New kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

New kit

Post by floridaboy »

Got a very slim piece of info yesterday, I was told that the new home kit would seem to have white shorts and the shirt is of a more traditional Tigers design with a V necked collar.

Now I've read an awful lot of rumour on these pages over time, but the person who told me this is the same one who broke the news to me that our change strip last year was, to quote " Oh my word, just you wait till you see our new 2nd strip, you are gonna puke"
So I will wait and see, 1st of August I believe is the date !
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New kit

Post by kpj tiger »

floridaboy wrote:Got a very slim piece of info yesterday, I was told that the new home kit would seem to have white shorts and the shirt is of a more traditional Tigers design with a V necked collar.

Now I've read an awful lot of rumour on these pages over time, but the person who told me this is the same one who broke the news to me that our change strip last year was, to quote " Oh my word, just you wait till you see our new 2nd strip, you are gonna puke"
So I will wait and see, 1st of August I believe is the date !
Somebody on the facebook fan page said the reveal was 20th of July and sales would start on 1st of August, I think it might have been the same person who says they have heard its more traditional than our recent shirts but it still isn't basic hoops
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

V NECK COLLAR!!
:smt022
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

What wrong with a v neck collared shirt?

V neck collared shirts have been the best IMO.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

20th July reveal would tie in with the info posted under "Kit" in the ABC, where it was mentioned it would be within a fortnight.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

My idea of a v neck, must be different to yours RB.

Got to say I prefer a couple of buttons my self.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

A collared v neck is different to a v neck shirt IMO.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

A collared v neck is different to a v neck shirt IMO.

Ayerza testimonial shirt was a collared v neck IMO.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

I don't think Kooga do a 'V Neck' as such rather more of a 'kiwi' collar - http://www.kooga-rugby.com/
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Last but one Scarlets kit was a v-neck, and just because they didn't do them last season doesn't mean they won't this season.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Last but one Scarlets kit was a v-neck, and just because they didn't do them last season doesn't mean they won't this season.
Looks like I've been put in my place by the stash oracle. :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I've quite liked the smart design of the last two and hated the bib and squiggle. It would be nice to see a return to classic green, red and white stripes or something near enough.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Iain wrote:I've quite liked the smart design of the last two and hated the bib and squiggle. It would be nice to see a return to classic green, red and white stripes or something near enough.
:smt026 " Oh perchance to dream !"
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Whatever it looks like I am going to buy it and put Fonua 8 on the back as this guy is destined for cult Henry Tuilagi mark 2 status :smt023
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

chipnchase wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:Last but one Scarlets kit was a v-neck, and just because they didn't do them last season doesn't mean they won't this season.
Looks like I've been put in my place by the stash oracle. :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
:smt003

(I only discovered last night whilst searching for "inspiration" as to the possibly nature of this year's offering!) :smt002
Whatever it looks like I am going to buy it and put Fonua 8 on the back as this guy is destined for cult Henry Tuilagi mark 2 status
As long as he doesn't run 30 yards with hoards hanging off him and snap his ankle!