Just when you thought England players couldnt do worse . . .

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Just when you thought England players couldnt do worse . . .

Post by fleabane »

They follow the kit mans investment tips!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-uni ... ps-6791341

Just how unintelligent do you have to be to get selected by Lancaster?
Valhalla I am coming!
grobyman

Re: Just when you thought England players couldnt do worse .

Post by grobyman »

You really couldn't make this up!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Well, it tells us something we already guessed - some of the Clot's squad couldn't smell It fresh and an inch away.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Extraordinary that these idiots hadn't noticed that the oil industry is in turmoil right now!

No one's drilling anything at the moment so can only assume the kit-man had a side bet on these shares falling in which case he's given his 'mates' a double whammy.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

I fail to see what this has to do with Lancaster? From what I can see they article does not mention players either, so for all we know this could include Tigers players as well. Does that mean Cockers is an idiot for picking them too?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Would love to know which players were involved.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

MCC 1964, even a newcomer to the forum should be able to recognise a cheap shot! :smt003
Valhalla I am coming!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Spicer wrote:Would love to know which players were involved.
A link provided on the unofficial forum to The Sun (ergh, it made my skin crawl just clicking the link) suggests Burgess was the biggest investor, with David Wilson and Danny Care also involved. Cipriani considered it but backed out after seeking independent financial advice and Tom Wood lambasted the kit man for mentioning it when they had more important things to think about. Others involved but not named.

None of this is verified but they're the names that have been mentioned in one incarnation of the story.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

MCC1964 wrote:I fail to see what this has to do with Lancaster? From what I can see they article does not mention players either, so for all we know this could include Tigers players as well. Does that mean Cockers is an idiot for picking them too?
MCC1964 wrote:
It has a lot to do with Lancaster because he has built his reputation on the "culture" of his team, how awful the 2011 squad was and how he has "reconnected" the team with the public. When it then turns out that your squad aren't as perfect as you've been saying, of course it is hilarious to laugh at the irony of it all.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Easy to blame Slancaster for a lot of things but fail to see any connection at all between him and some daft players investing in some dodgy oil stocks !!
Nice to Cips got some 'independent financial advise' before ponying up his dosh. Clearly the lad has brains........
Pity about Burgess though.......did he have go back to Aus in economy as a result??
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

No he's gone on a very slow boat, they used to ship them out years ago. :smt005
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My post censored again!Reference to male cattle excretions removed.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:My post censored again!Reference to male cattle excretions removed.
I noticed that JG!

Putting your sentiments in a more politically acceptable form it could be that The Clot has trained the England players to not recognise spin (whatever you call it) but accept it and invest in it! That would align with his own and squeaky's values.

Both of them talk a good story. Neither deliver. I am too old to wait until 2019 to be proved right.

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

TigerLad wrote: It has a lot to do with Lancaster because he has built his reputation on the "culture" of his team, how awful the 2011 squad was and how he has "reconnected" the team with the public. When it then turns out that your squad aren't as perfect as you've been saying, of course it is hilarious to laugh at the irony of it all.
Where/when has Lancaster stated that he expected his team to be perfect? Have to say I missed that. This is hardly persons-of-diminished-stature tossing, or persons into [insert name of relevant body of water] tossing is it? Haven't you been to a day at the Nags with your mates and had 'a tip' only to watch it crawl over the line several hours after every other horse?

I'd certainly be interested to know what you think is and is not acceptable for a bunch of lads to get up to who are together for several months that does not offend your sensitivities.

No, what this is all about (and I'm referring here to the original article and certain subsequent posts rather than fleabane's original post) and what I do find offensive......strike that.....what I do find very boring now is that it's yet another attempt to stick the boot where so many boots have already gone. What's next ? Shock, horror, it is reported that one of the England players belched at a team meal?! Please, enough! Gimme a break!

Oh and whilst I'm having mini rant, I also find it strange that it is not deemed acceptable to level personal and puerile insults at other forum members, yet is seems entirely acceptable to do so at parties who don't have a presence on the forum.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

MCC1964 wrote:

Oh and whilst I'm having mini rant, I also find it strange that it is not deemed acceptable to level personal and puerile insults at other forum members, yet is seems entirely acceptable to do so at parties who don't have a presence on the forum.
My understanding is that on this forum, whilst you may not attack or insult other posters, the following are "fair game":

1. Cockers;
2. All referees;
3 The coaches of other clubs;
4. All RFU officials and employees;
5. The Caterers;
6. The Board of Directors;
7. All Journalist;
8. The Owners of other Clubs;
9. The Welsh;
10. The Irish;
11. The Australians;
12. The Scots;