Lichfield Ladies game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Lichfield Ladies game

Post by jgriffin »

Stayed for a half and enjoyed a committed attacking display from both sides. What really impressed me was Lichfield Ladies handling, support and continuity - they should give offloading lessons to Tigers! :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Lichfield Ladies game

Post by Cagey Tiger »

jgriffin wrote:Stayed for a half and enjoyed a committed attacking display from both sides. What really impressed me was Lichfield Ladies handling, support and continuity - they should give offloading lessons to Tigers! :smt023
+1

Stayed for the first half myself. Breakdowns were not as fiercely contested as in the men's game, but the offloading and running by both teams was superb. Can we get the Lichfield No 8 to give Crane lessons in how to run at pace AND break tackles? She was brilliant.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

jgriffin wrote:Stayed for a half and enjoyed a committed attacking display from both sides. What really impressed me was Lichfield Ladies handling, support and continuity - they should give offloading lessons to Tigers! :smt023
+2 and their #8 has a fantastic engine, starting and finishing a couple of moves.
cheers
Rich
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

I saw Lichfield Ladies v Saracens Ladies a few seasons back - the pace and accuracy of handling was a joy to watch and made the men's game at every level look sluggish.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Maybe next time a ladies match before the Tigers match, rather than after. There would be more people watching, and with Tigers shorter, more focuses warmup, it wouldn't have to start too early. More people in the ground at an earlier time might also add to the bar takings!
Valhalla I am coming!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

fleabane wrote:Maybe next time a ladies match before the Tigers match, rather than after. There would be more people watching, and with Tigers shorter, more focuses warmup, it wouldn't have to start too early. More people in the ground at an earlier time might also add to the bar takings!
Agreed. A 1200 kick off before a 1500 main kick off would be logical.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Never going to happen as they would not want any disruption pre match due to lack of changing room space in the crumbie.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chipnchase wrote:
Never going to happen as they would not want any disruption pre match due to lack of changing room space in the crumbie.
Not too difficult to overcome if the will was there.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I doubt the will would be there from most of those that queue outside the turnstiles from over two hours before the Tigers game starts. It would mean opening the turn stiles on the crumbie about 4 hours before kick off.

After the mens game is best, then those who want to can show their support by staying and watching can do so for as much of the game as they want.