Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by Iain »

ellis9 wrote:Can I ask everyone moaning (possibly rightly so) something?

If you went to a retail store, restaurant etc and received such poor service would you go back?

If the service is so bad, then why bother using it? You surely don't NEED a drink or food that badly and you can always bring your own.
Food I'll happily get elsewhere. But having a beer at the rugby is sacrosanct. It's pretty much an institution. Not to go and get smashed, but to enjoy a few cold beers and the company of your friends watching your team. As such they have a captive audience. It ought to be impossible to make a hash of, but here we are.

Up until about October last season service was horrendous. Really bad. Tigers then did a customer service sweep and called around fans, who to a person identified that the service was dreadful. Things then got a lot better but crashed back to type at the Saints game.

With under half capacity on Saturday it was dreadful. I shudder to think what it will be like when Munster are in town.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Just sent this to Gary Sherrard and will publish his reply:

Gary,
I am tired of putting comments about the ridiculously poor standard of service in the bars I use (Final Whistle and ABC) on the fans forum catering thread as I don't believe that anyone reads them or does anything about the comments made. Please furnish me with the email address of the correct person at Lindley's who I should send my comments to.
This is my recent post

you are right Bill but it isn't rocket science to get it right and still it is a total shambles. Was interviewed by 2 ladies from the "glass" company and told them again that there was little or no pre pulled beer in either the FW or ABC. Also told them that the children serving couldn't see how full the glasses were because of the patterns on the glass and that I had to give 3 pints back to be refilled to the pint mark and this delayed the service. BUT TO MY SURPRISE - on the 1st concourse the was a good supply of pre pulled pints and I was served very quickly - if one group of children can do it right why can the others not do it - down the the bar managers I suspect

I would like to be able to send it directly to them.

At the present there are 31 posts and not one saying well done, you have done what you said about Lindley's service standards. Several are saying they will not use the bars again and this when the crowd was only 8000.

Does anyone from the club go round and see what is actually happening re pre-pulled beer? Does anyone from the club watch how the kids employed by Lindleys are actually doing the job? Is there anyone from the club able to hold debriefing meetings with the actual bar managers following a game or is everything done through CEO's etc.

I would be more than willing every home game to send a debrief to the club and Lindley's regarding what is actually happening in the ABC if it would help change things and I am sure that if you asked for volunteers from fans who use the other bars to do the same, you would have no problem in recruitment
Cheers
Jack Hartley (trendylfj)
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

While I was on holiday (Aug 26) I received an email from Tigers stating:
There is a new layout in operation at the Final Whistle Bar to offer a more efficient service to all supporters.
Oh, how I laughed.

Not that I always do it I agree that having a beer at the ground should be a part of the match day experience. I also think being able to provide a decent hot dog/burger, etc. should not be beyond them.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Had a reply from Gary

Jack
Thank you for your email. I can assure you the feedback is taken seriously and has been the subject of our post-match meeting this morning.
I have forwarded your email to our Customer Services.
Gary

I await with baited breath to see if there is any tidal change.

yours

King Canute
Hehehehehehehehe
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

trendylfj wrote:Had a reply from Gary

Jack
Thank you for your email. I can assure you the feedback is taken seriously and has been the subject of our post-match meeting this morning.
I have forwarded your email to our Customer Services.
Gary

I await with baited breath to see if there is any tidal change.

yours

King Canute
I for one am not holding my breath!
Still keeping the faith!
palletman

Post by palletman »

trendylfj

In reply to trendylfj may I point out that Tigerdad set up a report type of system and we were referred to as Q monitors! Years later NOTHING has changed. I gave up looking or worrying about how things ran at the ground because NOTHING changed and I have to ask does anybody at the club really care? Tigerdad to me could not do any more on our behalf but I still say the Club only gave him lip service as nothing changed, did it! We gave up more than 6 years plus ago buying from the bars, both food and drink owing to the performance of the staff and poor service provided.
If it was possible for private individuals or traders to take over the running of certain bars those bars I am certain would perform somewhat better than the general mess we are all seeing. I started in retail in 1971 at the age of 17 and the first thing I was told by my mentor was GET THE MONEY IN THE TILL! 44 years later that surely is still the GOLDEN rule! Give us a chance Tigers, you might actually like what you see!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

It is clear that they don't really care - Gary Sherrad has merely given a token response and forwarded it to Customer Services?

Somebody of seniority needs to pick this up and shake it into sense.

Me and the kids often pick up a burger outside the Crumbie turnstyles but only if the queue is short enough or we're there early enough do I venture to get a pint because the whole process is shameful.

Just simple things like pre-pour, dedicated servers, dedicated payment people and decent tills which don't require the user to input the value/cash tendered/change required etc.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Coops wrote:It is clear that they don't really care - Gary Sherrad has merely given a token response and forwarded it to Customer Services?

Coops, Gary works in the Press Department and has forwarded to the appropriate Department, that being Customer Services. I would suggest that the Customer Services Manager should be contacted rather than an individual who is not directly involved with the delivery of customer satisfaction.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Tigerbeat wrote:
Coops wrote:It is clear that they don't really care - Gary Sherrad has merely given a token response and forwarded it to Customer Services?

Coops, Gary works in the Press Department and has forwarded to the appropriate Department, that being Customer Services. I would suggest that the Customer Services Manager should be contacted rather than an individual who is not directly involved with the delivery of customer satisfaction.
Tigerbeat: could you post the email address of the person who is responsible for the fans' matchday customer experience, please? I agree that Gary should not be in the firing line.
Many thanks.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I took our three 2 pint pots back to the Upper MET-Rx bar and was told as they couldn't serve beer in them I couldn't get my £3 back!

They also forgot to knock a £1 off my beer when I returned two pint pots and only asked for one more beer.

I know it is only £4, but that is going to add up over the season!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

.[/quote]
Tigerbeat: could you post the email address of the person who is responsible for the fans' matchday customer experience, please? I agree that Gary should not be in the firing line.
Many thanks.[/quote]
You could try contacting or emailing the contact that you feel is most appropriate. Link below

http://www.leicestertigers.com/contact/index.php

Unfortunately, I do not have a name for the person who should be contacted directly.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Might I suggest:

[email protected]
Still keeping the faith!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Bill W (2) wrote:Might I suggest:

[email protected]
Sorely tempted!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

L Smith wrote:

[email protected]
Sorely tempted!
Give in to temptation.

And KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Bill W (2) wrote:
L Smith wrote:

[email protected]
Sorely tempted!
Give in to temptation.

And KEEP THE FAITH!
Not least because he most likely negotiated the contract for the franchise without putting in any conditions - one must assume - on minimum acceptable service levels. This is basic area to cover on any outsourcing agreement as without it you can end up with very poor quality of service. Wait a minute where are we?
Jez

Only Winners Win!