Tigers need to up the season ticket game...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tigers need to up the season ticket game...

Post by speedski »

Someone's just posted up the Wasps season ticket kit with lanyards etc on their Facebook. Thought I would give it a look...

Makes ours look pretty poor value in comparison now - for those non team specific supporters it's way better over at wasps now :o

http://www.wasps.co.uk/docs/default-sou ... f?sfvrsn=2

:smt018
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers need to up the season ticket game...

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Rugby sluts easily bought with a lanyard. As if you are going to walk around all week with your season ticket round your neck. All these extra's cannot compensate for supporting the best club in the country - Leicester Tigers!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Doghashadhisday wrote:Rugby sluts easily bought with a lanyard. As if you are going to walk around all week with your season ticket round your neck. All these extra's cannot compensate for supporting the best club in the country - Leicester Tigers!
Not to mention the cheaper seats, free drinks, subsidised parking, subsidised programs, season long lounge access, season long cheap transport, season long cheap lounge access etc etc.

Wasps should be good for tigers, hopefully it makes the club realise resting on your laurels won't work with fans anymore...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Perhaps Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club Plc is being run as a proper business unlike Wasps. Wasps have to offer those sort of things to buy their supporters/customers. Tigers are such a successful club/business so therefore do not need to offer these gimmicks.

If you want a lanyard for your season ticket, you know where the Ricoh Arena is :smt023
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

speedski wrote:for those non team specific supporters it's way better over at wasps now :o
:smt018
Really. Oh dear.

The validity of Facebook eh.....

Here you go.....

http://store.leicestertigers.com/stores ... ard/150607

10% off if you're a STH. Which makes it about 21.12p a game give or take, perfectly acceptable IMO.

I park locally at the roadside for free, no need for subsidy.
ellis9 wrote: If you want a lanyard for your season ticket, you know where the Ricoh Arena is :smt023

+1

Anything for a moan eh.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Speed ski, I think you are confusing fans with casual observers. If you are a fan of Tigers, you will not be seduced by the "extras". If you are new to rugby and think a season ticket is worthwhile, but you have no particular attachment to a club, the extras might do it for you. Wasps are a good club (spit!), and have many good ideas on how to build a following in a new city, but I doubt that Tigers supporters would leave WR for a bit of string and some free parking.

However, it will be interesting to see if Tigers add to their offering, something which may be linked to new sponsorship. So far, the opinion of the Supporters Forum has been that money is better spent on the squad and facilities.
Valhalla I am coming!
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

My season ticket lives in my wallet. I take it out when I approach the turnstiles at Welford Road and it's back in my wallet before I've taken a dozen steps inside the ground.

Why would I need something to hang round my neck that might possibly get caught on something?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fleabane wrote:So far, the opinion of the Supporters Forum has been that money is better spent on the squad and facilities.
Do Wasps necessarily have to 'choose' between the two? :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

Apparently you'll be able to store the new Tigers' season ticket on your mobile phone so won't need a lanyard (or card)!
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

well the cost of our STs has to go towards the trophy polish we get through so much of, Wasps dont need such a big order of that, so their overheads are lower :smt002
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don't get this thread.

You would only a season ticket if you support the club, who would support a club just to get a lanyards etc.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

RagingBull wrote:I don't get this thread.

You would only a season ticket if you support the club, who would support a club just to get a lanyards etc.
There's nowt as queer as folks!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Benefits

Option to spread the cost of your Season
Ticket across 4 or 10 months
I currently pay my tigers ticket over 12 monthes
• Best value guarantee, ensuring that nobody
will pay less than you for the same seat on a
match-by-match basis

WOW

• The same seat for every Wasps home game
at the Ricoh Arena
Now thats market leading, if only every rugby / football team had the same thought,Oh hang on :smt043 :smt043
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I personally applaud Wasps for creating a real buzz over rugby (see what I did there :smt006 ), just think that behind this all is a very large banana skin of a growing business that short term operators will borrow big to take over. The East Midlands AP clubs can only benefit from the recent marketing and subsequent rivalries.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Simples. They need bums on seats for their plan to work. Obviously they are trying the best they can to keep their original supporter base, and lure new fans in from the new location. They could be lucky and end up with 10,000+ season ticket holders in a few years. Or they could be London Irish where you just sit where you want...