Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Wasps on Sunday

Post by ourla »

Team news from the Merc:
Fly-half Tommy Bell will be an injury doubt for the visit of Wasps on Sunday after he was clattered into an advertising board by Marland Yarde and cut his leg.

No.8 Opeti Fonua could return, though, after missing the Quins game with a bruised back.

Fellow No.8 Jordan Crane is in line for a return to action after recovering from the injury that has kept him out of pre-season, and winger Gonzalo Camacho is also likely to be in contention for selection.

Youngs (ankle) and Graham Kitchener (ribs) remain short-term doubts for the visit of a Wasps side that beat Bath at the weekend.
Selection is going to be interesting for this one. All sorts to ponder.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps on Sunday

Post by sapajo »

Only the third game of the new season and the injury deja vu strikes yet again :smt013 I worry that we have not learned that our policy of signing injured players is a luxury we cannot afford. I believe we can give Wasps a run for their money but only with a full strength side and that at this juncture remains indeterminate.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote:Only the third game of the new season and the injury deja vu strikes yet again :smt013 I worry that we have not learned that our policy of signing injured players is a luxury we cannot afford. I believe we can give Wasps a run for their money but only with a full strength side and that at this juncture remains indeterminate.
How does that relate to the previous post? :smt017 None of those mentioned was signed injured this season and only one was actually signed when injured. :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote:
sapajo wrote:Only the third game of the new season and the injury deja vu strikes yet again :smt013 I worry that we have not learned that our policy of signing injured players is a luxury we cannot afford. I believe we can give Wasps a run for their money but only with a full strength side and that at this juncture remains indeterminate.
How does that relate to the previous post? :smt017 None of those mentioned was signed injured this season and only one was actually signed when injured. :smt017
The relationship to the previous post is injuries, the fact remains that Barrow was signed injured,Camacho was re-signed injured and De Villiers is about to be signed injured.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Will be a very interesting game to see where we sit against a team with a lot of talent..If you look at their team last week we don't win many match ups man to man I think this would have to be a massive effort against almost their 1st XV

1:Mulipola v Mullan
2:Youngs v Festuccia
3:Cole v Cooper Wooley
4:Fitzgerald v Launchbury
5:Williams v Gaskell
6:Croft v Haskell
7:McCaffrey v Smith
8:Pearce v Hughes
9:Harrison v Simpson
10:Williams v Gopperth
11:Goneva v Halai
12:Bai v Jacobs
13:Betham v Daly
14:Thompstone v Wade
15:Tait v Miller
Bench: 16:Ghiraldihni back? or Thacker v Johnson 17:Brugnara v McIntre
18: Balmain v Cittadini 19: De Chaves v Myall 20: Fonua v Jones 21: Kitto or White v Robson 22:Umaga? v Jackson 23:Smith/Camacho v Tagicakibau

Could be a long afternoon come sunday but very interesting to see how we front up.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

So maybe we will have:

Logo (??), Youngs, Cole, Fitzgerald, De Chaves (Kitchener), Williams, Croft, Pearce

Harrison (Youngs), Williams(Bell), Goneva, Bai, Betham, Thompstone, Tait

Thacker, Balmain, McCaffrey, Crane, Founua, White, Smith, Camacho

????
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wasps on Sunday Referee & Officials !!

Post by wormus »

Referee is Tim Wigglesworth.
Assistant Referees Ross Campbell & Simon Harding.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I hope Cockers is bold with his selection if Bell is out. He may have no choice but to bring in Umaga if Bai is also ruled out. With no LV Cup we may have to see some brave calls in the AP.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

IF worse case scenario happens and those injured v Quins are out and no one is fit coming in.

Would go with:
1) Mulipola
2) Youngs
3) Cole
4) Fitzgerald
5) De Chaves
6) Croft
7) McCaffrey
8) Pearce
9) Harrison
10) Williams
11) Thompstone
12) Catchpole/Roberts
13) Betham
14) Goneva
15) Tait

16) Thacker/Bateman
17) Djustice/Balmain
18) Balmain/Tiz
19) Williams/Mysmiv (or how you are meant to spell it)
20) Loamanu/Milne (if we can get him from loan)/Williams
21) Kitto (maybe White)
22) Umaga (was traveling reserve on weekend)/Bryant (got injured I think weekend for Donnie)
23) Smith/Veianu/Catchpole
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
The relationship to the previous post is injuries, the fact remains that Barrow was signed injured,Camacho was re-signed injured and De Villiers is about to be signed injured.
Camacho was re-signed because he was fit but not match-fit for 80, De Villiers was uninjured when first approached and is likely to have fully recovered if his jaw takes the 6-8 weeks predicted. Barrow was signed injured and is not counted in any immediate plans according to Cockers.
Signed when fit:
Kitto, Fitzgerald, Williams, Betham, O'Connor - all the Academy plus the majority of those who re-signed this summer.
Injured in or around WC - YBY, possibly Logo.
So one, possibly two, players fit the description out of 48.
QED - nowhere near.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Is Bredon O'coner not here yet as I thought he was due to be here on Tuesday?
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

chappie wrote:Is Bredon O'coner not here yet as I thought he was due to be here on Tuesday?
He wouldn't be playing on Sunday even if he was here.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

chappie wrote:Is Bredon O'coner not here yet as I thought he was due to be here on Tuesday?
Believe so.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

RagingBull wrote:
Believe so.
He will need to get akin to our play, our set piece and our calls, just like Tom Youngs last match stated that he has not been around and he has to get to grips with all the new plays.
In saying that.....Brendan, hurry up !
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

RagingBull wrote:
Believe so.
He will need to get akin to our play, our set piece and our calls, just like Tom Youngs last match stated that he has not been around and he has to get to grips with all the new plays.
In saying that.....Brendan, hurry up !