Next England Coach? Fresh start?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Next England Coach?

Post by jgriffin »

fentiger wrote:The next England coach needs to be a minibus to remove the coaching staff from Penny Hill Park :smt023
Just been said by Mrs G and me, although our version was a taxi.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jgriffin wrote:
fentiger wrote:The next England coach needs to be a minibus to remove the coaching staff from Penny Hill Park :smt023
Just been said by Mrs G and me, although our version was a taxi.
Nah - show 'em the gate gate and make 'em walk!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I think Baxter will want to win silverware at Exeter before he considers his job there done. The England job will not attract a top English or internationally experienced coach until the job criteria change to allow it to become a fully autonomous role. And that means changes at the RFU, whose members are very experienced at minding their own a***s.
Valhalla I am coming!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think part of the problem is Lancaster has shown himself to be too league influenced and that whilst we have an excellent scrum coach we seem not to have a forwards coach or someone in overall strategic control who can link the forwards and backs.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

mol2 wrote:I think part of the problem is Lancaster has shown himself to be too league influenced and that whilst we have an excellent scrum coach we seem not to have a forwards coach or someone in overall strategic control who can link the forwards and backs.
Graham Rowntree is the forwards coach. He has been since 2012.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Sajerj wrote:
mol2 wrote:I think part of the problem is Lancaster has shown himself to be too league influenced and that whilst we have an excellent scrum coach we seem not to have a forwards coach or someone in overall strategic control who can link the forwards and backs.
Graham Rowntree is the forwards coach. He has been since 2012.
Are you sure you are not Lancaster in disguise. Even your post on the other thread has the same anti Rowntree and Youngs theme. Nothing new there and a good attempt at deflection in true Lancaster fashion.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not at all - my concern is that all Rountree has influence over is the scrum.
Lanncaster and Catt were backs and Farrell a league player and in that coaching set up there seems not to be anyone with knowledge of back row play.

I certainly didn't criticise Ben Youngs - I felt his substitution took away England's pivotal attacking threat. Wigglesworth came on and played as you would expect from a good club player but was unable to hold the defence let alone get the ball to the backs effectively.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

mol2

I think Doghashaditsday was referring to Sajerj being Lancaster in disguise rather than you, maybe has something to do with his apparent quick and robust defence of anything Lancaster :smt002

Fully agree with you about Ben Youngs though, England went off the boil when he departed IMO
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

obviously a Jim Mallinder and Mike Ford dream team ...
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

WhitecapTiger wrote:mol2

I think Doghashaditsday was referring to Sajerj being Lancaster in disguise rather than you, maybe has something to do with his apparent quick and robust defence of anything Lancaster :smt002

Fully agree with you about Ben Youngs though, England went off the boil when he departed IMO
Yes I most definitely meant Sajerj. :smt003
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Don't think it will be Baxter: he has unfinished business in the South West.........
Nick Mallett is free.............
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

I must be the only person on here who thinks that Lancaster is doing a decent job.....

OK he has been pushed to include someone who is out of his depth...two more years and he will be a real threat but my Burgess should have been left out for Eastmond.

Lancaster says it how it is and we need a straight talking no nonsense coach...I get the feeling that his strings are being pulled by Squeaky and the old boys network at the RFU...

He has shown some bottle to stick to his guns on overseas policy and you cant blame him for that surely...I believe in him and so should all true rugby fans each coach is there in the position they hold through merit
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I Think Warren Gatland would be an ideal England coach He's the type of person who would not put up with interference from the suits as I call them i.e. The off pitch England Management and Administrative team.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kill at least 3 birds with one stone. Head Coach Cockers with Mallinder as backs coach and West as Forwards Coach. Perhaps Brendan Venter as defence coach to bring a bit of non English slant to the team.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Lea wrote:I must be the only person on here who thinks that Lancaster is doing a decent job.....
You are not the only one - there's Andy Farrell and there's ......... oh I'm sure there must be someone else.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.