2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours Thread Part 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours Thread Part 1

Post by wormus »

kornboy130 wrote: Toomua seems very much our best bet looking at this - potentially as a marquee signing. This season or next seems to be the bit open for debate - I would be excessively excited if he came though.
Looking at the Champions Cup website - Rules The club must nominate 41 players of which 10 must be front row capable - all fully registered at the club.
BUT - "Each Club is permitted a maximum of TWO non-European players in each match SQUAD of 23. Not two on the field of play at the same time.
How will this affect us this season ?? Surely the SH players do not count as EU. I believe Tigers have 40 listed on the Champions Cup website. Guidance please.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

wormus wrote:
kornboy130 wrote: Toomua seems very much our best bet looking at this - potentially as a marquee signing. This season or next seems to be the bit open for debate - I would be excessively excited if he came though.
Looking at the Champions Cup website - Rules The club must nominate 41 players of which 10 must be front row capable - all fully registered at the club.
BUT - "Each Club is permitted a maximum of TWO non-European players in each match SQUAD of 23. Not two on the field of play at the same time.
How will this affect us this season ?? Surely the SH players do not count as EU. I believe Tigers have 40 listed on the Champions Cup website. Guidance please.
Certain non-europeans count as "european" under the Kolpak trade ruling (that nationals of nations entered in to trade agreements with the EU enjoy the same workers rights to not have their freedom of trade restrained). In Rugby this typically means players from Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and South Africa are therefore "european" legally - and typically an Aussie or a Kiwi can find a passport from one of these nations or an ancestry one from the UK.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think so far the only non Kolpak players are Fitzgerald and Ayerza.

Ayerza though I think could and therefore might get a GB passport.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Ayerza has a Spanish wife and thus citizenship - losing your touch RB :smt002
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

What about Betham?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Didn't know about his wife. :smt009

Betham has Samoan parents doesn't he?

So is it just Fitzgerald?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

In the rugby paper this week, Manu linked with Bristol and Wasps for around the £500k mark.

I find it slightly worrying how we've gone from within the next week to he's still not put pen to paper...

It wouldn't surprise me if Club A came in for Club B's player, Player M, but club B did a deal involving the hushing up of misused Celery to ward off club A, but player M doesn't really want to be at club B anymore.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Was just making another thread more updated.

:smt023
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

As stated many many times on here-actually this is getting repetitive-----Freddie will take the highest bidder, France Japan Anywhere the Tuilagi Family can coin it in !!!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk