Munster Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StanUpenfite
Tiger Cub

Munster Away

Post by StanUpenfite »

As someone who regularly travels back to Limerick to watch Munster play I am more than happy to assist any Tigers fans looking to travel over for the game.
There is only really 1 direct flight from the midlands to Shannon, but I imagine that will already be full or very expensive once the dates are officially announced.
I'm happy to advise on flights, transfers, hotels, and places of interest and of course pubs. Message me your details and I will gladly help and advise. :smt023
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Munster Away

Post by L Smith »

Thanks, 'Stan'.
My group are debating which away fixture to go to and if it's Munster, we'll be in touch.
:smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

StanUpenfite wrote:As someone who regularly travels back to Limerick to watch Munster play I am more than happy to assist any Tigers fans looking to travel over for the game.
There is only really 1 direct flight from the midlands to Shannon, but I imagine that will already be full or very expensive once the dates are officially announced.
I'm happy to advise on flights, transfers, hotels, and places of interest and of course pubs. Message me your details and I will gladly help and advise. :smt023
The last time was that great day at Thomond Park!! We stayed at the Two Mile Inn, in fact I believe most of Leicester did as I recall? However, we are thinking of somewhere in Limerick so Stan if you can give us some good 3/4 star places it would be appreciated. Thank in anticipation
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
StanUpenfite
Tiger Cub

Post by StanUpenfite »

[quote="TigerCam"

The last time was that great day at Thomond Park!! We stayed at the Two Mile Inn, in fact I believe most of Leicester did as I recall? However, we are thinking of somewhere in Limerick so Stan if you can give us some good 3/4 star places it would be appreciated. Thank in anticipation[/quote]

The Two Mile has been closed for a while now and you are better off central anyway. I usually stop at the pier hotel but I know for the weekend of the game that they only have a few double rooms left, I do have a spare triple room at the moment. Others nearby and I'd also recommend. Limerick hotel (Formely Jurys Inn), The George Boutique, And Perys and bit further out the Absolute. If you want posher Clarion, Strand or Savoy. Cheap and Cheerful The Railway hotel. A bit run down but opposite train station and a few doors from Richard Harris's favourite boozer the Charlie St George.
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

12th December it is. What would be the best way to travel?
briggsy

Post by briggsy »

If anyone is interested I've just booked return flights from manchester for £40 each. Ryan air flying out 7am saturday morning with a choice of returning late sunday night or first thing monday morning.
Dominichi
Tiger Cub

Post by Dominichi »

hi there,

Which is the best airport to fly into? From the map it looks like Shannon airport is closer but an Irish friend of mine is saying Cork?

thanks in advance for any help given.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Shannon 10 miles, Cork 150.
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

Dominichi wrote:hi there,

Which is the best airport to fly into? From the map it looks like Shannon airport is closer but an Irish friend of mine is saying Cork?
a) Where are you thinking of flying from?
b) Would you rather do more travelling in Ireland or on this side before you fly?
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Have booked The Limerick Strand for 11th-14th weekend. Can't wait. Also just got return flights from Stansted to Shannon for just over £60 each. Could have been a bit cheaper if we'd gone for the 9pm Ryanair flight home but that is just too late so we went for the 7am one. Even if delayed the trains will still be running which is worth it in December when the weather could be tricky. Just need to get match tickets now :smt007
Dominichi
Tiger Cub

Post by Dominichi »

hi there,

a) Where are you thinking of flying from?
b) Would you rather do more travelling in Ireland or on this side before you fly?

Hi - live in Kibworth, but as I'll have a car this side - would rather do more travelling in England than in Ireland. To be honest best price I've found is Stanstead to Shannon so may well go with that.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Dominichi wrote:hi there,

You are having your leg pulled. It is definitely Shannon. Cork is miles away.
StanUpenfite
Tiger Cub

Post by StanUpenfite »

Shannon is the best airport to fly into. Very few flights from the Midlands about now try Manchester, Heathrow or Stanstead. Should be plenty of flights from B'ham/EMA to Dublin you can get to Limerick by bus for 15 euro's with Dublin Coach.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Are there any season ticket holders not wanting to go to this match? Looking for an additional two tickets does anyone know if there is a restriction of one per season ticket holder once they are available?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks :smt023
StanUpenfite
Tiger Cub

Post by StanUpenfite »

We are traveling from Blaby to Birmingham on the Friday for the Aer Lingus 16.35 flight to Shannon we are looking at running a bus over anyone else on the same flight who would like to join us is more than welcome. Also looking at transport into Limerick City on arrival, Limerick City tour guide thrown in at no extra cost. :smt023
Last edited by StanUpenfite on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.