Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by wormus »

L Smith wrote:Enough is enough; my cash will be going to the Counting House I'm out...
I totally agree LS two pints of Green King IPA at the Counting House for £5.00 with season ticket and 60p change - great beer at £2-20 a pint,no pre pouring just good prompt friendly service and the food there is great too, especially for the Monday A league games.
But I would still like a pint of Tiger at the ground but at what cost?
Time, effort & price!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

You think you had a bad day. Bloke couple of seats down from me in the Met gets up to let someone by, kicks over his pint and spills it all over his matchday program. What's that £6.80 down the swanny.

On a serious note plenty of pre-pour and it took me no time at all to get a couple of pints at half time. And no problem getting the beakers back at full time.
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

And I thought it might just be getting a bit better.... doh. I was promised, honest, that nice Mr Cohen (CEO I think, make up your own words) said that things would improve and they'd heard all of these complaints before. Yes, but hearing isn't the same as listening is it.

Against Wasps the other week I managed a pint or two without too much trouble, but not from the ABC House of Comedy that masquerades as a licensed bar. And against Stade on Friday we managed a Guinness or two from the Drog's Bar (under the Alliance & Leicester Stand..??): served El Pronto quick like, by someone over the age of consent who knew what she was doing. Couldn't add up though, a tenner in total for 2 Guinness, a G&T, and the Nonsense Charge for the plastic container we have to slurp out of now. Feeling guilty at being under charged....? Nay, compensation for what we've had to put up with so far. Didn't all work out in our favour though: my mate had been charged over eleven quid for a pint and a Bacardi pus Nonsense Charge.

I wondered why the Stewards at the end of the game were carefully collecting all the empty beer cans from the stands and terraces. Obviously Mr Cohen wants to know how much is being brought in by fans unwilling to be fleeced by over pricing and under delivering. I await the strip searches with baited breath. Not till May though Simon, please, it's far to draughty this time of year.

Oh, and the American someone mentioned in a recent posting, that would be Aaron, he's Head Beer Honcho for Centreplate, that's the new name for Lindley's the caterers. New name, new Head man, same service.

:smt026
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BirstallBrian wrote: New name, new Head man, same service.

:smt026
What you have to take on board is that running bars in a Rugby Stadium is a complex operation. All sorts of unforeseen things can go wrong - none of which you could have been expected to foresee when you took the contract. Of course "The Club" will work with you to help you overcome these unforeseen difficuolties and resultant poor service.

Do not hold your breath!

Drink and eat elsewhere!
Still keeping the faith!
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

Ah Bill, Bill, :smt006

did you have your tongue in your cheek at that point... or is it the case that not too many truer words have been spoken...?

Yes, running bars in a stadium must be a challenge and there must be lots of unforeseen hiccups. But, how many of the following fall into that category: running out of ale before a match (they've been doing it for ages), untrained and inexperienced staff (ditto), long queues and slow service.

Is Centreplate or whatever they're called a professional catering outfit or are they a bunch of amateurs....

Onwards and upwards.

:smt039
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

With mad men trying to get into stadiums to blow themselves up I too wonder if we are going to be frisked on entry from now on. :smt013
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Is Centreplate or whatever they're called a professional catering outfit or are they a bunch of amateurs....

I didn't realise that Lindleys were taken over by Centerplate in 2013

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/348 ... enterplate

Centerplate is a large American corporation with the 30,000 employees.

http://www.centerplate.co.uk
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ourla wrote:

I didn't realise that Lindleys were taken over by Centerplate in 2013

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/348 ... enterplate

Centerplate is a large American corporation with the 30,000 employees.

http://www.centerplate.co.uk
Perhaps they should send them to Welford Road on a match day to see how not to run a rugby ground bar.
sebco
Tiger Cub

Post by sebco »

Can we please have the good old meat and potato pies back I would have thought they would have been a nice little earner, don't have to specify what meat it is just chuck in whatever happens to be available oh and one more thing who's eaten all the pasties rarer than hens teeth this season
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

"The Club" and "Centreplate" do not want the "Hoi poloi" to purchase refeshemnt at Welford Road. Their focus is totally on "high value" hospitality.

Fact. Accept it!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Bill W (2) wrote:"The Club" and "Centreplate" do not want the "Hoi poloi" to purchase refeshemnt at Welford Road. Their focus is totally on "high value" hospitality.

Fact. Accept it!

Is that what your opinion is Bill? I'm amazed you haven't aired it before.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Iain wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:"The Club" and "Centreplate" do not want the "Hoi poloi" to purchase refeshemnt at Welford Road. Their focus is totally on "high value" hospitality.

Fact. Accept it!

Is that what your opinion is Bill? I'm amazed you haven't aired it before.

I felt sure I had mentioned it before at least "en passant". After all our CEO is on record.

And the new stand (when eventually it is completed) totally fits in with this policy.

And I would wager that the "New Crumbie" will do away with the ABC and Marks Bar and substitute a "servery" with an additional "lounge" (at premium prices) with padded seats and a special shirt!

You think differently?
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

I thought that the 4 (obviously) experienced staff at the Treviso "clubhouse" showed what can be done. Very busy, but very reasonable service given the numbers.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:I thought that the 4 (obviously) experienced staff at the Treviso "clubhouse" showed what can be done. Very busy, but very reasonable service given the numbers.
Perhaps that is Centreplate/Club strategy. Reduce customers down to the level at Treviso (3500 reported) and then they will be able to cope!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
rustybkts

Post by rustybkts »

Cagey Tiger wrote:I thought that the 4 (obviously) experienced staff at the Treviso "clubhouse" showed what can be done. Very busy, but very reasonable service given the numbers.
And with Prosecco at 6 Euro for a 75cl bottle, resounding value! :smt023