Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by L Smith »

Enough is enough; my cash will be going to the Counting House and The Swan for beer and to Morrisons for cheap pies and chocs.
I'm out...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Yet again, they tried to over-charge me, twice, for the beer. How many people didn't notice they were being charged an extra £1 every time, even if they took the glasses back!

Simon Cohen & Lindleys, you are a shambles and a disgrace!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Northenlad wrote:Yet again, they tried to over-charge me, twice, for the beer. How many people didn't notice they were being charged an extra £1 every time, even if they took the glasses back!

"We hold these truths to be self evident!"

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Northenlad wrote:Yet again, they tried to over-charge me, twice, for the beer. How many people didn't notice they were being charged an extra £1 every time, even if they took the glasses back!

Yep, I had this too. The problem is that remembering not to charge you the extra quid if you bring your glass back requires independent thought. And that, evidently, is REALLY difficult for the brains trust employed behind the bar.

I was told by one of the supervisors when I enquired about pre-pouring and was told it would now happen without fail at 2.30, half time and after the game. Can someone confirm this happened? Because it didn't look like it happened much to me.
LincsTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LincsTiger »

There were some pre poured in the A+L stand, but it still took an age to get served. They also ran out of pies 10 mins before kick off and had no hot chocolate at half time. I really don't understand how this can be so difficult.

All the talk about new signings tends to be caveated with 'if we have enough money in the bank', yet through both poor stock control and service in the bars and generally poor products in the shop, they make it very difficult for me to give them the money they're after!
maoli226

Post by maoli226 »

The problem is the same every year new untrained staff etuicoquesamsung.com etui sony xperia z5
Last edited by maoli226 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

The ultimate insult came tonight, when we tried to return our glasses at the south end of the Goldsmiths stand. We were told that they had run out of money, and that we should go to the end of the H&B to get our money, or queue in one of the bars. The staff could not understand why we felt that they should have gone and fetched more pound coins, and not expect us to do it.

Whatever happened to Customer Service?
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Rarely post in here now as it would 'appear' that no one listens and certainly no one acts on issues etc.
However, having missed last week due to holiday, we arrived in the Marks Bar, full of seasonal expectations..........and yes, normal service resumed!!

Service terrible, long queues & slow, slow, slow. Staff still not understanding the tills or how to take payment by card. Guinness bar (small one at end) open but no one serving until at least 1345hrs. No TV until supporters asked, 2 tables but DIY seating, with supporters immediately placing chairs around the tables - why??

One positive was the sausages were very tasty & hubby enjoyed the pork, though no crackling but onions were watery & tasteless!

It would be really useful if representatives from Lindleys (or whatever they are called now) & Tigers could be present to hear the comments & disquiet. I dread to think how much money they are throwing away - driving in towards the ground, it is noticible how many supporters are walking away from the ground......

And we haven't had a busy game yet! :smt017
Pip
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Credit where it's due, there didn't seem to be much in the way of queues in the Final Whistle at any point.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Iain wrote:Credit where it's due, there didn't seem to be much in the way of queues in the Final Whistle at any point.
Was that because most people have stopped going there?

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

As someone who has posted on this thread several times I would like to announce that this is my final post as all of the others give me the feeling that I am doing something into the wind and all that is happening is that Iam getting wet and it isn't beer.

In the ABC bar (both sides) there was virtually no prepulled beer at 2.45 and large queues waiting to be served. The 3 people they had pulling the beer did it one at a time. There are 5 pumps in a block and a tiger pump along side. they are only kids doing the pulling and serving supervisors really did nothing to sort it out.

Why not put 5 glasses under the 5 pumps and start them off. That way in the time it takes to pull one beer you almost get 5 - I understand that each would have to be topped up but it would be much quicker.

At 3.00 when it was my turn to buy - it was considerably quicker to go a catering outlet under the Goldsmith stand and get it there than it was to wait in the queue in the ABC area - how do I know - One of my group went and stood in the queue when I went to get the beer. He had moved 2 places nearer the till.

