Lancaster Countdown - has he gone yet?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Lancaster Countdown - has he gone yet?

Post by G.K »

Let's just remind ourselves what Ritchie said.

http://tinyurl.com/ne9bgp7

As for RAndrew and his 'squeaky' defence - what idiots would put together a team to peak between world cups (apart from NZ)?

The manner in which they are spinning and fudging to hold on to their positions is, quite frankly, dishonourable and despicable.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Lancaster has gone.

For a beer and butty with the Queen. :smt018 :smt018
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Ooooooooh Jonlin! You know how to tease a girl! I was all a flutter for a moment there!
GwrxTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by GwrxTiger »

I don't think Lancaster will go, not while Andrew and Ritchie remain, unless he starts to find it personally too uncomfortable, not least because his only chance now to save something of his career is to try and continue and turn things round, otherwise he'll forever be remembered as the coach who couldn't get England out of the pool stage with home advantage. My main concern with his leadership is how he didn't see this coming, as absolutely no-one I have spoken to or heard from in the run up to the world cup really believed they were champions in waiting, we all hoped and supported the team, but I don't think anyone really believed it, except the England coaches it seems, did they fail to see it or did they just not know what to do?
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

GwrxTiger wrote:My main concern with his leadership is how he didn't see this coming, as absolutely no-one I have spoken to or heard from in the run up to the world cup really believed they were champions in waiting, we all hoped and supported the team, but I don't think anyone really believed it, except the England coaches it seems, did they fail to see it or did they just not know what to do?
I think the problem is that they didn't know what they were looking at :smt022
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

You can almost hear the justification coming in mid Nov... One bad match against Wales doesn't mean everything is wrong... We were always building to 2019..We have a young side that is learning...
. We went out to the finalists / winners (Australia). Lancaster is good.. Just need to freshen up his coaching team.. But not too much. Only Wiggy to go. Need stability for 6N so Chris stays in role for now... But maybe rest him for Australia tour... Give someone else a go then as captain.

B**l**it of course but....

Anyone taking bets on the above.... Surprised if I would get better than 10 to 1 on.
nasher

Post by nasher »

Lancaster and Farrell are not going, Wig and Catt are. Ritchie and his PR team are just working the media, two to three weeks from now the London press will full of praise for SL and Farrell and blame failure on the poor scrum ( except Robshaw who will be captain till Farrell junior takes over). several of my friends said that England would not qualify from the group as long as SL and/or Farrell were in charge. I wish I had money on lt.

RFU is only interested in cash not the game paying compo to sack an insider is just not on!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

LE18 wrote:Where's the bloke running this book gone to?
Quickly adopting Islam to avoid running a book :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

jgriffin wrote:
LE18 wrote:Where's the bloke running this book gone to?
Quickly adopting Islam to avoid running a book :smt004
:smt028 :smt030 :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

GwrxTiger wrote:.....did they fail to see it or did they just not know what to do?
Both!!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

I heard the England squad didn't see the Wales v Australia game on the telly. They thought it was on BBC at first but realised it was on ITV. The skipper got up to change the channel but couldn't turnover.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

biffer wrote:I heard the England squad didn't see the Wales v Australia game on the telly. They thought it was on BBC at first but realised it was on ITV. The skipper got up to change the channel but couldn't turnover.
You missed the bit where they had a meeting to decide which channel they should change the TV to.
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

Also, the England team is to lose all its Lottery funding as it is being diverted to the GB swimming team for the Rio Olympics.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

According to the DM Ritchie is having problems choosing the investigative panel to determine England's demise. Lo and behold, both Ritchie and Andrew are likely to be members of it. So much for it being 'independent'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -exit.html
Give blood, play rugby!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RFU ask the corporations to devise ways of closing tax loopholes, the food industry to revise food standards. So why not have the perpetrators of this embarrassing national farce sit in judgement over themselves?
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. :smt013

Edit: censored post makes little sense now, try substituting something from whitehall instead of the RFU. And :censored: is political about stating a fact from the FT, Telegraph and other papers? :smt013
Last edited by jgriffin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.