England team vs Australia

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

England team vs Australia

Post by ellis9 »

Now most of us have vented our frustration and anger about the Wales result and performance, what team would you pick for the Australia game?

If there are no injuries, my team would be:

Joe MARLER
Tom YOUNGS
Dan COLE
Joe LAUNCHBURY
Geoff PARLING
James HASKELL
Chris ROBSHAW
Ben MORGAN

Ben YOUNGS
George FORD
Henry SLADE
Jonathan JOSEPH
Jonny MAY
Anthony WATSON
Mike BROWN

My worry is if that Joseph still isn't fit, I would not want to play Burgess or Barritt in his place, so I would then probably bring in Jack Nowell and play him at outside centre.

The game plan would be to go out and play like we did against France in the final Six Nations match.
Last edited by ellis9 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: England team vs Australia

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ellis9 wrote:Now most of us have vented our frustration and anger about the Wales result and performance, what team would you pick for the Australia game?

If there are no injuries, my team would be:

Joe MARLER
Tom YOUNGS
Dan COLE
Joe LAUNCHBURY
Geoff PARLING
James HASKELL
Chris ROBSHAW
Owen MORGAN

Ben YOUNGS
George FORD
Henry SLADE
Jonathan JOSEPH
Jonny MAY
Anthony WATSON
Mike BROWN

My worry is if that Joseph still isn't fit, I would not want to play Burgess or Barritt in his place, so I would then probably bring in Jack Nowell and play him at outside centre.

The game plan would be to go out and play like we did against France in the final Six Nations match.
Who is Owen Morgan :smt003

This would be the dream team for me personally too :smt023 but I can't see it ever taking the field..Slade has the natural talent to unlock defences and as he showed last year when he tackled the hell out of Manu can handle himself in defence too..

Lawes has looked off sorts so must be dropped and Haskell has offered more than Wood all year Wood just had one amazing game v Ireland to sneak it..

I think if JJ is back it will be Barritt & JJ or even Burgess & JJ but Slade & JJ we will never get to see tested unfortunately as Lancaster needs a centre who can truck it up even though Barritt is actually poor at this and Burgess for his size hasn't really blasted many holes..
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Now corrected to Ben Morgan :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yeah that's not a million miles from what I'd go for. We need to go gung ho and be positive at this one. Win it, win it well and set down a true marker.

This group isn't over. Wales have a difficult game on Thursday against Fiji. England beating Australia and Australia beating Wales will make this group very tight indeed.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

ellis9 wrote: Joe MARLER
Tom YOUNGS
Dan COLE
Joe LAUNCHBURY
Geoff PARLING
James HASKELL
Chris ROBSHAW
Ben MORGAN

Ben YOUNGS
George FORD
Henry SLADE
Jonathan JOSEPH
Jonny MAY
Anthony WATSON
Mike BROWN
I completely agree with that. However, instead of putting Nowell in at centre (if it came to that), I would put May in at centre as he has a little more power, and put Nowell on the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if Lancaster continued with last week's selection though, however idiotic that may seem to some.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

1) Joe MARLER
2) Tom YOUNGS
3) Dan COLE
4) Joe LAUNCHBURY
5) Geoff PARLING
6) Billy Vunipola
7) Chris ROBSHAW
8) Ben MORGAN

9) Ben YOUNGS
10) George FORD
11) Jonny MAY
12) Brad Barritt
13) Henry SLADE
14) Jonathan JOSEPH
15) Mike BROWN

that would be my starting 15

before you soothsayers berate me yes I know Billy Vunipola is an 8 however I think he could do a real number at 6 he is big can tackle and also has an engine on him. I also think he offers more than Haskell.

Barritt is too good to leave out he is the best 12 in my eyes and wont miss may if any tackles especially with Slade outside him Slade is in my eyes a mini Manu and can cause the Aussies real problems especially as they wont have done their homework on him
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Bringing Morgan back after his performance against Fiji? Not a chance IMO.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:Bringing Morgan back after his performance against Fiji? Not a chance IMO.
Might be unavoidable - Billy Vunipola ruled out due to injury, according to a sky sports update I've just seen
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's either Morgan or Nick Easter as he had been called in to the squad to replace Billy Vunipola who had been ruled out with ligament strain.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Bill out for 6 weeks, the veteran Easter called up, surely we have better than Nick!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

baz1664 wrote:Bill out for 6 weeks, the veteran Easter called up, surely we have better than Nick!!
Dave Ewers :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Why play a wing at centre when Henry Slade is in the squad? He's got the talent and I don't see that the handful of games that the wings have got in terms of experience justify selecting them ahead of an outright centre with the talent of Slade.
Playing Barritt and Burgess is not a good combination.

Morgan is barely match fit so blaming him for the dirge against Fiji is unfair and perhaps he shouldn't have been picked.
Haskell has had 70 or so tests and only one good game so looks like Easter will be playing!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I think most people agree that the centres should be Slade at 12 with Joseph at 13 but if Joseph isn't fit, I would much rather have Nowell at 13 than either Burgess or Barritt.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Can we find a combination that doesn't include Robshaw? Can't we find him another committee to chair elsewhere? I wasn't impressed by Parling's call at that line out either, catch and drive and calls front throw?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Iain wrote:This group isn't over. Wales have a difficult game on Thursday against Fiji. England beating Australia and Australia beating Wales will make this group very tight indeed.
Fiji without Nadolo is not going to strike fear into the Welsh. :smt009
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man