Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Pitch Black

Post by BirstallBrian »

Have had a couple of these imitation Guinness now and really can't find words to describe the experience. For once in my drinking life I'm at a loss.

Given that the management would like to see it throughout the ground (quote) I wondered how other fans feel about this particular product.......

On the Everards website it isn't listed as one of their reglar beers, so the conclusion is that it's a contract beer.

Onwards But Not Sure About Upwards......

:smt039
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Pitch Black

Post by Bill W (2) »

BirstallBrian wrote:Have had a couple of these imitation Guinness now and really can't find words to describe the experience. For once in my drinking life I'm at a loss.

Given that the management would like to see it throughout the ground (quote) I wondered how other fans feel about this particular product.......

On the Everards website it isn't listed as one of their regular beers, so the conclusion is that it's a contract beer.

Onwards But Not Sure About Upwards......

:smt039
Another attempt by Lindleys (or whatever they are now called) to provide an inferior service at less cost.

Guinness is Guinness!

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by Old Hob »

I used to complain that there was no (or insufficient) pre-poured beer in the ABC bar. I arrived reasonably early on Saturday and had a pre-poured Tiger. It was so flat I assume it was pre-poured on Friday.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Pitch Black hasn't made it to the Final Whistle yet. As a Guinness drinker, this alarms me that they wish to make it throughout.

I can imagine that it's not bad as a traditional hand pulled stout, though being an Everards I suspect it would be a little bland. But I suspect further it will be a keg conditioned stout. I've not tasted it, but I'm not expecting good things.

Someone, somewhere has thought "I know! It would be a good idea to change away from Guinness at a rugby ground! What could possibly go wrong from changing away from one of our best sellers!?" Lunacy!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Iain wrote:
Someone, somewhere has thought "I know! It would be a good idea to change away from Guinness at a rugby ground! What could possibly go wrong from changing away from one of our best sellers!?" Lunacy!
The finance director.. We can sell fake Guinness for the same price as Guinness but it costs 50p a pint less... Don't worry by the time they get to the ground there half cut anyway, no-one will ever know
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

dunks43 wrote:
Iain wrote:
The finance director.. We can sell fake Guinness for the same price as Guinness but it costs 50p a pint less... Don't worry by the time they get to the ground there half cut anyway, no-one will ever know
The ABC has Pitch Black, the one next to it (is it the Crumbie?) has Guinness. Weird setup!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The food and drink at Tigers are a complete and utter rip off

Diabolical beer , diabolical prices --------£4-80 a pint
And diabolical, processed food everywhere...

The Burger vans should be closed down, they sell utter rubbish for £ 5-50+ chips.. the Italian fans we spoke to said no wonder everyone in England is fat and cancer ridden . Its true, if you looked around.... !!

Best to go to the last Hero a hundred yards away

Or bring your own beer and food
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:The food and drink at Tigers are a complete and utter rip off

Diabolical beer , diabolical prices --------£4-80 a pint
And diabolical, processed food everywhere...

The Burger vans should be closed down, they sell utter rubbish for £ 5-50+ chips.. the Italian fans we spoke to said no wonder everyone in England is fat and cancer ridden . Its true, if you looked around.... !!

Best to go to the last Hero a hundred yards away

Or bring your own beer and food
I have been saying this for years! Eat and drink elsewhere.

The club do not want your custom. They are only interested in the prawn sandwich and gin and tonic corporates.

"We hold these truth to be self evident!"
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

£4.80 includes the refundable £1 deposit on the "glass".

Was able to indulge in a drink for the first time in a long while. In the Upper MetRx stand, 15 minutes before KO. Short queue, short (2-3 minutes) wait and short measure (the new "glasses" make it difficult to check). A pint of cider with 3 cm head on it! Got it topped up no problem. Just before half time, served immediately, from a fair number of pre-poured pints.

So, all in all, not too bad. I was obviously lucky :smt001
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:£4.80 includes the refundable £1 deposit on the "glass".

Was able to indulge in a drink for the first time in a long while. In the Upper MetRx stand, 15 minutes before KO. Short queue, short (2-3 minutes) wait and short measure (the new "glasses" make it difficult to check). A pint of cider with 3 cm head on it! Got it topped up no problem. Just before half time, served immediately, from a fair number of pre-poured pints.

Wont last!!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:£4.80 includes the refundable £1 deposit on the "glass".

Wont last!!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Not sure when I will be able to check again as I usually drive, Saturday being an exception. Didn't fancy getting home after 11 so stayed at the Belmont.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Having been a shambles up until the Saints game, it was very good on that day. It was also very good against Treviso, proving it wasn't a one off. If they achieve it again, it starts to become consistent. If they can just keep getting the basics right there's no reason why it should dip.

I say well done for the improvements whoever implemented them!
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Well it was an utter shambles at half time in the upper tier. 4th or 5th in the queue, didn't get served until the start of the second half, or to put it another way; it was Fra 10-18 Italy when I started queuing and 20-18 when i got served! Paid for a few items to then be told one that they hadn't actually got one of them. How hard can it be to at least improve, if not get right?
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

Hello doublecarpet,

Can't say my experience was "utter" anything on Saturday, but in the Final Whistle I did get given 2 pints of Guinness when I'd asked in the plainest of Plain English for a Tiger and a Guinness. There were 10 staff behind the bar, I reckon Centrepoint - or whatever the caterer's name is - are working on the theory that if staff don't know what to do then employing 5 times the number of them means that (Law of Averages) one of them might.... (Huh...?).

Bloke next to me handed back 2 pints of dead flat apple juice pretending to be lager and asked for 2 pints that had something approaching a head and a bit of life in them; guess where the 2 returned pints went....

..... no, surely not back on the Pre-poured shelf..? So when the next bloke comes and asks for 2 lagers....... bet you you can finish this sentence yourself, eh.

Onwards and Sometimes Upwards but Not Very Often...

:smt044
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I must say for all the continued isolated incidents mentioned here we are light years ahead of what we had at the start of the season. I visited the bar twice and was twice served accurately and swiftly. This was a pipe dream in September.