Do they know how much money they are losing by having new kids serving every week - I had never seen any of the kids before

BRING BACK CAROL - SHE WOULD HAVE SORTED IT
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Did you try to get a beer last night Jack? How did you find it?

I arrived at about 7-00, managed ok, at the small corner bar, lad knew what he was doing, but when at 7-30 I left to go onto the Terrace it was packed, people almost fighting to get into the Mark bar.

After the game, went back into Mark bar, there was one girl on the till, she was good and seemed to be kean to help, another hanging around and a guy in a suit pulling beers, no one else. There were 2 girls standing behind the £1 return table doing nothing as no one claiming any refunds, 2 people to hand back your £. Why?

There was a bit of prepoured beer to be fair.

After most people had left, the Guy in the suit came over to apologise, I think the ABC had run out of beer and folk had come through to the Mark side.

He explained that due to limited access to the new stand, ABC and Mark were the only bars serving the new stand and the Crumbie. So there were extra customers to serve.

He said they have very limited storage facilities and consequently no where to keep extra barrels.

When asked about multiple pouring heads, ie 8 at a time, he said Everards had the beer franchise and they did not have that equipment available, the best he might do was to get twin pourers, he thought that would probably suffice!

Seemed a nice guy, American, one day things will get better, don't hold your breath though, but at least we got some communication from them. Thanks :smt001

Ps the New TVs are a vast improvement on the old ones.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Went into ABC just before half time - ridiculous service!

Guy serving me was really slow and really didn't seem to understand the setup. Then had to wait at least 7-10 mins for my two pints; and that is no exaggeration. They all seemed out their depth, no organisation or direction.

If Everards don't have the equipment they should go out and buy it; if they are sole supplier to Tigers I suspect they take some margin out of it?

And why oh why can't I get a pint of Guinness?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I lunched (late) and dined (early) at the Belmont where I also stayed overnight (after a post match nightcap). Steak and musroom sandwich for lunch and fish and chips for dinner. Service splendid and Guinness (not prepoursed but brought to table) excellent!
Still keeping the faith!
OadbyTigerFan

Post by OadbyTigerFan »

"Fast Lane" bar of Met Rx Upper Level at the Welford Road end was appalling last night and anything but fast. This was about 7.00-7.15 ish -

To start with, there were only two people in front of me in the queue but I was waiting for at least 10 minutes to be served. There were 3 staff behind the bar, one who pretty much remained stuck to the till, the other two only serving drinks based on what till-boy told them to serve. I asked one of the serving boys for a drink whilst he was standing around and he told me he couldn't serve me without being told the order from till-boy. There seemed to be no organisation or pre planned roles for the two server boys, they were working over each other and getting in each others way. There were no pre-poured drinks ready which slowed the process down further.

Once I got to be served it went from bad to worse, I am coeliac so cannot drink beer, only drinks without gluten, my usual choice at Tigers is Strongbow. I questioned the availability of Strongbow as, being a European game, the competitions beer sponsor had their lager taking over the cider pump. The server assured me that draught cider was available and pulled a pint. The pint looked very much like lager, so tentatively I took the tiniest sip. It was LAGER. Till-Boy then told server boy that cider wasn't on tap tonight, only bottled. How they had managed to be serving for an hour before noticing draught cider wasn't available I have no idea? They gave me a bottle of cider.

Then, he added the cup deposit onto the drink price for a BOTTLE! I advised him that I wasn't taking a cup. But, rather than changing the £4.90 to £3.90 the till-boy doubled the bottle price, so I'm now looking at till-boy's panicking face and a till showing £8.80 for one drink. Another couple of minutes and the farce was resolved. Once I had my correct change and a drink that wasn't going to poison me, it was pretty much time to take my seat.

A painful and unnecessary experience, which should be better for our standard of club. I would love to know what away supporters think of our shambolic joke of a catering service?