Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New kit

Post by Snorbins »

watsonjm wrote:
Snorbins wrote:Bland and totally unimaginative!
I assume you prefer last seasons orange one then?
At least the orange one had a bit of flair even if it wasn't universally liked. This one just has the John Major factor.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am just so pleased we did not win silverware last year. So I will not be buying a new shirt!!

Both are awful!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

I like 'em both. Traditional ish colors and styling with a modern twist.

Seems like those who think they're dull and unimaginative want red, white and green hoops every year.

Hmmm. :smt017 :smt015
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Red, green and white hoops are the Tigers' colours though! This is otherwise just changing tradition, which I personally don't like.

I won't be buying either... I really don't like them. They (both home and alternative) look like cheap football training tops from the market. I personally wish they would bring back something similar to the 2009/2010 strip.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I want my hope kit to stay relativity the same each season roughly.

Cottern traders got it spot on IMO in the home department.

Away kit well it's been a hell of a long time since I last liked one, this one actually looks better than I thought on the players.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

To be honest, while I might bemoan the frequency at which the kit is changed (but I understand the reasons, what with it not being 1980 any more), I don't really give a toss what they look like. As long as my side can be easily distinguished from the others on the pitch and, crucially, win while they wear it, I'm happy.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Don't really get all the fuss.

I can't afford to buy replica shirts regularly but if I did I would appreciate the variety of designs over the last few years. I would like some more than others but everyone has their own tastes. Above all I see it as a bit of fun.

Above all, it's who is in them and how the team play that is of overriding importance.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

As something to wear and be seen in, I like both shirts, which is more than can be said for any of the Canterbury shirts, bar the black European one.

As shirts that represent Tigers? Hooped? sort of. Colours? tenuous. If you showed the home shirt to fans of other clubs/regions/provinces without saying whose shirts they were, I doubt that any of them would immediately say it was a Tigers shirt.

Will I buy either? I have lots from previous seasons, but having not bought one for the last 3 seasons, if the quality is good - a visit to the club shop is on the to do list - I probably will.

Don't know if there is a particular reason, but the kits have "swapped". The home kit is now the predominantly light one and the away kit predominantly dark.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I think the classic away we are yet to see will look good with the black arms..

I think it has to be this one over the impractical and washed out white home one for me..

Thinking about going for Fonua 8 on the back as this guy is going places :smt023 (mostly straight over the top of opposition :smt003 )
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

I wanted to like the new kits, but I can't. If its all about marketing and sales then will the club listen to the fans and supporters!
Its not difficult, something traditional, green, white and red hoops, white shorts, it would sell I have no doubt.
Notice to club.... Listen to the fans.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

floridaboy wrote:I wanted to like the new kits, but I can't. If its all about marketing and sales then will the club listen to the fans and supporters!
Its not difficult, something traditional, green, white and red hoops, white shorts, it would sell I have no doubt.
Notice to club.... Listen to the fans.
You're never going to win - not all fans want red, green and white hoops all of the time. Some are happy to go with something different every once in a while while others want to stick with tradition. There's no right or wrong, just different opinions on what people do/don't like.

For my 2p worth, I like both the home and away shirts, but can understand why those who want a more traditional shirt won't like them.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

They aren't going to give you the standard hoops every time. Its not good business. I'm sure all the previous shirts have sold well enough to justify their playing around with the formula. Unfortunately we have now had 3 suppliers in recent years so its changed a little too often.

I quite like both kits. The best combo we have had for a few years.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Just been told that they won't be selling the away in a classic version :smt005 it is laughable how :censored: our club is at certain things..the classic version is only available with huge white arms (quite possibly the most stupid design ever)

Looks like I won't be buying a shirt for another year then purely due to horrific design..Do they not want our money???
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

I like the new shirts and will probably buy one (as I do most seasons) as they're a bit different and I think it's a way of contributing to the club.

I also very much like the 'traditional' red, white and green hoops, but would be very unlikely to buy one every season if they were just a small variation on a theme.

New kits are mainly about raising revenue for the club which they won't do by producing 'samey' shirts every year.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Just been told that they won't be selling the away in a classic version :smt005 it is laughable how :censored: our club is at certain things..the classic version is only available with huge white arms (quite possibly the most stupid design ever)
I would probably buy a long sleeved version of the away kit, but I will not be buying any of the options for this year, the home kit is just not TIGERS enough for me.

Just to make the rest of you laugh - I had a clear out of old clothes recently (the week before the new kit was announced) which included a classic jersey from 2008/9 that I had been given. Wish I'd kept it now, coz I could have passed it off as being this season's classic (green sleeves rather than white I know - but IMO it's an improvement !)

I wonder if the charity shop has sold it yet ? :smt017