Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by philw »

No problem Mark. I think the LRI is paying some of the cost of the new multi storey, and will then issue staff permits so it can be used during the week.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:14 pm The carpark is being used by NHS staff free of charge, and I thought it was generally known that construction sites were not operating.
Try telling that to the workers building new stuff at the school just by me, going at it jackhammer and tongs for the last 3 weeks.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:14 pm The carpark is being used by NHS staff free of charge, and I thought it was generally known that construction sites were not operating.
Cannot find the reference but the club did announce that work was still going ahead on the hotel as scheduled wef 23 March
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wes

Post by Wes »

On construction sites generally, the Government has written an open letter saying 'thank you for carrying on working', much as they have to manufacturing so if you can get materials then you're good to go
I only live there to wind up the population!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wes wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:12 am On construction sites generally, the Government has written an open letter saying 'thank you for carrying on working', much as they have to manufacturing so if you can get materials then you're good to go
I believe all industries/trades are being encouraged to continue to work, providing they can meet with Social Distancing Rules.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Can confirm that the area has been cordoned off and there were a few workmen on the site and some digging was taking place.
Had to visit LRI so saw this on way out.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Thanks for the update.

At this point it will be all about marking out and excavation for leveling, foundations, drainage, etc. so social distancing shouldn't present two many problems.

We're in this for the long haul so the more that can safely be kept going the better for all.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Received a nice call from Tigers yesterday checking whether we were well and if we needing anything. In the conversation I mentioned getting a webcam or two set up to monitor the progress of the new hotel development. He thought it was a good idea and promised to see what could be done. It will be something to watch :smt001
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It's a shame they haven't pointed a webcam at the new hotel development so that we can monitor progress. More interesting than seeing someone cut the grass :smt009
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Given the whistleblowing from contractors on the new training facilities for LCFC about social distancing, or specifically the lack of, I can see developers being reluctant to have cameras pointing at their construction sites. However, there was a useful guide recently on health and Safety from the Construction Leadership Council so hopefully they are following these and can get cracking on the new facilities (where safe to do so!):

https://builduk.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... edures.pdf
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

For anyone who is interested, the hotel operator has been announced. Good company, award winning brand and concept.

https://www.thecaterer.com/news/second- ... ening-2022
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As long as it is a good deal for the club, then I’m fine with it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=JP14 post_id=742958 time=1591032471 user_id=12219]
As long as it is a good deal for the club, then I’m fine with it.
[/quote]

The financial deal will be between Marshall CPD and Bespoke Hotels - if it follows their previous deals then Bespoke Hotels will be taking a lease with Marshalls as the landlord,( at least initially). I suspect that this was a pre-let, and was the reason Marshalls came to the table in the first place.
I would think that the Club are pretty happy with the type of hotel and their operation - conference spin- off business etc.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

MurphysLaw wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:37 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:27 pm As long as it is a good deal for the club, then I’m fine with it.
The financial deal will be between Marshall CPD and Bespoke Hotels - if it follows their previous deals then Bespoke Hotels will be taking a lease with Marshalls as the landlord,( at least initially). I suspect that this was a pre-let, and was the reason Marshalls came to the table in the first place.
I would think that the Club are pretty happy with the type of hotel and their operation - conference spin- off business etc.
Good :smt023
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

MurphysLaw wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:37 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:27 pm As long as it is a good deal for the club, then I’m fine with it.
I thought Tigers owned the site and Marshalls are the developers and will therefore own the building. Bespoke Hotels are then leasing the building from Marshalls.

It is not clear to me whether or not the club also have a financial interest in the building. Perhaps the club have already clarified this previously and I have missed it but it would be good to know.