Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quins 25th Oct

Post by Rykard »

Hi,
how do you guys get into the city on sundays? We usually use the Park n Ride (enderby or meynells gorse) but obviously this isn't available.

cheers
Rich
cheers
Rich
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins 25th Oct

Post by Iain »

Normally I get the train in from Market Harborough, though I suspect that doesn't help you much!

On the rare occasions I drive I tend to park either on Victoria Park Road or one of the surrounding roads around Clarendon Park for free, or if I am going into town I'll park in the NCP on Newarke Street which is pretty darn cheap on a Sunday and also as close as you could reasonably expect to the ground.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I drive most times and do the same as Iain.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

cool, looks like Newarke Street it is then.
cheers
Rich
Cidercam1

Post by Cidercam1 »

The Welford Road car park(Magazine) Multi storey was a £1 for all day on a Sunday earlier this year. Bargain
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

we'll have to have a wander down and see what the charges are. Love this 'public transport' lark in Leicester...
cheers
Rich
GwrxTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by GwrxTiger »

Just a suggestion but there's always the Matchday bus services, running from Market Harborough, Oakham, Nuneaton, Market Bosworth and Melton Mowbray (with stops on the way at a bunch of other places, usually right outside Public Houses, very convenient) if there's not a stop near you it would work as a park and ride. For example I get on in Hinckley and there's a couple of car parks just over the road, plus the bus goes straight to Welford Road and back.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

GwrxTiger wrote:Just a suggestion but there's always the Matchday bus services, running from Market Harborough, Oakham, Nuneaton, Market Bosworth and Melton Mowbray (with stops on the way at a bunch of other places, usually right outside Public Houses, very convenient) if there's not a stop near you it would work as a park and ride. For example I get on in Hinckley and there's a couple of car parks just over the road, plus the bus goes straight to Welford Road and back.
Yes, they serve a purpose although I tend not to use it as I personally prefer not to just go straight to the game and straight home. As I live in Harborough the train is more convenient, but for someone out in the sticks in between it's a good service.