Thank you Argentina, Thank you Tonga

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank you Argentina, Thank you Tonga

Post by tigercaspian »

Having headed to the pub at lunchtime to douse this mornings hangover and depression, have been well entertained by Argentina and Tonga thus afternoon.
Put a smile back on my face, with committed running rugby, and some great offloads. There were also some schoolboy errors but they both looked thoroughly committed to winning.
Certainly wish the Pumas all the best for the rest of the tournament.
Crowd was announced as circa 25000 so certainly not a sell out. The only downer all afternoon was they allowed a certain overweight former drug taking cheating wendyballer in - wonder if he paid for his ticket?
Good luck Los Pumas!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Thank you Argentina, Thank you Tonga

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

there were over 29000 there, whilst still not a sell out a pretty good turnout
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

I obviously misheard -thanks.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

I attended today. Sat in the sun surrounded by Argentinians. It will be my only RWC match. Thouroughly enjoyable, entertaining game, and wonderfull atmosphere. Yes it was 29000 announced. A few spaces here and there, but pretty much a full house.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I too was at the ARG vs TON game, sat in the middle of the barmy Argie army in the West stand. What a great atmosphere and afternoon. I love the Argentinian singing and their songs. Such passion and everybody having a great time. It was good also to see the LCC stewards actually watching the game instead of staring at the crowd. I bet they had an unusually interesting day facing the right, rather than the wrong, way round. Good luck to Marcos and his mates as they (hopefully) progress to the QF stages. They deserve to get through with their running rugby style and desire to win.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Thought I saw our new no 8 in the stands; later to be told it was MaryDonna.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

What a fantastic day out. Some great rugby and a magnificent atmosphere. A real treat to be there and looking forward to another fantastic Argentine atmosphere next week.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:I too was at the ARG vs TON game, sat in the middle of the barmy Argie army in the West stand. What a great atmosphere and afternoon. I love the Argentinian singing and their songs. Such passion and everybody having a great time. It was good also to see the LCC stewards actually watching the game instead of staring at the crowd. I bet they had an unusually interesting day facing the right, rather than the wrong, way round. Good luck to Marcos and his mates as they (hopefully) progress to the QF stages. They deserve to get through with their running rugby style and desire to win.
nice cheap dig there but the Steward do watch the games at Leicester City, there isn't any trouble at our games
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Not a cheap dig - just a factual observation.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:Not a cheap dig - just a factual observation.
actually it was if you weren't going down the football fans are thugs stereotype you wouldn't have made it as it simply isn't true
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
actually it was if you weren't going down the football fans are thugs stereotype you wouldn't have made it as it simply isn't true
Jimmy is a football than..That explains a lot :smt002
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Jimmy is a football than..That explains a lot :smt002
whether I am or not is irrelevant, he was stereotyping and it wasn't called for and was just another pathetic snobby dig at the sport from a Rugby fan
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I have been to many football games and the stewards almost always are looking at the crowd so I think his comments are completely justified...

Whether they actually do or don't at Leicester City is irrelevant it was just a little comment get over it..

I'm sure you have heard and seen far worse at football matches :smt003
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I have been to many football games and the stewards almost always are looking at the crowd so I think his comments are completely justified...

Whether they actually do or don't at Leicester City is irrelevant it was just a little comment get over it..

I'm sure you have heard and seen far worse at football matches :smt003
I've probably said far worse but I don't claim to be better than them and then make snarky digs behind their backs especially when they weren't even the topic of discussion in the first place.

I've been to far more games than you I'd imagine and when ever I go the Stewards are watching the game, there will be 1 or 2 heads that are paid to scan the crowd, just as there are at any public event, including Rugby games, they are there looking for medical emergencies as much as anything else
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

Me and my father were due to sit in the south stand near the top. When I arrived I asked the steward at the disabled entrance if he had a lift my dad could use as his legs aren't so good anymore. The steward ushered us through to the disabled seating and offered us a choice of where to sit. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth we ended up sat almost on the halfway line with an unobstructed view. If that wasn't good enough the steward sought me out at half time to ask if we were ok, I had a small chat and he said he was having a great day and it was in total contrast to normal as he normally has to be on full alert. With that he departed, I never got his name but he was the disabled supervisor (on the back of his vest) and I thank him and lcfc for their hospitality. Thought the game was thoroughly enjoyable and enjoyed the puma fans.