New kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Christophelp

Re: New kit

Post by Christophelp »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
floridaboy wrote:I wanted to like the new kits, but I can't. If its all about marketing and sales then will the club listen to the fans and supporters!
Its not difficult, something traditional, green, white and red hoops, white shorts, it would sell I have no doubt.
Notice to club.... Listen to the fans.
You're never going to win - not all fans want red, green and white hoops all of the time. Some are happy to go with something different every once in a while while others want to stick with tradition. There's no right or wrong, just different opinions on what people do/don't like.

For my 2p worth, I like both the home and away shirts, but can understand why those who want a more traditional shirt won't like them.
The problem I have is that we haven't had a red, green and white (i.e. traditional) hooped shirt for several seasons now - since 2011/12 in fact, which is quite frankly ridiculous. Canterbury didn't do one in their 3 seasons and Kooga haven't this season.

It seems pretty straightforward - why can't we have a plain and simple traditional shirt, probably every other season, it'll sell more than a 'quirky' untraditional one and the club will make loads of money.

Of course I am assuming that both the club and kit manufacturers want to sell as many shirts as possible.....!!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Christophelp wrote:
longlivethecrumbie wrote:
floridaboy wrote:I wanted to like the new kits, but I can't. If its all about marketing and sales then will the club listen to the fans and supporters!
Its not difficult, something traditional, green, white and red hoops, white shorts, it would sell I have no doubt.
Notice to club.... Listen to the fans.
You're never going to win - not all fans want red, green and white hoops all of the time. Some are happy to go with something different every once in a while while others want to stick with tradition. There's no right or wrong, just different opinions on what people do/don't like.

For my 2p worth, I like both the home and away shirts, but can understand why those who want a more traditional shirt won't like them.
The problem I have is that we haven't had a red, green and white (i.e. traditional) hooped shirt for several seasons now - since 2011/12 in fact, which is quite frankly ridiculous. Canterbury didn't do one in their 3 seasons and Kooga haven't this season.

It seems pretty straightforward - why can't we have a plain and simple traditional shirt, probably every other season, it'll sell more than a 'quirky' untraditional one and the club will make loads of money.

Of course I am assuming that both the club and kit manufacturers want to sell as many shirts as possible.....!!
These are my thoughts exactly..I even trawl eBay to try and find the 2011/12 one in good fettle as I need a new one..

It beggars belief to be honest they must be such idiots making these decisions :smt017
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Or highly successful businesses...
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

floridaboy wrote: Its not difficult, something traditional, green, white and red hoops, white shorts
If the league requirements for kits to be predominantly light or predominantly dark are still in force, this combination of shirt and shorts will not happen.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
floridaboy wrote: Its not difficult, something traditional, green, white and red hoops, white shorts
If the league requirements for kits to be predominantly light or predominantly dark are still in force, this combination of shirt and shorts will not happen.
I guess that could depend on the green being used (and/or on the relative darkness of the alternative kit).
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

To me both shirts are great and I have supported Tigers for more than 40 years. The only shirt I didn't like was the one with the bibs and stripes.I'm not usually a bloke who likes change but accept in the professional era both kits and styles of play have moved on!!Also remember lots of the new generation of Tigers' fans like modern looking kit and will buy it. If, however, some fans want a more traditional style get the Ayerza Testimonial shirt. My wife got it for me, it arrived on the morning we went to the Ricoh and that was the best we played all season!!(A good omen but like a fool I didn't wear it when we went to Bath!!) If more fans buy the testimonial shirt, who knows, we could be top of the league by Christmas!!!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Exactly; there are options available for all tastes and if you don't like any of them you can always support Bath :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The home kit :smt009

The away kit :smt023
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Saw the new shirts "in the flesh" for the first time today at a local retailer. Initial impressions are that the classic has come out of the same factory as the Canterbury examples, with even the printed Caterpillar logo seeming identical in texture (rubbery). The replica shirt seems of a lower manufacturing quality than Canterbury's polyester shirts, with untidy looking seams and stitching as an example - although this was tempered by the fact that the sponsor logos are subliminated in the design, not printed (hooray!). The chap in the shop wasn't particularly complimentary about Kooga, their supply chain or their products...
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cassandra (aka BJ) will forgive me for repeating that since we have won no silverware I shall not be purchasing a new shirt of either description. They are both rubbish anyway!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!