Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by wormus »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Noggs wrote:
They won't be finished by the end of January but perhaps the end of February/early March is a possibility :smt023
Remind me when Esater is again? ** Ed Slater our Captain is still injured!!!!

:smt026
Sign of a crane on the south side earlier and if you watch the BBC clip on Gibson Cockers video they show men on the roof fixing roof sheets.
Yes Easter March 25 to 28 probable when away to Sale but March 20th home v Saracens is a possibility. Grand opening by Farrell and Randrew?? :smt043
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Noggs wrote:
They won't be finished by the end of January but perhaps the end of February/early March is a possibility :smt023
Remind me when Esater is again?

Didn't you predict '...roof on by Easter and finished for the beginning of next season...'? :smt017
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noggs wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
Noggs wrote:
Remind me when Esater is again?

Didn't you predict '...roof on by Easter and finished for the beginning of next season...'? :smt017
Noggs, behave yourself :smt003
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

What, me sir...? :smt040
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noggs wrote:What, me sir...? :smt040
Minor point of detail. Have the club yet decided on the carpet and wallpaper for Mr. Cihens office? The procurement and installation of those could introduce a further 3 month delay!!

:smt010
Still keeping the faith!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Noggs, Unlikely that the lift(s) installed yet as top floor still not watertight and probably therefore no 3 phase electrics yet? Does the lift serve the seating or is it purely for the top floor?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I would think that the mechanics of the lifts are in place and it would be possible to have laid most of the waterproof roof membrane, depending on the system being used and drainage design. The parapet looks as if it will be at least 2m high and the cranked beams crossing that space will be open to the elements.

On the question of the lifts the central lift will serve the first floor offices and the second floor ClubHouse lounge from which member will have direct access to a viewing balcony and to their seats. The other lift at the southern end may also give access to the offices but its main purpose would be as a service lift to the kitchen and bar facilities serving the second floor lounge.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

There seem to be multi-coloured rectangles in the in-goal area now (advertising, I presume). I wonder if these are on a newly laid artificial surface? We will see this afternoon!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Continued progress today with the fixing of the cladding panels to enclose the south end of the CAT stand.

Ground floor now fully enclosed with the glazing for the new shop, etc. completed and work has also started on the glazing frames to the second floor windows on the road facade.

All in all it's looking like a very nice addition to the WR facilities. :smt023
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Couldn't have been more wrong about the in-goal area - looking more like a beach now!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

KevinR wrote:Couldn't have been more wrong about the in-goal area - looking more like a beach now!
Sand for west in-goal area for the rest of this season to allow for contractor access and I think they were talking about a nylon reinforced grass pitch for next season which IMHO gives the best of both worlds; the play of grass but excellent properties when it comes to daily wear and tear. :smt023
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

It will be too cold to expect significabt progress this week.

Stand completion by Easter still a possibility.

Full completion by start of next season still dependant on agreeing S.Cohen's wallpaper and carpet!!
Still keeping the faith!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Looking at the webcam and something massive lurking at the terrace end of the stand
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bill W (2) wrote:It will be too cold to expect significabt progress this week.

Stand completion by Easter still a possibility.

Full completion by start of next season still dependant on agreeing S.Cohen's wallpaper and carpet!!
I understand he's chosen the carpet but he's still unsure about the curtains (full swag or not?).

Interesting is the apparent decision to only protect half of the pitch from frost. Perhaps part of a dastardly plan to fool the Italians when they first step out into a swamp and then unknowingly step onto an ice rink :smt017
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Noggs wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
Interesting is the apparent decision to only protect half of the pitch from frost. Perhaps part of a dastardly plan to fool the Italians when they first step out into a swamp and then unknowingly step onto an ice rink :smt017

The side of the pitch close to the dugouts and Crumbie does not get much sunlight and is the first area of the pitch to freeze, hence only half covered. Expect it to be fully covered if it gets colder for a long period of time
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk