Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by Noggs »

The surface has stood up reasonably well this season but it his good to know that the club, helped by the high attendance figures, can afford to give it a make over.

The hotel and plaza look as though they are finished and you can see deliveries being made in preparation for opening on the 4th. Just a week left to get the staff up to speed. Let's hope the club start to increase their hospitality and conferencing business of the back if the hotel facility putting more £'s in the coffers to help with getting the club firmly back in the black.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Car park next :smt023
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Think I’ve just seen the last wheelbarrow leaving the site! It all looks splendid - at last 😊
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

What are they doing on the pitch at the moment, are they digging trenches for undersoil heating? Last week it looked like they were top dressing the pitch with sand, whats the white stuff now and the trenches?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

As it's Crumbie side maybe extra drainage?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

LE18 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 pm What are they doing on the pitch at the moment, are they digging trenches for undersoil heating? Last week it looked like they were top dressing the pitch with sand, whats the white stuff now and the trenches?
They are putting in a whole new surface which is an upgrade on what we previously had. The trenches will be for drainage and also for the watering pop ups to water the pitch.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Yes. The old surface was lifted a week or so ago. Glad we are still going with a hybrid pitch and not plastic.

The hotel is looking good and I'm happy to see the Tigers linkage in both bits of the interior decor and the naming of the main bar/restaurant. I look forward to the additional revenues it brings in for Tigers hospitality and conferencing businesses.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Might pop in for a drink on match day
A2O
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

50% of the new pitch has now been relaid. There doesn't seem to be a lot of time for bedding in before the first preseason game but I'm guessing with the pop up sprinklers giving lots of moisture coupled with the hot weather growth should be fairly quick.

Re the plaza we seem to have removed the new paving from an area which, if memory serves, is where they created a large surface water soak away (I think). Don't know what the problem is.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noggs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:24 pm 50% of the new pitch has now been relaid. There doesn't seem to be a lot of time for bedding in before the first preseason game but I'm guessing with the pop up sprinklers giving lots of moisture coupled with the hot weather growth should be fairly quick.

Re the plaza we seem to have removed the new paving from an area which, if memory serves, is where they created a large surface water soak away (I think). Don't know what the problem is.
I too have just looked at the ground web cam and seen the progress on the pitch. Last year I believe the whole pitch was seeded but it was only a light excavation. This year they seem to have used big caterpillar diggers on site.
So is the pitch being turfed or is it hybrid seed after pulling back the groundsheets?
~ https://www.lan-cam.co.uk/view.php?CUST ... er%20Time)
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wormus wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:31 pm
Noggs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:24 pm 50% of the new pitch has now been relaid. There doesn't seem to be a lot of time for bedding in before the first preseason game but I'm guessing with the pop up sprinklers giving lots of moisture coupled with the hot weather growth should be fairly quick.

I too have just looked at the ground web cam and seen the progress on the pitch. Last year I believe the whole pitch was seeded but it was only a light excavation. This year they seem to have used big caterpillar diggers on site.
So is the pitch being turfed or is it hybrid seed after pulling back the groundsheets?
~ https://www.lan-cam.co.uk/view.php?CUST ... er%20Time)
It is a similar pitch to last year but with an upgrade is how it was described to me.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It is laid in long strips which are then (if memory serves) 'stitched' to the substrate. I recall I found a video of the system on the suppliers web site when it was first installed.

Out of interest there are two fire engines outside the hotel at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't burn down so early in its life.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noggs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:13 pm It is laid in long strips which are then (if memory serves) 'stitched' to the substrate. I recall I found a video of the system on the suppliers web site when it was first installed.

Out of interest there are two fire engines outside the hotel at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't burn down so early in its life.
Thanks for the response TB.
I can only hope the two fire engines were there to water the new pitch until the ground sprayers are commissioned and why use our metered water when the fire brigades is free. :smt028
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

A whole new meaning to 'smoke on the water' :smt001