BT Sport

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

BT Sport

Post by dunks43 »

Just had a lovely email from Bt sport telling me that the sport packages are changing....Despite having Bt broadband and phone and being used to having bt sport for free but from 1st august only btsport 1 will be free, everything else from bt is being bundled into a £5 a month package which looks like it is going to include the european rugby cup and some premiership rugby matches
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: BT Sport

Post by Noggs »

Can I suggest you contact BT and renew your contract for a further 18 months. If you do I believe you will continue to get all of BT Sports for free. I've just done this and I also asked for the new (latest) BT box and router. These I got for free except for a £6.95 charge and they don't want the old box back so you can still access your old recordings. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

I access bt sport through sky... But I moved my broadband to them less than 6 month's ago, part of the deal was free bt sport
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

If you have an existing contract with free BT sports I would have thought that the free sports aspect would continue until the end of your current contract.

I suggest you speak to them. It could be they are advising you of a change which will come in at the end of your current contract. There's a free phone number 0800 917 1740.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Ive just cancelled Sky and moved everything to BT meaning I get BT Sport for free. Sky is dead to me and an absolute rip off considering how much rugby coverage theyve lost recently.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I'm with Virgin Media and have heard diddly squat so far - but then it took them ages to tell me BT Sports was free with my mega package when BT first got involved. It'll be the start of next season before they tell me how much more I will be charged. Can't see it being free.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

dunks43 wrote:Just had a lovely email from Bt sport telling me that the sport packages are changing....Despite having Bt broadband and phone and being used to having bt sport for free but from 1st august only btsport 1 will be free, everything else from bt is being bundled into a £5 a month package which looks like it is going to include the european rugby cup and some premiership rugby matches
Just got the same email myself. I renewed in April. And yes, BT Sport 1 includes Premier League, Aviva Premiership and SPFL. All other stuff including Champions Cup is in the £5/month package.

I'm b annoyed. Not interested in footy and begrudge paying for it. Putting the Champions Cup on there is just a way to get rugby fans to subsidise Champions League. Can't decide whether to say "stuff you" and forgo Champions Cup. It's not the paying for the rugby that I have a problem with, it's subsidising footy that has p'd me off about this.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
dunks43 wrote:Just had a lovely email from Bt sport telling me that the sport packages are changing....Despite having Bt broadband and phone and being used to having bt sport for free but from 1st august only btsport 1 will be free, everything else from bt is being bundled into a £5 a month package which looks like it is going to include the european rugby cup and some premiership rugby matches
Just got the same email myself. I renewed in April. And yes, BT Sport 1 includes Premier League, Aviva Premiership and SPFL. All other stuff including Champions Cup is in the £5/month package.

I'm b annoyed. Not interested in footy and begrudge paying for it. Putting the Champions Cup on there is just a way to get rugby fans to subsidise Champions League. Can't decide whether to say "stuff you" and forgo Champions Cup. It's not the paying for the rugby that I have a problem with, it's subsidising footy that has p'd me off about this.
A finer example of cutting off your nose to spite your face you'll struggle to see. :smt046

I get that it's a bit of a bummer if you were already getting it free but it's £5 a month. Less than the price of a couple of pints. Compare that to Sky prices and it's nothing.

Either don't pay for it and just have the Premiership games or don't pay for it. Your choice.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

CJ wrote:I'm with Virgin Media and have heard diddly squat so far - but then it took them ages to tell me BT Sports was free with my mega package when BT first got involved. It'll be the start of next season before they tell me how much more I will be charged. Can't see it being free.
It is free on the XL package.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Iain wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:

A finer example of cutting off your nose to spite your face you'll struggle to see. :smt046

I get that it's a bit of a bummer if you were already getting it free but it's £5 a month. Less than the price of a couple of pints. Compare that to Sky prices and it's nothing.

Either don't pay for it and just have the Premiership games or don't pay for it. Your choice!
Aren't some of the AP games on BT Sport 2?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm with sky but pay £12 a month for BT Sport which I currently have 2 channels (well 3 over the past few days). I get BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 and at the minute BT Europe. Will I get all 3, only have 2 or only have 1?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Noggs wrote:If you have an existing contract with free BT sports I would have thought that the free sports aspect would continue until the end of your current contract.

I suggest you speak to them. It could be they are advising you of a change which will come in at the end of your current contract. There's a free phone number 0800 917 1740.

I renewed my BT broadband a couple of months ago with BT Sports free under the agreement. However, spoken to them today and as from 1st August I will only get BT sports 1 free. The other channels will cost £5 a month.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I think a lot of people are suffering from the after effects of it being free for the first couple of years. That was never sustainable and the very reasonable pricing has been a great introductory offer. This increase is entirely expected and again, quite reasonable.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BT are utterly clueless, I spoke to someone on their chat service who told me that I could no longer get BT Sport on Sky without BT Broadband, however when I rang to cancel my subscription I was told I was miss informed and their sky price packages will be announced in July and they be me June free in compensation...
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:

Either don't pay for it and just have the Premiership games or don't pay for it. Your choice. But do wind your neck in either way!
The actual cost is pretty immaterial, I don't care if it was 1p or £15. More than happy to pay a fair price to watch rugby on TV. If, at some point in the future, BT put all the current rugby that they have on one channel and charged say £15 - £20 for the channel, I would be happy to pay that.

As I stated, it is the bundling of Champions Cup with Champions League so that rugby supporters subsidise footy. Point of principle. I got fed up with Sky for doing that. Yes, cutting off my own nose it would be, but sometimes a boycott is the only way to get a point of principle across.

And as for winding my neck in, this is a forum, where within limits, you can express your opinions freely. I'm not making a personal attack on an individual or the club, nor is my implied swearing anything that does not happen at other times on here. If I or anyone else wants to have a bit of a rant about something like this, what's the problem? :smt017