Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by Suz »

It really doesn't get any better does it?
At the last game, I went to the food outlet under the Goldsmith stand. Ordered my coffee, the girl behind the counter took my money, and then just stood there. I waited and then asked for my coffee. The look of shock on her face that I actually wanted my drink and not just pay for it was impressive :smt017
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I got dog's abuse on the Facebook page for suggesting the bar staff lack intelligence and common sense....

.... the thing is they really DO lack these things.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I think they are mostly Uni students, if so bodes well for the future of Britain! :smt022
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Iain, I posted about the declining standard of service in the FW over the last few games but was put off a bit by the attention you attracted on facebook' so removed my earlier post. But on reflection here goes:

Over that last three home games I have been overcharged, had the wrong drinks served to me at least once each week, twice in a row at the Munster game. Have had servers stand and look at me in the same way that Suz described after taking the money.
Last week two were working really hard in one section whilst four servers stood and watched (one was actually doing her nails for a couple of minutes with her teeth!). When the chap next to me asked if they would like to do some work and actually serve someone, one of them told him that they were tidying up!.Really four of them whilst two serve?
I have had one server ask me if I could pay for each drink seperately because it was easier (my personal favourite)

Now I could be just unlucky, but I doubt it. Impressive for three weeks!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Suz wrote:It really doesn't get any better does it?
No it does not. And has not for several years despite it being highlighted to the Board and several "reviews" by them with Lindleys (or whatever they are now called.)

"The matchday experience" was a David Clayton invention - he was fired (sorry, chose to retire.)

There is no evidence that "The Club" wish to provide reasonable catering facilities for "ordinary" ticket holders. All the evidence points the other way.

Do not blame the (incompetent) staff be they UNI students or ESN dropouts.

BLAME THE CLUB!

When was the last time you saw a Director of the Club at a "non hospitality" catering outlet? Or a player for that matter?
Still keeping the faith!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

LE18 wrote:I think they are mostly Uni students, if so bodes well for the future of Britain! :smt022
They must have been DeMontfort Uni students, if they were Leicester Uni mob they'd all be Chinese from what I've seen.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Received the following response to my email after the Munster game:
Hi Iain,

Thank you for your email, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have forwarded your email onto the catering team for them to look at their processes.

We are working closely with the catering team to improve service levels as they are not up to standards. We value feedback from all fans and customers as the public bars are just as important as the corporate areas

Once again thank you for your email and I hope you will see an improvement in future games.
I had suggested, as Bill has many times, that they are more worried about the corporate areas.

It is pleasing at least to see acknowledgement that they are not up to standard.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Iain wrote:Received the following response to my email after the Munster game:
Hi Iain,

Thank you for your email, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have forwarded your email onto the catering team for them to look at their processes.

We are working closely with the catering team to improve service levels as they are not up to standards. We value feedback from all fans and customers as the public bars are just as important as the corporate areas

Once again thank you for your email and I hope you will see an improvement in future games.
I had suggested, as Bill has many times, that they are more worried about the corporate areas.

It is pleasing at least to see acknowledgement that they are not up to standard.
Lets face it, after all these years this is an 'f' you answer. Sorry but go on, delete this post for getting too near the truth.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

GS wrote:

Lets face it, after all these years this is an 'f' you answer. Sorry but go on, delete this post for getting too near the truth.
You might think that. I could not possibly comment!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

About a million times better in the Final Whistle today. Pre-pouring happened consistently and they were getting the basics right. Hallelujah!!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

A real shock last night. Just the one round in the FW after the game, but of three different drinks and wait for it - Correct beers (including a cask tiger) served at an appropriate speed given the size of the crowd and charged the right amount. It was like being in a real bar! Really hope that it wasn't luck and will be repeated next week.

Excuse the sarcasm but its the first week in many that things seemed to be working.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

ABC bar is an absolute joke..

Why have pre-pour if as soon as someone orders something that is not prepoured they ask for it to be poured and leave the rest of the queue waiting!!!!!

Seriously, they have over 30 pints pre-poured and instead of taking and order, placing a special request and serving the next person while the special is fulfilled they just STAND THERE. waiting. and waiting.

The process would be SO much better if you bought a voucher from a till, walked to the bar and redeemed the voucher for a pre-poured drink - that way you can walk out quickly and can multi serve people based on what you have pre-poured.

Oh and if it was done this way you wouldn't need to fight through the queue to get out with the beers you just bought....
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Credit where credits due, the new bar under the new Cat stand was good on Saturday. Quick service, pre-poured drinks, staff who looked like they wanted to be there. Hopefully this will continue
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

Suz, were you sat in the new stand? As a crumbie dweller we were not allowed to use the facilities in the new stand. A bit frustrating considering we can access all the other stands (ok final whistle is open to the public from outside but still). A bit frustrating as I used to be a regular in the Captains.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Catflap, yes we were sitting in the new stand. We are usually terrace dwellers, but due to injury we had to get seats for this game.
I wonder if not getting access is a permanent thing, or just while the stand is being finished off, as it seems a large bar area for just the one stand. Especially when the loss of the Captains, clubhouse and speed-bar are taken into account for the Crumbie as that is a lot more people to be served in the ABC etc