Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by Old Hob »

dunks43 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:19 pm
Noggs wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:15 am Is the footpath blocks or is it tarmac?
At the moment ....theres some patches of tarmac that would have been behind the wooden fencing, but the side many of us walked along to the game is just rubble , the coned off lane off the road is also closed off now, but you wouldn't believe it, despite no chance of walking along there because the've completely blocked off the paths with barriers and big sign saying pathway closed the've employed a person either end of the path to stop people walking along it
I would believe it. What is hard to believe is just how often people are prepared to ignore warning signs. If you ever saw the programme on GWR there was great footage of a family moving a barrier and tearing tape to get into a lift with a big "Out of order" sign on it. They pushed the button, the lift rose 7feet or so and stopped. Cue panic by the family and a pain in the bum for the railway.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

There's always one!

I hope they use block paving as it's much more attractive.

For those who've noticed that the camera viewing the construction is in a time warp stuck on Friday afternoon I understand that this is because it has been disconnected to allow for some work on the Stand concourse and that it will be up and working again by the end of the week.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Hotel to open July 4th - independence day
Hehehehehehehehe
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Signage going up on 'The Lair'. Should look very smart when it is all finished.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The concourse is close to completion in time for the hotel opening on 4th July. Looking at the current webcam image there seems to be a possible rectangular base for the 'Tigers' statue. Do we know whether there will be a formal unveiling of the statue?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noggs wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:03 pm The concourse is close to completion in time for the hotel opening on 4th July. Looking at the current webcam image there seems to be a possible rectangular base for the 'Tigers' statue. Do we know whether there will be a formal unveiling of the statue?
From the Webcam progress on the laying of the concourse slabs is very, very slow ~ they must be getting the materials from Jewsons! :smt013
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It should be a great space for pre-match food, drinks and entertainment. An enhanced match day experience can only be good for the club and supporters :smt023
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

So looking at the Webcams you can see the Hotel Concourse is now complete and looking spectacular and ready to open.
The Ground Webcam shows that the pitch has now been stripped for reseeding and maintenance, let us hope the pitch gives us the same success this year! Please Ed sow some magic seeds again! :smt041
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wormus wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:30 pm So looking at the Webcams you can see the Hotel Concourse is now complete and looking spectacular and ready to open.
The Ground Webcam shows that the pitch has now been stripped for reseeding and maintenance, let us hope the pitch gives us the same success this year! Please Ed sow some magic seeds again! :smt041
I believe that the pitch is being upgraded so will look great at the start of the season.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:46 pm
wormus wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:30 pm So looking at the Webcams you can see the Hotel Concourse is now complete and looking spectacular and ready to open.
I believe that the pitch is being upgraded so will look great at the start of the season.
It was remarked on how fantastic the pitch looked for the semi, compared with some relatively poorer surfaces earlier in the season. I’m no turf expert but I am convinced that the position and size of the big stand must have something to do with it.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:50 pm
It was remarked on how fantastic the pitch looked for the semi, compared with some relatively poorer surfaces earlier in the season. I’m no turf expert but I am convinced that the position and size of the big stand must have something to do with it.
Exeter have a similar pitch and talking to Ed Mowe, they had issues with the pitch that needed treatment but not knowing how to fully remedy the situation. The weather and temperatures did not help. The playing surface has been good all season and drains very well. They have some light lamps that are used in some parts of the pitch to promote growth. Not an easy job to get it to top grade
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:55 pm
Exeter have a similar pitch and talking to Ed Mowe, they had issues with the pitch that needed treatment but not knowing how to fully remedy the situation. The weather and temperatures did not help. The playing surface has been good all season and drains very well. They have some light lamps that are used in some parts of the pitch to promote growth. Not an easy job to get it to top grade
Some light lamps,what are they growing? 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:56 pm

Grass :smt002 :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:56 pm

Grass :smt002 :smt003
Reminds of Rodney Trotter and grass and AstroTurf 🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer