Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: New kit

Post by Brutus »

jgriffin wrote:
Brutus wrote:At least it has hoops! It does kind of look like it was a half decent design to begin with but was then given a once-over by a rugby league kit designer...

Surely the aim a of a kit is to convey the identity of a club and be appealing to its fans, so they'll buy it and generate money for the club?!
The following article sums up the entirety of what Kooga's research SHOULD have been:
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/766 ... ai8tK1waP8

I am a little surprised by a couple of people saying that they'd only buy the shirt if we'd won silverware - how fickle can you be!!
That's the one shirt I would buy, alongside the old black euro shirt. I have 3, and the last one - last season's - is a piece of caci, as the Welsh say. I won't be buying this one, although it isn't that bad...think 'bib' for truly awful.

I'm not criticising anyone's choices, just that particular sentiment. Its fair enough that people don't want to buy a new shirt every season -Not every supporter wants or can afford one and I don't buy one if I think it's :censored: (e.g. the 'bib' and last year's kit that would look like a London Irish top if you took away the badge). But if someone decided not to buy a top that they thought was good just because Tigers had won no silverware the previous season, well that just seems a bit silly. :smt016
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote: That's the one shirt I would buy, alongside the old black euro shirt. I have 3, and the last one - last season's - is a piece of caci, as the Welsh say. I won't be buying this one, although it isn't that bad...think 'bib' for truly awful.
Agreed Mr Griffin........the one after is wasn't too bad (with the fine red line on the hoops) Those were indeed the last ones I bought. My Marcos shirt was brought because it was similar. The marketing team told me it was deliberately pitched like that to capitalise on the fact some did not like the official designs.

I am hoping for a black away shirt.
Last edited by Big Dai on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Big Dai wrote:
jgriffin wrote: That's the one shirt I would buy, alongside the old black euro shirt. I have 3, and the last one - last season's - is a piece of caci, as the Welsh say. I won't be buying this one, although it isn't that bad...think 'bib' for truly awful.
Agreed Mr Griffin........the one after is wasn't too bad (with the fine red line on the hoops) Those were indeed the last ones I bought. My Marcos shirt was brought because it was similar. The marketing team told me it was deliberately pitched like that to capitalise on the fact some did not like the official designs.

I am hoping for a black away shirt.
The away shirt could be white fading to black. That should keep everyone happy :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Have been waiting for a look at this for some time now and anticipating what it might look like. At least we have got hoops back and something that looks like a Tigers shirt rather than that awful bib thing. I'm not even going to go near the barbed wire orange version which is all the fault of Stihl I guess. The classic style version of the new strip will keep me warm in the winter BUT it was always going to be a tough call between this new kit and a Marco Ayerza Testimonial shirt for 2015/16. The Ayerza shirt is really good looking and I think Marcos has just won a customer.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:Have been waiting for a look at this for some time now and anticipating what it might look like. At least we have got hoops back and something that looks like a Tigers shirt rather than that awful bib thing. I'm not even going to go near the barbed wire orange version which is all the fault of Stihl I guess. The classic style version of the new strip will keep me warm in the winter BUT it was always going to be a tough call between this new kit and a Marco Ayerza Testimonial shirt for 2015/16. The Ayerza shirt is really good looking and I think Marcos has just won a customer.
rcedes

Another victory for Fliss and Mercedes.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Brutus wrote: I am a little surprised by a couple of people saying that they'd only buy the shirt if we'd won silverware - how fickle can you be!!
I know that Bill can speak for himself but, I would imagine that when you have supported Tigers as long as he has, buying a new shirt every season would require huge amounts of wardrobe space. Buying one when we have won silverware is a form of memento of the success.
Thank you Cagey. Brutus can think I am silly if he wishes. Personally I think those fans who buy a new shirt season after season are silly! But it is their money for them to spend as they wish.
Still keeping the faith!
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Brutus wrote: I am a little surprised by a couple of people saying that they'd only buy the shirt if we'd won silverware - how fickle can you be!!
I know that Bill can speak for himself but, I would imagine that when you have supported Tigers as long as he has, buying a new shirt every season would require huge amounts of wardrobe space. Buying one when we have won silverware is a form of memento of the success.
Thank you Cagey. Brutus can think I am silly if he wishes. Personally I think those fans who buy a new shirt season after season are silly! But it is their money for them to spend as they wish.
Bill you may well be silly for all I know, I definitely am (at least my daughter seems to think so). My original point wasn't aimed at anyone specific anyway, I'd been reading other threads on the forum and had seen a number of people posting who seem to think that Tigers should win everything every season to be worthy of their support. That attitude grates on me, hence my comments on this post. Regarding buying a shirt, each to their own. Let's hope this season is a good one and that the lads stay injury free - that may result in a number of fans wanting to buy those extra mementos. ;) Have a good one!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

g)
Brutus wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote: I know that Bill can speak for himself but, I would imagine that when you have supported Tigers as long as he has, buying a new shirt every season would require huge amounts of wardrobe space. Buying one when we have won silverware is a form of memento of the success.
Bill you may well be silly for all I know, I definitely am (at least my daughter seems to think so). My original point wasn't aimed at anyone specific anyway, I'd been reading other threads on the forum and had seen a number of people posting who seem to think that Tigers should win everything every season to be worthy of their support. That attitude grates on me, hence my comments on this post. Regarding buying a shirt, each to their own. Let's hope this season is a good one and that the lads stay injury free - that may result in a number of fans wanting to buy those extra mementos. ;) Have a good one![/quote]

As ever I KEEP THE FAITH!
:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

It's certainly a big deal for the club!

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/ ... a-kit-deal
Valhalla I am coming!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I quite like the new shirt but much preferred the last two efforts, especially the green with the three hoops. However, that's personal preferences and the real interest will be in the eventual popularity. My guess based on absolutely no factual evidence whatsoever is that it'll be popular.

Interesting to see that as I write this entry the SS classic is out of stock!

I'd also be interested to understand how posters define 'more traditional'? Than what? Certainly not a more traditional pattern of rugby shirt than the plain green with three hoops, albeit much more traditional than the Tiger stripes. And the only fading you saw on traditional shirts was from age and washing: not tasteful and 'artistic'!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Don't know if someone has mentioned it yet but I have heard a rumour the away kit will be red...here's praying it's nice so I can buy it although red doesn't seem right..
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

fleabane wrote:It's certainly a big deal for the club!

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/ ... a-kit-deal
I wonder if we get a proper kit in the next 6 years?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Don't know if someone has mentioned it yet but I have heard a rumour the away kit will be red...here's praying it's nice so I can buy it although red doesn't seem right..
Some were wishing for a red alternate shirt on this very forum IIRC. Off the top of my head, without consulting the comprensive Tigers' history book, the club's first official alternate shirt was red (1980-ish?). Blue then followed until a predominently white shirt replaced it in 2002. Then came the rainbow! Black, then White (& "Mulberry"), Baby Blue, Platinum (Grey?), Blue(s), White and finally Orange!
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

when is the release date for the away kit?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Bobmac wrote:when is the release date for the away kit?
August, I believe