New club shop

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

New club shop

Post by ellis9 »

Firstly, now the shop is in the MetRX stand is it now smaller than the refurbished one was in the clubhouse stand and secondly, is the shop going to stay where it is now?
tigersince74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: New club shop

Post by tigersince74 »

I called into the new shop this afternoon and was surprised at how big it is. It is slightly smaller but better laid out. I suspect due to the quality of the décor and set up it will be around for a while. You can park in front of the MetRX as the barrier went up without using the intercom.

The new shirts looked good and I did buy several for the family. Be careful as the sizes do not equate to the Canterbury shirts i.e. an XXL (Canterbury 48-50) is now an XL (Kooga 49 or XXL 52 which was huge). Check the quality of the collar as I rejected 6 before finding one that the stitching was okay.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

tigersince74 wrote:I called into the new shop this afternoon and was surprised at how big it is. It is slightly smaller but better laid out. I suspect due to the quality of the décor and set up it will be around for a while. You can park in front of the MetRX as the barrier went up without using the intercom.

The new shirts looked good and I did buy several for the family. Be careful as the sizes do not equate to the Canterbury shirts i.e. an XXL (Canterbury 48-50) is now an XL (Kooga 49 or XXL 52 which was huge). Check the quality of the collar as I rejected 6 before finding one that the stitching was okay.

So not only are they disgusting they are poorly made too... :smt003 sounds great
johnh

Post by johnh »

The shop will be re-located back to the new Clubhouse Stand.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

My understanding is that the shop will remain in its new premises but as these will not be accessible from inside the ground there will be a new smaller sales outlet in the new stand.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

johnthegriff wrote:My understanding is that the shop will remain in its new premises but as these will not be accessible from inside the ground there will be a new smaller sales outlet in the new stand.
And when is this scheduled to be built and open?
Still keeping the faith!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

That was a bit naughty Bill. I have information on the opening of the new stand but having recently visited the ground I have reason to doubt the accuracy of my information. At one stage I was told they were just two days behind schedule. I have no expertise in building and am not in a position to say what can be achieved in two days but in the words of my hero Victor Meldrew " I don't believe it ".
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The new January end date suggest they may be nearer to 1 month behind.

From what I saw from the web cam I believe they were driving steel piles which would need to be filled with concrete. If the ground conditions were not fully as expected (large lumps of concrete were mentioned by one poster) this may well account for the delay.

It's a pity that the cameras are not better sighted. The large image is too far away to show much detail and the two small images (one of which is not being updated) are pointless as they show nothing. It would have been better if a camera had been mounted at the club house end of either of the two main stands and the viewer had the option to switch between views for the large image. Not rocket science in this day and age.

Still, it's better than what the Stains web site is offering :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Chilly030682

Post by Chilly030682 »

Can you still get shirts printed in shop on match days ?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Chilly030682 wrote:Can you still get shirts printed in shop on match days ?
Why not ring them and ask?
Still keeping the faith!
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Chilly030682 wrote:Can you still get shirts printed in shop on match days ?
We went in on Saturday and they weren't able to do it as the machine was broken but they did say they can do them on match days.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Popped in the other day and it seemed pretty crammed and there was only two of us in there plus a large amount of stock hasn't been delivered yet.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

chipnchase wrote:Popped in the other day and it seemed pretty crammed and there was only two of us in there plus a large amount of stock hasn't been delivered yet.
When you say crammed, is that with stock, or the two of you filled the space for customers or both?
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Its poorly set out, the old shop used to flow this one can barely get one person between each rail.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

chipnchase wrote:Its poorly set out, the old shop used to flow this one can barely get one person between each rail.