Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by Scott1 »

So is the hotel themed as the one in Manchester or is it just called The Brooklyn Hotel?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:20 pm So is the hotel themed as the one in Manchester or is it just called The Brooklyn Hotel?
As in the Manchester property its design has been inspired by the New York borough with which the hotel shares its name, with SquidInc overseeing interiors.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:20 pm So is the hotel themed as the one in Manchester or is it just called The Brooklyn Hotel?
As in the Manchester property its design has been inspired by the New York borough with which the hotel shares its name, with SquidInc overseeing interiors.
Love all that stuff,currently watching Boardwalk Empire. I'll go to a game and stay there with the Wife then if it's like the Manchester one,that looks ace!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:28 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:27 pm
Love all that stuff,currently watching Boardwalk Empire. I'll go to a game and stay there with the Wife then if it's like the Manchester one,that looks ace!
It should be very good, Bespoke know what they're doing and the Manchester one is very successful. There is very little quality in the existing Leicester hotels so it will be a welcome addition!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Looking forward to it. As someone who has to drive a fair way I think Sunday night winter games may now be doable. A sherbet or two at the game and drive back Monday morning.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:43 pm Looking forward to it. As someone who has to drive a fair way I think Sunday night winter games may now be doable. A sherbet or two at the game and drive back Monday morning.
Sounds like a plan
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Is the band still on after games?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Yes

The hotels are retro theamed (Al Capone, etc.) so a bit different. Clearly to aim is to have similar hotels around the country in due course.

Out of interest the camers showing the build progress appears to be stuck on Friday afternoon. Hopefully someone can give it a nudge.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

I'm surprised that the bridge to the stadium is open to the elements
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:27 pm I'm surprised that the bridge to the stadium is open to the elements
There won't be a lot of traffic across the bridge and you save a lot of money by not enclosing it,
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Went past a couple of times today... Fancy railings being erected along the kerb of the road and it looks like the pathway either side of the hotel is going to be about 12ft wide, how long before the mayor sticks a cycle lane in it ? anyway may be a bit messy this week, both footpaths either side of the hotel are closed off for the works and it looks very unlikely it will be open by Saturday
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Is the footpath blocks or is it tarmac?
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Noggs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:57 pm
GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:27 pm I'm surprised that the bridge to the stadium is open to the elements
There won't be a lot of traffic across the bridge and you save a lot of money by not enclosing it,
I would have thought that the idea was for corporate functions in the ground to sell packages including accommodation in the hotel. I for one would prefer an enclosed walkway if wearing a suit in a rainstorm.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:19 pm
Noggs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:57 pm
I would have thought that the idea was for corporate functions in the ground to sell packages including accommodation in the hotel. I for one would prefer an enclosed walkway if wearing a suit in a rainstorm.
It’s not associated with the club other than being neighbours, I imagine Tigers will still hold their own corporate functions
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Noggs wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:15 am Is the footpath blocks or is it tarmac?
At the moment ....theres some patches of tarmac that would have been behind the wooden fencing, but the side many of us walked along to the game is just rubble , the coned off lane off the road is also closed off now, but you wouldn't believe it, despite no chance of walking along there because the've completely blocked off the paths with barriers and big sign saying pathway closed the've employed a person either end of the path to stop people walking along it