Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

what a shambles.. went to the final whistle before the game, the queue was only 5 deep after 20 minutes without moving decided to go into the ground, went to the pie and pint kiosk under the crumbie stand again only 5 deep after 15 minutes got charged for 2 draught beers, only then to be told all draught is off, so changed order to bottled ciders , taking in account of the glass deposit meant I was owed a £2.20 refund, was told I would have to wait for a manager to come and give me the refund, although she could continue to serves drinks and open the till for other customers.............

Come on tigers , how many years does this shamble have to go on
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well then. What words can we use to describe today's bar service?

Useless? Shambolic? Embarrassing? Inept? Sloppy? Incapable? Appalling?

All would fit.

Undertrained, undercooked and cheap bar staff shuffling around at snail's pace allowing huge queues to build up.

Pre-pouring still an alien concept.

Sent my flat Guinness back to be asked if I'd like her to get her superior. I said no, just get me a new drink. I was told that she wasn't allowed to without her superior. Her superior came and poured me a new one. Then she faffed about wondering whether she was supposed to put both through the till.

It's just a perpetual omnishambles with ineptitude oozing from top to bottom. I give up any hope of it ever improving.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Oh dear oh dear, how many attended today, 6000 at most, club are at an absolute shambles when it comes to organisation.

Arrived at 2-00, went to collect tickets from collection point, 2 queues, A-J, K -Z, long queue at A-J 2 young people manning the baskets, no one at the K-Z but 3 operatives and a supervisor standing watching, why could they not move over and help out?

Went to ABC bar, no tables or chairs, long queue at 1 till with one lady serving a pint at a time, left without a drink.

Went to Droglites after game about 20 in there, only 2 at half time, then went to final whistle, no band, they were just about coping with a very few customers, don't know how they will cope with 24000 crowds. One guy paying by card, took ages for his transaction to go through.

As for pint glasses, they are ok but the 2 pint pots look like Tupperware jugs that you might make the gravy in on a Sunday lunch.

Now for the game, those that stayed away missed a very lively entertaining game, the Pumas were very slick with their handling, Tigers, especially some of the youngsters, showed some real commitment. Good to see some of the more experienced players looking much fitter, this could be an interesting season.

Overall a better experience on the pitch, which looked really good, than the hospitality side of the club, which leaves a lot to be learnt. Again the mic system was very muffled with an echo leaving it very hard to follow the announcements.

But have to say Thanks to Marcos for your loyaltity to Tigers and for bringing the Pumas to Leicester, great guy, you deserve all the praise and may you succeed in your quest for another medal.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Iain wrote: I give up any hope of it ever improving.
As you may have gathered gtom my earlier posts I gave up some time ago.

The Club are only interested in catering for "corporates". They are positively disinterested in providing decent service and quality food and drink outlets for "ordinary" punters. All the evidence points to this.

Today with such a low turnout (even with reduced outlets) they could and should have provided first class service. They chose not to. This is not mere incompetence by the caterers. It is clearly and obviously the club policy.

I repeat my advice. Vote with your feet. Eat and drink elsewhere.
Still keeping the faith!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

you are right Bill but it isn't rocket science to get it right and still it is a total shambles. Was interviewed by 2 ladies from the "glass" company and told them again that there was little or no pre pulled beer in either the FW or ABC. Also told them that the children serving couldn't see how full the glasses were because of the patterns on the glass and that I had to give 3 pints back to be refilled to the pint mark and this delayed the service. BUT TO MY SURPRISE - on the 1st concourse the was a good supply of prepulled pints and I was served very quickly - if one group of children can do it right why can the others not do it - down the the bar managers I suspect
Hehehehehehehehe
arickett

Post by arickett »

The problem is the same every year new untrained staff. The catering at the ground is two very different markets. The corporate side which the current supplier appears to be good at and running a mass bar 15ish times a year which there qre not good at may be they should split the contract.

There are many companies with experience of running bars pub chains night clubs play houses or even vending trucks
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

trendylfj wrote: I had to give 3 pints back to be refilled to the pint mark and this delayed the service.
Actually, either the half pint or the 1 pint markers on the glasses (or both) are inaccurate. Half pint should be more than half way up to the pint mark given theat the glass gets wider towards the top.
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Bill W (2) wrote:
trendylfj wrote: I had to give 3 pints back to be refilled to the pint mark and this delayed the service.
Actually, either the half pint or the 1 pint markers on the glasses (or both) are inaccurate. Half pint should be more than half way up to the pint mark given theat the glass gets wider towards the top.
I have just checked. The 1/2 pint marker is approx 4mm too low and the 1 pint marker a similar amount too high.
Still keeping the faith!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

FW was indeed very poor after the game, the young man that served me seemed totally confused by the concept.

4 pints and 4 glasses £14.40. Thought about explaining but the blank look on his face when I tried to order made me not bother.

Is it my poor memory or have the prices gone up?

£4 for a pint of Heineken seems steep.

No proper Tiger yet again!

One positive - like the new pint pots.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tyzot wrote:
One positive - like the new pint pots.
You were charged £1 each for the new pint pots. The £4 would have been refunded if you had taken them back.
Still keeping the faith!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Yes Bill I know.

Much better than the previous flimsy non returnable ones.

I think you missed my point £14.40 was including the deposit - so I was undercharged but couldn't face the discussion.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tyzot wrote:Yes Bill I know.

Much better than the previous flimsy non returnable ones.

I think you missed my point £14.40 was including the deposit - so I was undercharged but couldn't face the discussion.
Apologies for missing the point. Glad you turned out to be a "winner".

I too quite like the new "glasses". I brought mine home with me.

As mentioned above the 1/2 pint and 1 pint markings are both innaccurate though.
Still keeping the faith!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

No problem - I wonder how many will end up as souvenirs.
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

Our first time in the Final Whistle for a beer and waited over twenty minutes for two pints. As far as a I could tell the bar staff spent much of their time having to explain the new reusable glass process to punters. Why didn't they put large, clear notices on the bar for people to read whilst waiting in the queue, and why are they not pre-pulling pints?

Quite basic stuff I think...

( I do like the glasses though and approve of the idea in principle)
AlphaWiseOwl

Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Just thought that as the current thread has been trundling on for what seems like forever - it was time for a new one for this season. Things have changed (supposedly) so better not to bury views, complaints, observations or even praise, in a deep dark place.i

Link to previous thread for reference (now locked)

http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... 50#p615950