Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by ay2oh »

Anyone got any idea what is happening with the Tiger monument ?
A2O
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It is planned to go ahead but the design has changed. Instead of the two tigers rampant forming an arch there is now a sculpture of a tigers head on a plinth.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I knew that the design had been scaled down but when is it due to commence ?
A2O
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Not sure but I suspect it will be installed in Spring 2022 as part of the completion of the concourse plaza between the hotel and the stand.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Noggs wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:34 am Not sure but I suspect it will be installed in Spring 2022 as part of the completion of the concourse plaza between the hotel and the stand.
Thanks👍
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

This thread reminds me a little of Big Brother fans who watch the live feed when everyone's asleep 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

If I book a room in the hotel, will I get a free view of the pitch, I might treat SWMBO on a day when we are at home of course lol.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:59 am This thread reminds me a little of Big Brother fans who watch the live feed when everyone's asleep 😂
Reading the thread is not compulsory :smt009

They are currently lifting the link bridge into place which for me is interesting :smt001
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Noggs wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:32 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:59 am This thread reminds me a little of Big Brother fans who watch the live feed when everyone's asleep 😂
Reading the thread is not compulsory :smt009

They are currently lifting the link bridge into place which for me is interesting :smt001
Is this going to direct into the Cat stand?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Yes. It connects at first floor level giving direct access to the conference and dining facilities. The link is open to the elements and the facade of the north stand has already been modified with double door fitted. I am sure this ease of access with be very attractive for those planning conferences; weddings; etc. and has to be very positive in terms of increased revenue for the club.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Link bridge looks to be about finished. It has what appears to be a glass balustrade which will be very smart. :smt001

They have also started with the removal of the scaffold to the Welford Road gable end. Once completed they will be free to begin installing the steelwork for the wide sweeping entrance canopy, always assuming the plans have not changed too much.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Noggs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:09 am Link bridge looks to be about finished. It has what appears to be a glass balustrade which will be very smart. :smt001

They have also started with the removal of the scaffold to the Welford Road gable end. Once completed they will be free to begin installing the steelwork for the wide sweeping entrance canopy, always assuming the plans have not changed too much.
I walked through the concourse yesterday* and can confirm the bridge has a glass balustrade on both sides, probably 3ft / 4ft high. Enough to stop an errant todler falling off definitely! It looks really good.

*side note - I never know if this is a public thoroughfare or not (essentially cutting from Aylestone Rd to Welford Rd across in front of reception, etc), or whether I'm trespassing if it's not a matchday! There are barriers to stop cars, but pedestrians...?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Once the hotel is open it should be a public right of way as you will need to be able to approach the hotel on foot from both directions.
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Noggs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:09 am Link bridge looks to be about finished. It has what appears to be a glass balustrade which will be very smart. :smt001

Seems odd to not have it covered to me. Esp if they intend to use it for weddings etc as someone mentioned earlier.

Looks good though
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

watsonjm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Seems odd to not have it covered to me. Esp if they intend to use it for weddings etc as someone mentioned earlier.

Looks good though
pros and cons I guess - no cover will be better for photographs and easier to keep clean. I saw planning permission documents for signage for both the hotel and for what looks like will be a bar/restaurant on ground floor underneath where the bridge enters the hotel complex - called 'The Lair' - hope that name gets reviewed!