New kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: New kit

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Flash wrote:Is it just me or is the Kooga logo massive compared to most others? Not as traditional as some wanted but I quite like it.
Yep, it's grown over the past couple of seasons. Look at last year's Scarlets/Glaws/Worcester kits. Most kitmakers are being a little less subtle now. Nike and adidas are immediately recognisable whatever size, and Canterbury too to an extent, but the smaller kit makers seem to be going for logos or writing that stand out more - ISC and BLK being the most prominent and now followed by Kooga.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

4 seasons since we've had a kit with proper hoops now. It's not awful, just a little bland and amateur looking for me. I'll get over it if we win in it though.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

No player quality shirt? Shame. Quite like it though.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Overall, a 9 out of 10 :smt023

Interestingly, if you look at the photo shoot the players shirts are different in that they are solid green for the top half of the back of the shirt. Obviously this allows for the number and players name to be clearly displayed on a plane background which gets my vote in terms of good design.

In addition, there is little of the 'clutter' that you see in many kits as a result of a multitude of kit sponsors (names on backsides, etc.) and all fit well in terms of the colour pallet with the exception of Aviva. Their bright yellow patch always clashes with Tigers colours and it's a pity they are not prepared to change the colour way for different club kits :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

From what I've seen of it so far, I'm very impressed, it harks back to a traditional jersey whilst having a modern feel.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerLad wrote:4 seasons since we've had a kit with proper hoops now. It's not awful, just a little bland and amateur looking for me. I'll get over it if we win in it though.
Take bland over awful after the last couple ones.

Kooga first attempt is 1000000000000000x better than Canterbury first attempt.

Although Canterbury made some nice off field stuff that bobble hat being one of them (I love that hat).
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Looks fine on the video. TG the Canterbury era is over, I needed counselling to get over the bib version.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

It's ok. Not great but ok. Miles better than the bib. Although that's probably not hard.
The t-shirts nice, not sure in the long white sleeves it's a bit bland.
On the whole I think I will waistband see 'in the flesh' before deciding to part with my cash
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

It's ok. Not great but ok. Miles better than the bib. Although that's probably not hard.
On the whole I think I will waistband see 'in the flesh' before deciding to part with my cash
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Suz wrote:It's ok. Not great but ok. Miles better than the bib. Although that's probably not hard.
Waistband see?

Damn autocorrect?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Looks great to me, just needs the addition of a picture with Ed Slater holding a trophy above his head in it to finish it off. I shall go and buy one, not the classic though.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mike Williams looks some unit as well.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I quite like the shirt.
I don't mind the shadow across the front as it just takes the edge off those big bold stripes as an everyday garment, I suppose that is a bit of design genius.
Green sleeves and white shorts would be good also I think, save that for next year.
Cheery chappy
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Last seasons home shirt was way better than this.

Too white all a bit meh really, oh well, was quite excited but I can't see me buying it now. Now what will the away strip be like??
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

RagingBull wrote:Mike Williams looks some unit as well.
So.. my mate ( who I must admit has had some fantastic results with news from WR in the past) stated that he thought the new shirt was going to be more traditional in design with a v necked collar and white shorts....... Mmmmm, might as well listen to my missus who said, " Why don't they play in blue like the city ?"
Enough to make ya weep !