Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by wormus »

Like most non residents of Leicester Season Ticket Holders I have been unable or unwilling to travel to the ground during the covid pandemic. There have been several requests for a webcam off the CAT stand viewing the growth of the hotel.
Today we had a snick viewing under the guise of Tigers news "Friday last chance to order" and there was some scaffolding.
~ https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/fr ... -christmas

It really would be encouraging to see the progress of the hotel, Yes I know it is not costing Tigers to construct but this is a future asset and like the Development Squad it spells the future. Have we got to wait for Bondi to arrange this if/when he returns?
Come on Tigers you webcammed the Nottingham Building Socy. stand. Happy Christmas folks :smt114 :smt023 :smt111
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I drove past last week in the dark, there is a massive screened/enclosed building on the old Granby Halls site, I think that's the car park and judging by the height it must be nearing completion. I couldn't see any signs of the hotel, unless its part of the same structure?
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

No, that’s the new hotel, the car park will be the other side of the stadium next to the college.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

philw wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:28 pm No, that’s the new hotel, the car park will be the other side of the stadium next to the college.
:smt023
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Scaffolding and protective screen nets suggest that the cladding and windows are going in so the floors will be cast and internal divisions also being built (blockwork first and stud partitions once an area is weather tight).

We've been asking for a webcam since they first started on site so I can't see them getting their finger out now :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Noggs wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:32 pm Scaffolding and protective screen nets suggest that the cladding and windows are going in so the floors will be cast and internal divisions also being built (blockwork first and stud partitions once an area is weather tight).

We've been asking for a webcam since they first started on site so I can't see them getting their finger out now :smt009
This building is not a Leicester Tigers project but is being built by a franchise so it would be down to the franchisee to put up a webcam.
The stands were in the Stadium and were being managed by a Tigers Project Manager....
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:07 pm
Noggs wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:32 pm Scaffolding and protective screen nets suggest that the cladding and windows are going in so the floors will be cast and internal divisions also being built (blockwork first and stud partitions once an area is weather tight).

This building is not a Leicester Tigers project but is being built by a franchise so it would be down to the franchisee to put up a webcam.
The stands were in the Stadium and were being managed by a Tigers Project Manager....
There is a good view of the hotel project from the ground so it would be relatively easy for the club to provide one or more video cams to enable the supporters and shareholders (who are no longer visiting the ground) to see the progress day by day. Some have :censored: all else to do!

It is interesting to say the least that the club don't even give updates on the club website. Don't they think we have an investment and interest in the project? :smt017
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Surely as the freeholder, the club could have stipulated that a web cam must be deployed to show progress of the development?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

The webcam for the west Nottingham Building Society Stand construction was gratefully supplied by Shine Systems and is still in operation.

Now here is your Christmas present ~ you sociable Tigers there is a webcam of the Hotel construction off the north Stand, again by Shine Systems and is updated every minute, so our request has been answered. So thankyou Tigers management and Shine Systems. :smt038 ~ https://www.leicestertigers.com/mattioli-woods/webcam Enjoy.....
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I drive past the stadium/ hotel development a few times each week as I take my grand daughter to Brooksby College, the development is well protected by sheeting and I can confidently say there is not much of interest happening on a day to day basis. It was much more interesting when we had the pitch reseeded and you could tune in for hours at a time to watch the grass grow.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:30 pm I drive past the stadium/ hotel development a few times each week as I take my grand daughter to Brooksby College, the development is well protected by sheeting and I can confidently say there is not much of interest happening on a day to day basis. It was much more interesting when we had the pitch reseeded and you could tune in for hours at a time to watch the grass grow.
😂😂😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

My three-year-old grandsons and I regularly pass the ground, shouting TIIGERRRS! as loud as we can of course, and they’re clearly disappointed with the news that ‘the Tigers’ hotel’ isn’t for real tigers 😧
Merry Christmas and a winning New Year to all!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

wormus wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:32 pm

The webcam for the west Nottingham Building Society Stand construction was gratefully supplied by Shine Systems and is still in operation.

Now here is your Christmas present ~ you sociable Tigers there is a webcam of the Hotel construction off the north Stand, again by Shine Systems and is updated every minute, so our request has been answered. So thankyou Tigers management and Shine Systems. :smt038 ~ https://www.leicestertigers.com/mattioli-woods/webcam Enjoy.....
Love it! Thank you. Although, could the camera operator remove the two lattes left just in front of the camera :smt003
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

There also seems to be a London bus parked in front of the hotel. Perhaps it came north as part of the Friday exodus :smt040
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I was wondering what the large scaffolding tower was for in front of the building. Just seen the answer with the webcam showing the unloading of an artic using a mobile crane. Large orange sheathed pallets were lifted and dropped on the platform to be manually rolled into the building. I suspect they may be pre-assembled bathroom pods. :smt017

Good to see progress is still being made in these troubled times.