum that is frequented by Noddy that's some going.
Mersey Tiger

Post by Mersey Tiger »

Message to Raging Bull:

Please, please, please keep up the good work! :smt041

Like others have said your "Rumours" thread is the one that I home in on for updates more than any other, and I very much appreciate that (a) you are only keeping everyone up to speed with what is "out there" and (b) it takes time and effort on your part!

I can appreciate the point that is made about agents manipulating rumours to their own ends - who knows if they are not themselves posting on this very thread under some pseudonym!! - but at the end of the day it will be a face-to-face negotiation between them and the club on behalf of their player(s). And I don't think that the club is daft!

So three cheers for Raging Bull!

Does this mean that I get 0.3 of a cheer as my 10%? :smt002
Neil Back is the Greatest!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Mersey Tiger wrote:Message to Raging Bull:

Please, please, please keep up the good work! :smt041
Concur
Still keeping the faith!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

JerryGas wrote:RB - well you have 100% support from me for what it's worth - please keep up the excellent work, thanks for your efforts!
+1 :smt038 :smt023
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

It pains me to say but I 110% agree with every part of Iain's post

Without this thread I wouldn't bother with the forum...........updating it with rumours I see on the internet and reading those from other posters is the only thing that keeps me sane during the arduous office hours..

Literally every time this topic is updated I click on it straightaway..
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Mersey Tiger wrote:Please, please, please keep up the good work!
:smt023
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

RB this is what keeps the forum alive

If it really does incur extra player wages my championship manager winning medals must be real too
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

At first I thought that TBD was just having a tongue in cheek wind up, but his later posts suggest otherwise. Actually, I reckon that RB and TBD are the same person and the TBD posts are to get RB some sympathy :smt002 :smt003

Keep up the good work RB :smt023
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

The Boy Dave wrote:
Will have a big update when I get on the PC.
Your updates are the cause of so much fuss year on year it's getting boring.
No other club suffers the same rumour mongering every Nov/Dec/Jan.
It's just as bad on the facepalm thing on social media, probably the same sodding people playing straight into the hands of greedy agents and opposition trouble makers.
Reporters don't have a real job as it is and need to do even less work with all the info on here, can't you find something else for your fingers to do!
TBD: you are Simon Cohen and I claim my £5... :smt006
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Thread updated:
The Boy Dave wrote:Do what you want but be in no doubt, rumours may well have cost a marquee signing this year with Niki rumours etc last year, and next year it may cost another extra marquee.
An agent is possibly earning an entire academy budget or a percentage from one signing that could pay to keep half a dozen young prospects for an extra years development, they will have to go.
There are rules about players under contract, insiders information and so on is the way being used to get around those rules and the dirty work is being done for them.
You mean the Niki rumours where he actually HAD signed with another club and Leicester had to offer large amounts to turn his back on said Contract? Yes because that was the rumours fault not the fact he cost so much had actually signed for another club.

BUT yes I am the Ari Gold of Rugby players agency (I hope someone gets that reference. And this thread has is aimed at bankrupting Leicester tigers so my actual favourite team Saints will become the dominate force in the Midlands.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

RagingBull wrote:Thread updated:
You mean the Niki rumours where he actually HAD signed with another club and Leicester had to offer large amounts to turn his back on said Contract? Yes because that was the rumours fault not the fact he cost so much had actually signed for another club.

BUT yes I am the Ari Gold of Rugby players agency (I hope someone gets that reference. And this thread has is aimed at bankrupting Leicester tigers so my actual favourite team Saints will become the dominate force in the Midlands.
RB you know Entourage :smt003 ..Wow I am impressed :smt023
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

RagingBull wrote:

And here was me thinkings you were a Sarries supporter!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Louis

Post by Louis »

I for one find these mendacious, scurrilous and wholly untrue rumours and speculation outrageous, disgusting and libellous. I did not, at any time, have sex with that woma...

...oh the rugby stuff RagingBull posts? What's wrong with that? Blooming brilliant if you ask me. The man deserves a medal.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

RagingBull wrote:Thread updated:

I've suspected that all along....
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Faletau to Bath confirmed for next season.

Wild allegations about the salary cap overlooking that he's most likely the marquee signing in 5...4....3....2...