Heineken - stopping other beers refreshing you

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Heineken - stopping other beers refreshing you

Post by daktari »

Just read that the only beer you'll be able to buy in any of the RWC venues is Heineken! Means it'll be a rather dry day for me at the Tonga v Argentina match....(apart from the hip flask). Do they really think people will drink something they don't like because there is no alternative. The RWC 'experience' gets worse the closer it gets, I had considered going to one of the other matches at the Crisp bowl but not now - not because I'm a drunk - but because of this ridiculous heavy handed approach.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Heineken - stopping other beers refreshing you

Post by jgriffin »

daktari wrote:Just read that the only beer you'll be able to buy in any of the RWC venues is Heineken! Means it'll be a rather dry day for me at the Tonga v Argentina match....(apart from the hip flask). Do they really think people will drink something they don't like because there is no alternative. The RWC 'experience' gets worse the closer it gets, I had considered going to one of the other matches at the Crisp bowl but not now - not because I'm a drunk - but because of this ridiculous heavy handed approach.
You could :censored: into a flask and drink that - it certainly would be better for you and taste better too!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

jgriffin wrote:
daktari wrote:Just read that the only beer you'll be able to buy in any of the RWC venues is Heineken! Means it'll be a rather dry day for me at the Tonga v Argentina match....(apart from the hip flask). Do they really think people will drink something they don't like because there is no alternative. The RWC 'experience' gets worse the closer it gets, I had considered going to one of the other matches at the Crisp bowl but not now - not because I'm a drunk - but because of this ridiculous heavy handed approach.
You could :censored: into a flask and drink that - it certainly would be better for you and taste better too!
It really would taste better!

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

daktari wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
It really would taste better!
Do the gnats out of a job though!!
Still keeping the faith!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Ah! Corporate high-handedness strikes again. Not to worry, Corbyn will sort it out as part of his equality agenda and send all of business to the gulags that have been built with new money printed by the Government owned Band of England :smt043 :smt043 :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

TigerCam wrote:Ah! Corporate high-handedness strikes again. Not to worry, Corbyn will sort it out as part of his equality agenda and send all of business to the gulags that have been built with new money printed by the Government owned Band of England :smt043 :smt043 :smt030
Well if he can get it sorted by Friday, that would be great...

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

What's wrong with Heineken?

I'll get me coat...... :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It could be worse - when I was in New Zealand for the Lions tour, where I also saw All Blacks v Fiji, the only available beer was Steinlager, since they were an All Blacks sponsor.

Awful stuff, gives you an horrific hangover even off very little. And it was served in plastic bottles.

As far as mass produced lagers go, Heineken isn't so bad. It is at least a premium one and a world better than Carling or Fosters. Wouldn't be my beer of choice most the time unless it was particularly hot, but I'll get on with it. Looks like I'm designated driver going to Cardiff on Sunday anyway.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

its all to do with sponsorship money that's why the Crisp arena has had to change its name.
In NZ for RWC 2011 we were not photographed in any of the grounds as we had our Tiger tops on and Bradstone were not sponsors.
jpd

Post by jpd »

I went to a music festival in Liverpool recently that promised "real ale". On arrival, all of the beers were provided by Heineken and the breweries that they own, all of which were far too cold variants on the Heineken theme - some of which couldn't be differentiated from Heineken in a blind taste test.

Such a disappointment.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

At RWC 2007 in France, the only beer you could buy in the stadium was ALCOHOL FREE Heineken!

Heineken is bad enough in the first place, but take away the alcohol content & all you have left is badly flavoured sparkling water.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

All the above sound like the best reasons ever to enjoy the rugby in your local with a real pint :smt023
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

So no different to the European Cup final at Edinburgh a couple of years ago when you had to go out of the stadium to get a beer because the bars were McCewans.

It is hardly shock of the century, major tournament works with key supplier!

Still if theres a problem to be found and all....
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

chipnchase wrote:So no different to the European Cup final at Edinburgh a couple of years ago when you had to go out of the stadium to get a beer because the bars were McCewans.

Its not much of a surprise, no but to strike a deal to supply your (captive) customers with just one beverage is contemptible.

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

daktari wrote:
chipnchase wrote:So no different to the European Cup final at Edinburgh a couple of years ago when you had to go out of the stadium to get a beer because the bars were McCewans.

Its not much of a surprise, no but to strike a deal to supply your (captive) customers with just one beverage is contemptible.
How much (3 digit millions please) did Heinekin pay for this privalege? :smt017
Still keeping the faith!