Comacho

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Comacho

Post by chipnchase »

Is he now out of contract with us? If not why on earth have we allowed him to be released to the Argentina squad when he hasnt played a game for us in two years?!?!?!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Comacho

Post by ourla »

chipnchase wrote:Is he now out of contract with us? If not why on earth have we allowed him to be released to the Argentina squad when he hasnt played a game for us in two years?!?!?!
Err, you answered your own question. If he is out of contract we can not stop him :smt017
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I suspect the club will be looking for him to prove his fitness before offering him a new contract. Clearly there is a danger someone else will step in. But then that problem already exists. And it would be madness to offer him a big contract before he has proven his fitness. You hope there is some loyalty points built up that mean if he does hold him during the summer he would give us first option. Or maybe Mauger will come in and say thanks but no thanks.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ourla wrote:I suspect the club will be looking for him to prove his fitness before offering him a new contract. Clearly there is a danger someone else will step in. But then that problem already exists. And it would be madness to offer him a big contract before he has proven his fitness. You hope there is some loyalty points built up that mean if he does hold him during the summer he would give us first option. Or maybe Mauger will come in and say thanks but no thanks.

This Cohen has said he will need to prove himself before he will be offered a new deal. And if he can prove himself with Argentina then brilliant.

I doubt Camacho will leave not many clubs will offer much due to his lack of game time and he is very happy here (as is his wife) and is very grateful to the club for standing by him whilst he is injured.

TBH Argentina will do us a big favour in this way as we can see if he is fit before our preseason starts and gives us time accordingly.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Knowing how lucky we are with injuries he'll probably single handedly win Argentina the world cup scoring 30 trys on route, be automatically given the freedom of Argentina and inducted straight into the hall of fame. On returning to England re-sign with Tigers in the first ever Million pound a year contract, only to trip over his own doormat and put himself out of action for the next three years!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

chipnchase wrote:Knowing how lucky we are with injuries he'll probably single handedly win Argentina the world cup scoring 30 trys on route, be automatically given the freedom of Argentina and inducted straight into the hall of fame. On returning to England re-sign with Tigers in the first ever Million pound a year contract, only to trip over his own doormat and put himself out of action for the next three years!
Someone is in a positive mood today :smt003
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

chipnchase wrote:Is he now out of contract with us? If not why on earth have we allowed him to be released to the Argentina squad when he hasn't played a game for us in two years?!?!?!
Also, whether or not he's in contract, we're not allowed to block international releases. Unless this is outside the international window, which I didn't think it was..
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

It's an international release window for the SH countries due to the whatever the old Tri Nations is called now. We would be up in front of the IRB if we blocked him from joining up as Young Tiger says.

Argentina players are a little bit out of favour at the minute due to the chance they'll miss a large part of the season with international duty. He will not be an expensive option now or after the RWC. The exception to the rule being the likes of Ayerza who are stand outs where like for like replacements aren't readily available.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If he's out of contract why is he still a tigers player or not unless I have missed something, The lad might do better elsewhere because he hardly ever played due to injury and being about 8th in the pecking order.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:If he's out of contract why is he still a tigers player or not unless I have missed something, The lad might do better elsewhere because he hardly ever played due to injury and being about 8th in the pecking order.
He never played so nobody (present company excepted, Noddy) knows where he would be in the pecking order.
I feel really sorry for the lad; such a long and difficult rehab. I would love to see him have a great world cup and come back to WR to show us what he's capable of
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I would rather give his place to a youngster like Rhys Williams.
That being said if, and only if, he has an outstanding world cup and stays fit I could be persuaded.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rhys Williams has left the club. There's some other local lads coming through though.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Camacho fails to make the Argentine WC squad. Officially due to injury, but there are suggestions from some Argie rugby fans that it's nothing of the sort - the coach simply doesn't want him, and has recorded him as injured since his outstanding game against Australia, even though Camacho is still fit and training.

Given his record at Tigers, injury is a clear possibility, but I wonder if he'll be coming back to Leicester - contract or not - to prove his fitness and make himself available during the WC?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Here is a very good Camacho interview:

In Spanish so had google translate it:

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?stor ... op&cc=7586

Remember google translate can get words wrong but here it is:

- But you're okay physically ...
- Yes, I'm fine. This happened is part of the game and we all know the rules. I'm honest, this coaching I am very grateful. I took into account despite my lengthy inactivity, put me against Australia, which were my first minutes of rugby in two years, and allowed me to demonstrate and prove that I can still play at the highest level.

- But the illusion was traveling, right?
- And ... as that you're integrating the group and do things right, expectations are rising, that 'I can not deny. But if you think about it rationally, I played 50 minutes in two years ...

- People are quite complained for having left out ...
- I saw ha. And I'm grateful to the people, the fans, by the support and love. All that is said encourages me to continue giving further forward.

- Now, how you follow the life of Camacho Gonza?
Trying to find tickets to return to England as soon as possible. I have to go for the face, appear. I was already talking with doctors and physiotherapists of the club (Leicester) and are very happy with my progress. My idea is to travel before next Thursday.

- Vos were without a contract, do not I?
- Yes, I have nothing signed. The agreement with the club's word. I have to go back and sit down with the leaders to see if I still want. It will be another battle to face.

- and you're a reserve in the Pumas ...
- Sure, but I hope that nothing happens to any of the boys. I was injured a long time and I know how rough it is, so I do not want anyone to happen the same. If I continue in England, I'm going to encourage more as a fan.

Sounds like he may well still be with us.

That 50mins gave us enough to be convinced for another contract (which rightly it should do).
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

He didn't exactly set the world on fire when at his previous premiership clubs -even when fit . Best to say goodbye and move on . One or 2 young wingers in the Academy are a much better idea .