New kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigertaylor

Re: New kit

Post by Tigertaylor »

For me this is the best Tigers kit in about four years. I like the cotton top too!! I know its about personal preference before I'm beaten down here but still, for me at least, it's a good start to what needs to be a better season!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

What's the opposite of growing on you? I thought it was alright at first, but now all I can see is that fade to green.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Take away the logo and I'd never say that was a Leicester kit. Looks more like a London Irish kit. 5/10 for me. :smt009
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by technologus »

It's far from my favourite - I really liked last season's - but I'll definitely buy it.
billhemsley
Tiger Cub

Post by billhemsley »

On the basis (so far as I am aware) that clubs have to have a dark strip and a light strip for the Premiership, and our previous shirts have all been seen as dark, it will be interesting to see which this qualifies as, and what the "away" version will be.
Surreytiger

Post by Surreytiger »

Not a fan at all. The training gear is not brilliant either, they are using a lot of red for t shirts and hardly any green - All looks a little Gloucester to me !
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Absolutely no consideration given to the impact of pre and post game soirees? My Missus is going to go nuts after every game!! Too much white to display the beer and curry that missed my gob!! This evidence will lead to interrogation on just how bladdered I was for starters and quickly followed by 'do I really know how difficult it really is to remove a madras and numerous beer spillages' from my treasured item of clothing. Cheers Tigers for dropping me in for the forthcoming season - not funny - not funny!! :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I am completely shocked at how awful it is...the classic one with the white arms is both horrendous and stupid...

I was so excited at buying this shirt now unless the away one by some miracle isn't disgusting will be another year I don't buy one due to design..

It was put perfectly on the Facebook group with: Why can't the Tigers leave well enough alone? Seems like the club has spent the last 10 years actively trying to avoid wearing one of the most famous club kits in rugby

I :smt017 :smt011 :smt012
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I am completely shocked at how awful it is...the classic one with the white arms is both horrendous and stupid...

I was so excited at buying this shirt now unless the away one by some miracle isn't disgusting will be another year I don't buy one due to design..

It was put perfectly on the Facebook group with: Why can't the Tigers leave well enough alone? Seems like the club has spent the last 10 years actively trying to avoid wearing one of the most famous club kits in rugby

I :smt017 :smt011 :smt012
Surley you mean the last 5 years?

The 09/10 and 10/11 was a thing of beauty IMO.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Got to say... I like it :smt023

I might even buy one and one for the missus.
jonny24

Post by jonny24 »

I'm a pretty new fan of Tigers so I don't have the same attachment for the past as some. I really liked the last two years home, and the white away with the diagonal stripes.

They came close, but I don't like this one at all. I could live with it if they got rid of the green fade and brought the stripes around the back. Green shoulders would be even better.

Quite frankly I don't think I've ever seen a Kooga kit that looked anything better than average. Glos, Worchester, Ospreys, they all look busy and poorly executed even if the original idea is there. Kooga England that is, Kooga Australia/BLK makes some fantastic jerseys.

I miss Canterbury already. Let's hope the away kit is worth buying.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jonny24 wrote:I'm a pretty new fan of Tigers so I don't have the same attachment for the past as some. I really liked the last two years home, and the white away with the diagonal stripes.

They came close, but I don't like this one at all. I could live with it if they got rid of the green fade and brought the stripes around the back. Green shoulders would be even better.
The irony that I suspect is that the extra "whiteness" of this shirt is down the the reasonably good reception given to the 13-14 alternate/14-15 "European" shirt with its white and diagonals...
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Personally for me Canterbury > Kooga really not a fan of anything Kooga has ever done. And really dislike the design of the latest kit. Still not going to stop me supporting them!
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Well I'm one of the ones who really like this shirt, and prefer the pro replica to the classic. It is something different but like the styling and the will be a couple bought in this household.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Even if I liked it (which I don't particularly) I shall not be buting one because we have niot won silverwware. Had we done so I would buy one - even though I do not like it particularly!!
Still keeping the faith!