RWC tickets x 2 - Australia v Argentina

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

RWC tickets x 2 - Australia v Argentina

Post by RWA »

Have 2 tickets for this game at Twickenham on Sunday 4pm - £515 per ticket Cat A
Please private message if interested
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC tickets x 2 - Australia v Argentina

Post by ellis9 »

£515 per ticket! Where the hell is the seat?! I'd want to be picked up from home in a luxurious car, driven to Twickenham, given a free shirt, have the best seat in the stadium, get a three course meal included, meet the players afterwards and then driven back home!

Are tickets really that ridiculously over priced?! Absolute daylight robbery!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A reminder that tickets should not be sold over the face value

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

ellis9 wrote:£515 per ticket! Where the hell is the seat?! I'd want to be picked up from home in a luxurious car, driven to Twickenham, given a free shirt, have the best seat in the stadium, get a three course meal included, meet the players afterwards and then driven back home!

Are tickets really that ridiculously over priced?! Absolute daylight robbery!
Apparantly. People are prepared to pay such prices without the "extras" you would expect.

Welcome to a free market economy!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

£515 is the face value of Cat A tickets. Crazy eh? Still, if I were a rich man I'd probably be happy enough to pay it. But, I'm not so I won't. Hopefully it will be a good game and hopefully the match and atmosphere will be worthy of the price.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Cat A tickets are going for £200 on viagogo.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I would also point out that Cat D tickets are still on sale at £125 each on the official site. And you can select them to put in your basket too - I checked but thought better of it!!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I've never looked on viagogo before, but you're right! £200 for a Cat A ticket. Ouch! That's a bit of a come down.

I must confess, I was one of those that bought tickets for a few games over 18 months ago for fear that they would be difficult to get a hold of. I guess with England and the other home nations not making the semis it means there are quite a few people with tickets to sell now. I've got cheaper tickets for a semi, and I am pleased to be going, but it looks like there are plenty still available and at good prices for Aus and Arg fans. Would have been different if England, Wales or Ireland had been there I guess.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I have two tickets CAT D at £125 in bloack U10 for Aus v Arg that I bought for myself and an Irish friend...going to put them back on official resale tonight but you have yo wait 10 working days to get your money back so if anyone wants them let me know :smt023
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Well, many thanks for your kind words everyone, I don't think I'll be using this site to try and sell tickets in future, given the mention of cheaper tickets elsewhere and the helpfulness of them costing a fortune. Of note, £515 is face value per ticket.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

RWA wrote:Well, many thanks for your kind words everyone, I don't think I'll be using this site to try and sell tickets in future, given the mention of cheaper tickets elsewhere and the helpfulness of them costing a fortune. Of note, £515 is face value per ticket.
Errr you're surprised by discussion on your opening post on a forum???

If you still have ticket on saturday I'll give you £50 for the pair if that is more help?
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

watsonjm wrote:
RWA wrote:Well, many thanks for your kind words everyone, I don't think I'll be using this site to try and sell tickets in future, given the mention of cheaper tickets elsewhere and the helpfulness of them costing a fortune. Of note, £515 is face value per ticket.

If you still have ticket on saturday I'll give you £50 for the pair if that is more help?
:smt005
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

watsonjm wrote:

Why even £50? I don't reckon it's physically possible to get to Twickenham for kick off unless you leave Welford Road well before the end of the Quins game and you wouldn't want to do that would you?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RWA, do you sell tickets on here often then?
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Thanks again for your help