Treviso away fixture

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Treviso away fixture

Post by Stu_F »

TigerLad wrote:When was the last time we had a player who could step like he can.
http://www.rugbydump.com/2008/08/636/ma ... er-in-2002
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

A few lapses, and little bit inaccurate at times, but 5 tries in the wet, with only 3 points against, is a good return.

Ayerza, Barrow, Veainu the standouts.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I quite liked that back line add in Williams @10, Tait is a better 13 than Betham is. Betham is a winger playing 13 though.

Veainu @ 15 is good but worry about kicking game TBH.

Forwards happy with McCaffrey made a big difference coming on Andy would start him and Williams V bath next week.

Balmain looked good with Ty and Ayerza. Overall happy.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Strong, freezing cold wind, with rain on n the second half made handling and kicking hard. Not the most inspiring of matches to shiver through, but some bright spots, excellent tries and 5 points. Treviso had a number of players missing, so let's hope they cause problems for Munster and Stade At Stadio Monigo.
Valhalla I am coming!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Any thoughts on the try that wasn't given?
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

I would have given it... but then I'm hardly impartial..
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:Any thoughts on the try that wasn't given?
I've seen them given with less obvious downward pressure, so, no I don't know why it wasn't given :smt017 :smt017
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fleabane wrote:Strong, freezing cold wind, with rain on n the second half made handling and kicking hard. Not the most inspiring of matches to shiver through, but some bright spots, excellent tries and 5 points. Treviso had a number of players missing, so let's hope they cause problems for Munster and Stade At Stadio Monigo.
And the wind was all over the place.

While Treviso were rarely threatening, they did manage to hang on to the ball for fair chunks of time, restricting the time Tigers were in possession. Plus the amount of time spent sorting out the scrums was appalling, especially in the first half. It took 4 minutes of game time from the ref blowing up for a knock on to the ball coming out from the scrum in one instance. :smt013
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Old fashioned win on an old fashioned pitch in old fashioned conditions. Ratty, niggling Italians as well,

Enjoyed the dancing feet. I wonder how many Bruno would have given Veainu for his effort? And just to make my day, one for the fat boys at the end.

Remy? How do I love thee!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote:I quite liked that back line add in Williams @10, Tait is a better 13 than Betham is. Betham is a winger playing 13 though.

Veainu @ 15 is good but worry about kicking game TBH.

Forwards happy with McCaffrey made a big difference coming on Andy would start him and Williams V bath next week.

Balmain looked good with Ty and Ayerza. Overall happy.
Veaniu wasn't the only one with some questionable kicking. Others were guilty too, although Bell obviously made up for his loose ones with some exquisite others.

Barrow looks very promising for a 22 year old.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

No one should levy any criticism today, the conditions here today were very severe, the wind was very very cold, strong and blowing from all directions.

It was a very good win today, ok Treviso are not the best team but Tigers did not have out their full first team, we offloaded quite well in our new style, kicking from hand was very unpredictable.

J Griffin asks where have Tigers been in the last 2 years, did he not notice that we have made some great signing this year, some unknown rising stars, some very good players from lesser AP clubs and some very exceptional players who told how they want to play rugby for this club!

Well done Tigers, I am just drying out with a coffee and Italian brandy, maybe a few more! :smt038 :smt041
St John Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by St John Tiger »

Had a great time in Treviso. Good vocal Tigers supporters, and Treviso fans really friendly and good fun.First half was dry but second half played in strong wind and driving rain in last 20. Tigers controlled the game throughout, but Treviso never gave up. 10 points from possible 10 will do very nicely! Bring on Bath.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

TigerLad wrote:Wow veainu. This boy is quite good isn't he. Scored 2 today with one superb acrobatic finish incorrectly ruled out. When was the last time we had a player who could step like he can. TBP wrapped up.
Rabeni?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

LE18 wrote:No one should levy any criticism today, the conditions here today were very severe, the wind was very very cold, strong and blowing from all directions.

It was a very good win today, ok Treviso are not the best team but Tigers did not have out their full first team, we offloaded quite well in our new style, kicking from hand was very unpredictable.

J Griffin asks where have Tigers been in the last 2 years, did he not notice that we have made some great signing this year, some unknown rising stars, some very good players from lesser AP clubs and some very exceptional players who told how they want to play rugby for this club!

Well done Tigers, I am just drying out with a coffee and Italian brandy, maybe a few more! :smt038 :smt041
Perhaps too many brandies, my comment about where Tigers have been for two years referred to the two previous seasons, before the summer signings etc. I was emphasising the change that has occurred :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Big Dai wrote:Enjoyed the dancing feet. I wonder how many Bruno would have given Veainu for his effort?
Please tell me you're talking about Frank Bruno. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.