AGM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

AGM

Post by Bill W (2) »

1. The Board are aware of the disquiet amongst shareholders on the Salary Cap. It is the 10 Clubs who have made statements who are out of order. The Club do not agree with the PRL position but accept it.

2. The Board are aware of the dissatisfactiobn of the shareholders with the catering arrangements, These are reflected in the match day income from such.

3. The Board are aware of the dissatisfaction of shareholders with match scheduling. This is largely dependant on TV priorities where Tigers command a greater following than other clubs. This is not reflected in our income from TV sources.

4. The Board believe that they have the ability to block any "high rise" deveopment on the Granby Halls site. They have submitted their own proposals.

5, The development of the Crumbie will involve widenning the pitch and a multi-storey car park.
Still keeping the faith!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: AGM

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Any indication or timescale on point 5? I presume it may depend on who acquires the Granby Halls site.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Any indication or timescale on point 5? I presume it may depend on who acquires the Granby Halls site.
And funds!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Although crumble development isn't a priority.

Desso pitch also mentioned.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

grobyman wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:Any indication or timescale on point 5? I presume it may depend on who acquires the Granby Halls site.
And funds!
I was guessing the two are linked - if (IF!) the club was to acquire the site, then I presume funds elsewhere would be reduced! :smt001
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am mrerely an innocent reporter of events! My crystal ball is no better than yours!

Unless Tigers can significantly improve the match day experience (a David Clayton phrase) there will be no need for a new Crumbie or a new car park, IMHO.
Still keeping the faith!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Although Hotel would be nice.

Maybe get Lenny Henry in to advertise it ;)
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Bill W (2) wrote:I am mrerely an innocent reporter of events! My crystal ball is no better than yours!
And thanks for reporting Bill!
Unless Tigers can significantly improve the match day experience (a David Clayton phrase) there will be no need for a new Crumbie or a new car park, IMHO.
I'll take a new car park. I like the Crumbie as it is!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hot_Charlie wrote:. I like the Crumbie as it is!
Me too! Although my legs do not manage the steps well! Happily my friend Clive helps me up them!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timbo15 »

I hope when they redevelop the Crumbie they keep the terrace where it is and built the stand over the top of it.

A new terrace would need to meet health and safety criteria and be separated into sections like at Saints.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Timbo15 wrote:I hope when they redevelop the Crumbie they keep the terrace where it is and built the stand over the top of it.

A new terrace would need to meet health and safety criteria and be separated into sections like at Saints.
My uderstanding is that the new terrace will move back (to allow widenning of the pitch) and that the stand will go over the top of it (and also move back).

Have no info on separation into sections.
Still keeping the faith!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
I'll take a new car park. I like the Crumbie as it is!
Agree on the Crumbie stand. The car park is a must though. A multi-story car park behind the Crumbie would be an excellent source of revenue for the club with it positioned across the road from the hospital. Help us keep up with the other developments and enlarged salary cap that's coming in.
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

Point 4 can also be limited by the prison.

If the Tigers build a multi storey and charge less then the one at the hospital, then it should be full most days.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Did they indicate that they may do something about the catering? The hospitality food is generally considered to be good but the offers both inside and outside the ground are of poor quality and generally overpriced.

On the car park issue I believe it is intended to be reserved for hospitality use on match days.

As previously said, there is a height restriction for any development on the GH site due to the proximity of the prison.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noggs wrote:Did they indicate that they may do something about the catering? The hospitality food is generally considered to be good but the offers both inside and outside the ground are of poor quality and generally overpriced.

On the car park issue I believe it is intended to be reserved for hospitality use on match days.

As previously said, there is a height restriction for any development on the GH site due to the proximity of the prison.
Words are cheap. Actions speak louder than them.

In defence of the burger bar outside Crumbie WR end I find their products reasonable quality and value (particularly compared to those inside the ground(.

In defence of car parking policy, I have a "Tigers" reserved car parking spot and have had for many years - and I am neither "corporate" or "hospitality".
Still keeping the faith!