I am worried

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am worried

Post by Doghashadhisday »

One game gone and the defender of the happy clappers is nowhere to be seen. Does anybody know where Tigerburnie is and whether he is OK.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: I am worried

Post by Bill W (2) »

Now look, we can do without happy clappers on here. Do you not realise that already we are only one place off missing out on the play offs? :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

First game of the season, 5 new players starting along with some youngsters against a London Irish team with a new coaching setup. We have gone away and come back with 4 points, unlike Northampton, Exeter and Wasps.

Is that good enough for you?!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

ellis9 wrote:First game of the season, 5 new players starting along with some youngsters against a London Irish team with a new coaching setup. We have gone away and come back with 4 points, unlike Northampton, Exeter and Wasps.

No sorry Ellis9 its not good enough. I made the mistake of listening to radio Leicester and Johnson and Blithering's moaning has totally depressed me. Has Steve Johnson ever said anything nice?
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

About a year ago , we lost 19-22 at WR to the Irish which prompted outbursts on here that put the England/SLancaster debate in the shade, including some of my own.
Happy & clapping
Thank you
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Doghashadhisday wrote:One game gone and the defender of the happy clappers is nowhere to be seen. Does anybody know where Tigerburnie is and whether he is OK.
Tigerburnie has not been on the forum since August. I hope all is well with him.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

AFAIK he is OK - why not PM him? Also I would not describe him as a Happy Clapper. We shared some observations in the preseason at Melrose last year, and our questions over our defence and back play came true....and they were Naysaying at best!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerburnie posts on the unoffy and has been doing so recently.

Maybe he just got fed up of the backbiting and constant negative sniping (different to naysaying or constructive criticism) from some on here (Cuckoos in the nest perhaps?) that only pop up when the chips are seemingly down to run the club, players, coaches down further - usually with an "I told you so" attitude.

Maybe he's just biding his time and when we win the league and playoff will pop up to say "Told you so" :smt003

Well done Tigers a decent, in the circumstances, win away on the road against a team that has been a banana skin in the past. Good job from all - but still work to do :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
ellis9 wrote:First game of the season, 5 new players starting along with some youngsters against a London Irish team with a new coaching setup. We have gone away and come back with 4 points, unlike Northampton, Exeter and Wasps.

No sorry Ellis9 its not good enough. I made the mistake of listening to radio Leicester and Johnson and Blithering's moaning has totally depressed me. Has Steve Johnson ever said anything nice?
First time I've listened to match coverage on RL for a long time. Steve Johnson makes the doom mongers on here seem like happy clappers and it's not just what he says. He couldn't sound more down if he was announcing the end of the world in 3 minutes time. :smt019
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

As I don't listen to RL that often (Bleddyn is just too much) has Johnson only recently been like this? If so, I think we all know why.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I find Steve and Bleddyn's commentary very constructive!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Bill W (2) wrote:I find Steve and Bleddyn's commentary very constructive!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026

I'll have no bad word said against Bleddyn. Yes, it's impossible to follow his commentary, yes he can't pronounce most names, yes he gets confused. But he's Bleddyn Jones. So leave him alone. :smt013

Johnson has always been a miserable eeyore who picks at the faults. In this day and age of streams being available for most games I thankfully have very little reason to listen to them beyond the highlights clips on the podcast.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I always thought that happy clappers referred to participants in Religious services or people who applaud themselves. If there's one thing I can't stand its people who applaud themselves, have they never heard that humility in its proper sense is one of humans finest contributions to culture. Anyway to state that its far too early in the season to pass serious comment. That's stating the obvious.