Treviso away fixture

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

St John Tiger
Tiger Cub

Treviso away fixture

Post by St John Tiger »

Does anyone know when the away fixture in Treviso is due to be played please? We are longstanding Tigers fans living in Jersey, and although we have been to Welford Road and Twickenham on several occasions we have never been to an away European fixture. Any tips on travelling to Treviso would also be appreciated. Many thanks.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Treviso away fixture

Post by trendylfj »

You will have a great time - a fairly easy place to get to by air - treviso itself and then by taxi to your hotel, Venice (marco polo) and the by train (about 40 mins) from mestro railway station - really cheap trains but if there are 4 of you - consider a taxi to get to the railway station - about €30 the last time we did it and a very easy journey (20 mins). If the flights are fully booked the Verona is not too far ( in my opinion a better option than Venice)- car hire and drive about 90 mins drive depending on whether you take the toll motorway or the slower S roads round the top side of Vicenza. Verona is a nice addition to the trip - Venice is very expensive.

You will have a great time and dont worry about tickets - get them when you arrive and they seem to be cheaper as well.

More of a problem is hotels but if you haven't got one booked you may find the price has gone up. ( I have one booked for all 6 weekends and will cancel them when I know when the fixture is )- mid August is the last I heard
Hehehehehehehehe
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

trendylfj wrote:You will have a great time - a fairly easy place to get to by air.
It depends from where you start.
St John Tiger wrote:Any tips on travelling to Treviso would also be appreciated. Many thanks.
If you're flying from Jersey, the simplest route might be with Easyjet and stage through Gatwick. If time is no object, why not look into getting the ferry across to St. Malo and then taking the train?
St John Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by St John Tiger »

Many thanks for all the very useful advice and info from various people, I knew the Tigers family would come up trumps. Hopefully the fixture details will be announced shortly and I can book flights etc. Cheers for now. :smt001
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

St John Tiger - my advice is to scroll back a bit on the forum and you'll find an old thread last time we travelled to Treviso. From memory it was full of great advice and I'm sure most will still be in relevant!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Flights and Hotel booked. Looking forward to the gathering in the Celtic Bar. :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Anyone know when tickets go on sale for this?

Going to take my £1 beer mug with me, should prove to be a talking point/ swopsy with my favourite opposition supporters. :smt030
TimwW

Post by TimwW »

Tickets now available on www.ticketone.it
tigermum
Tiger Cub

Post by tigermum »

Have flights and hotel booked and are very excited about our second away Europeanmatch .(first was Stade Francais final so that will take a lot of beating!)
We would like to sit with other Tigers supporters so where in the ground s the best place to be?

Many thanks.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Suggest Fleetway Travel and stay in Venice itself.. We just had 4 full days in lovely Hotel anf Flights for £299 each. Venice is certainly not expensive if you use Trip advisor !!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

tigermum wrote:Have flights and hotel booked and are very excited about our second away Europeanmatch .(first was Stade Francais final so that will take a lot of beating!)
We would like to sit with other Tigers supporters so where in the ground s the best place to be?

Many thanks.
Have always sat in the main stand, unallocated seating. Its never been near full, you are covered (from above and behind, not at the side) and can congregate as you wish.
TimwW

Post by TimwW »

All seats in the main stand are allocated this year.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Have they infact installed seats, normally you are just sitting on the concrete steps, getting your backside wet unless you have bought a cushion or taken one with you? (Concrete sweats) Locals use newspaper.

I beleive there is an area of the main stand with seats, but in the past the rest of the stand did not have seats, the opposite side of the ground has no cover.
TimwW

Post by TimwW »

Maybe I should have said spaces rather than seats.