The Rumour mill

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Rumour mill

Post by JackFlashJonny »

As per RB's comments I don't think the many rumours deserve to go in the actual potential signings etc section so maybe we could have a section like this as I still find them interesting to read especially when in a deep RWC depression (if others don't please let me know)

Midi Olypique rumours- Luke Charteris and Richie Gray are both joining Bath who's spending does not abate MO claiming this shows clear intention the English clubs are going to compete with the Top 14 in the transfer market.

RMC Sport- States we are courting Maxime Mermoz but Stade Francais are also interested..apparently we see Mermoz as the man to replace Tuilagi with RMC claiming Toulouse "want to accelerate" transfer negotiations..Also claims Wasps are chasing Mathieu Bastareaud and that SBW is already negotiating with Toulon regarding a return after the olympics next year (Sorry RB :smt003 )
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: The Rumour mill

Post by RagingBull »

TBH I agree the other thread could go quite easily out of topic.

Any way.

It also has Fickou in talks with toulon.

Would rather Manu stayed but if he went and Fickou went Toulon

Maybe we could have both SBW and Mermoz ;)

SBW as marquee signing and Mermoz or Nadolo on Manu cap. ;)

Ben Youngs of to Bath not that much of a worry IMO we have depht there to handle it and could free up cap. (Would again like to keep him).

AND DEF cant see Slater leaving.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

I have heard that Bath are changing names soon to Bath Olympique with their salary cap purported to be lifted with their inclusion in the top 14

Saracens (it is believed in some circles)will again be rewarding their loyal fans with a switch of ground to Capetown in South Africa. Again a more subtle move which would allow for them to become self regulating and not have to answer to the RFU. The ultimate aim it is believed is to conquer the southern hemisphere

On the player front Big Dai is set to make his comeback for Mosely after making a full recovery from injury after an unfortunate incident opening his Remy Martin.

sorry was this supposed to be serious?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I think the clue to this non post is in the title, Never believe Rumours. I operate on the maxim, Never to believe anything I read or hear and believe only half of what I see, unless the source is impeccable.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Noddy555 wrote:I think the clue to this non post is in the title, Never believe Rumours. I operate on the maxim, Never to believe anything I read or hear and believe only half of what I see, unless the source is impeccable.
The only non posts I see on here are the ones with Noddy555 as the author :smt005
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Good idea to separate the more fanciful items from those with a more solid backing. I think the purpose of this post has gone completely over one persons head :smt001

Rumours are like money; speculate to accumulate :smt023